Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Destiny's Battle damage?! (spoilers for parts 1 & 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destiny's Battle damage?! (spoilers for parts 1 & 2)

SPOILERS ALERT

I guess...

Ok now that the show has aired we know the Destiny has been beat up pretty badly. Im starting to speculate who caused the damage. As much I dread the Asgard being overused (i.e. Borg of Star Trek) I think it was the "Evil" Asgard of the Pegasus galaxy. The "armored" suits the Asgard were using are identical to the suits on Destiny... The Destiny probably used automated defenses to try and prevent the Asgard from boarding and pillaging supplies but eventually they were able to board the ship and steal some equipment. Ideas?

BTW, overall a good start to SGU. Im not hooked yet but I will give it another couple of episodes to pull me in. Too bad General O'Neill wasn't on Icarus base during the attack.... RDA is a great actor!

I think just wear and tear caused the Destiney to be in bad shape. Its been out for a long time so it makes sense that over time things would get broken
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Destiny is much older than Atlantis itself. More than 50 million years
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh but what a ship i was smitten with her the first moment i saw her

Comment

I just want to know where the original crew is? Are they in suspended animation on board somewhere? Are they dead?

Comment

I just want to know where the original crew is. Are they in suspended animation on board somewhere? Are they dead?

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              I think just wear and tear caused the Destiney to be in bad shape. Its been out for a long time so it makes sense that over time things would get broken
              Nope. I specifically remember someone in the Pilot say the ship seems as if it has been in some kind of battle.

They wouldn't have a character say that unless they plan to address it later

Comment

why not? rush speculated the destiny to be thousands of years old, the producers said millions

Comment

It is definitely not 50 million. It was sent after the Ancients were in MW. And they arrived in the MW several million years ago. It is probably a million or so years old.
                  And it is definitely not the evil Asgard. They are just reusing a prop most likely.

Comment

It is definitely not 50 million. It was sent after the Ancients were in MW. And they arrived in the MW several million years ago. It is probably a million or so years old.
                    And it is definitely not the evil Asgard. They are just reusing a prop most likely.

Comment

I think that they are leading you to assume that Destiny was never previously used or occupied. Nobody would be attacking her when basically they could just climb on board. Regardless of how good her automated defenses might be, if Destiny was attacked at some point, it would stand to reason sooner or later, somebody would have figured out how to board her.

To me, it appears as if the damage that she has sustained was of the meteorite type, which would explain the hull damage. From everything I've read, aliens are not going to be taking center stage this season, at least as far as Destiny is concerned. I think it's going to be a story of survival and of attempting to get back home. Just my two cents....

Comment

I think it was attacked. But that the season will be more about defending and surviving. The Destiny could have escaped easily since its engines are capable of FTL. Impossible to board unless you can make a ships speed.

Comment

Im just going to repeat how in the Pilot they said the ship looked as if it had been in a battle. Why would they include that line in the script & get peoples hopes up for nothing unless they plan to reveal it later.

As as for the ship defending itself.
                          Apparently the AI controlling the ship is very advanced, as Rush said "The ship sensed we were in trouble and dialed an address that has what we need"

I doubt the Alterans would launch a ship on such an important mission without any means of it to defend itself, for one to keep the mission on track and two, the ship is loaded with their technology and we all know how much they hate other civilizations getting their tech.

Im betting later in the season we get to see the Destiny blow something up.

Comment

What about the ships before her? How far out are those ships? I was under the understanding this show was about the ship that planted Star Gates, and so I'm unsure the reason behind this ship.

Comment

Originally posted by DaxFlowLyfe View Post
                              Nope. I specifically remember someone in the Pilot say the ship seems as if it has been in some kind of battle.

They wouldn't have a character say that unless they plan to address it later
                              Just because a character speculated it doesn't mean its true

A battle could mean anything. Like maybe it went through a terrible meteor show.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X