Favourite Moments/Quotes from 'Air'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Moments/Quotes from 'Air'

First up, this is not a bashing/flame thread. Err your grievances over SGU or SGA's cancellation somewhere else. Not here. And yes, you witty haters, posting: "My favourite moment was when the episode ended." counts towards bashing/flame.

Thus, let's get down to it. Post your favourite moments or quotes from the premiere of SGU.

If I misquote something, feel free to correct me.

For example,
    "It's not a gumball machine, Eli!"

The scene in which Eli keeps trying to narrate to the kino, and Scott's yelling at him to stop.
    "Eli!"
    "Sorry."

Scott rounding up James and Riley for an exploration:
    Scott (to James): "You're James, right?"
    James (Better known as the chick Scott was screwing earlier): "Yes, sir."
    Scott: "Okay. You and Riley are with me."
    Greer (to Scott): "Subtle, man. Real subtle."

Go to it.
    Last edited by MattSilver 3k; 16 March 2011, 04:25 AM.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post

Scott rounding up James and Riley for an exploration:
    Scott (to James): "You're James, right?"
    James (Better known as the chick Scott was screwing earlier): "Yes, sir."
    Scott: "Okay. You and Riley are with me."
    Greer (to Scott): "Subtle, man. Real subtle."

Go to it.
    Re: bolded line.

LOL! I didn't quite hear that line when I watched it. Now that I have, it just makes me like Greer even more. Thanks!

One of my favorite bits is the whole Kino scene. I love how Eli and Scott were quickly becoming the resident bromantic pair.

Also, "I am Math boy".

Comment

When Young question's Eli's ability to go off world.

*Eli points to Franklin*

Eli: But what about him!
      These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

An obvious classic - "Were going to beam you up to our spaceship."

Also:
        (favorite moments)
        - Rush grinning upstairs once on-board the destiny;
        - Eli's shock right after getting beamed from his home;
        - Rush's extremely forced laugh after the senator jokes about him investing money in the Icarus program
        - Greer's evil grin after Scott orders him to drop his weapon pointing at Rush

"Marvelous!" (rush commenting on the Kino) - I just love how he says that.
        sigpic

Comment

*Dr. Rush is frantically scribbling on a whiteboard, trying to figure out why Eli's formula did not work*

Eli: "Who still uses a whiteboard, seriously? You have computers everywhere!"

*Frowning, Rush starts to erase everything on the board, and Eli jumps up, horrified*

Eli: "No, no! Stop! Save! Save!"

I laughed sooooo hard at that scene.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
            *Dr. Rush is frantically scribbling on a whiteboard, trying to figure out why Eli's formula did not work*

*Frowning, Rush starts to erase everything on the board, and Eli jumps up, horrified*

I laughed sooooo hard at that scene.
            Me too

I also really like the quote in my sig.

"As human beings, all of them were invaluable"

Awsome.....
            sigpic

Comment

Greer's 'subtle'-line is the only thing which makes me hope that he isn't the Ford who dies in the season finale

Also liked Eli pointing to Franklin for proof of his capability to go off-world.
              sigpic
              A lot of the things that made Stargate awesome, but just with steroids, spread all over it. - Brian J. Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar View Post
                Greer's 'subtle'-line is the only thing which makes me hope that he isn't the Ford who dies in the season finale
                Didn't notice it as much before, but you're totally right. Greer has a very, very different personality than Ford. Ford was quite serious and all business. Greer is intense, yes, but seems more...laid back? (don't know if I like that phrase...but something like that).

Also liked Eli pointing to Franklin for proof of his capability to go off-world.
                Eli had some of the best humor in this episode. People were not lying when they said that the humor was still there. I certainly laughed out loud on several occasions
                Sig by Pandora's Box
                sigpic

Comment

Yep, laid back are the words.

I love the way he said "the air filter is full of crap."

Oh, also LOVED the look Eli gave the KINO when Rush was going on about who was less valuable and thus could be sacrificed to seal off the shuttle. Brilliant!

Comment

Chloe guzzling her champagne during the toast in her honor.

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    Also, "I am Math boy".
                    Agreed.
                    "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                    - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                    - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                    - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
                      Chloe guzzling her champagne during the toast in her honor.
                      Haha, yes! Or the way she said "Oh my God..." as her father began the toast.
                      Sig by Pandora's Box
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                        Oh, also LOVED the look Eli gave the KINO when Rush was going on about who was less valuable and thus could be sacrificed to seal off the shuttle. Brilliant!
                        LOL yeah!
                        It was an awesome "Holy crap - this guy is insane!" look
                        sigpic

Comment

"And what if I say no?"
                          "We'll beam you up to our spaceship."
                          *Eli laughs, but the general is serious.*
                          "Riiiiight. So I'll call you, okay?"
                          *Closes door*
                          *Rush and the General look at each other*
                          *Eli walks up the stairs, but gets beamed up to a spaceship*
                          "Wha----huh?"
                          "Yes, Eli, that is Earth, and yes, you are on a spaceship."

PRICELESS

Comment

My fave was the white board incident...

"SAVE!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post

That was a good one.
                              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Working...
                              X