Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
    I absolutely adore, love and worship Ravenous But I absolutely adore, love and worship everything RC and Antonia Bird do together (Safe, Priest, Face, Ravenous). She brings out the best in him. RC in Face is just... mind melting. I cry when I think about it. Seriously.

I still haven't watched 28 Weeks Later and I doubt I ever will. I can't even watch Shaun of the Dead with hubby and the kids laughing their butts off. I don't do horror.
    I've seen all of those movies, except 'Safe' I take it, it's another awesome Carlyle movie? But 'Ravenous' was awesome. I mean, RC seemed to really enjoy it, since it did have a kind of Western feel to it. But it was an amazing movie. And 'Face', don't get me started. I'm an avid and huge fan of Damon Albarn, so to see him act in Face alongside Carlyle, and then do music pieces for 'Ravenous' just a plus in my book. I haven't listened to all the commentary from Bird and Albarn on my 'Ravenous' DVD. Probably should, the little bit I did hear, they had nothing but praise for our Bobby

'28 Weeks Later' is another brilliant performance from Robert. I would reccommend anyone who loves RC to check it out, cause again, it's another diverse role he's playing. But I understand what you're saying, and where you're coming from. I don't mind horror films, but sometimes, I think too deeply into them. And I end up spooking myself out for weeks, if I'm not careful. But 'Shaun of the Dead' although had it's moment, it's almost too silly to take it too seriously. I own that movie too, and it's always a great watch whenever I'm feeling down (which is odd, considering it's about zombies, but to each their own). Though anything RC, helps me get through the day, whenever I am feeling down as well. Automatic, instant smile on my face.

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
      Safe sounds good, I searched Amazon for it but can´t find anything about it. What kind of genre is the movie?
      It's about homeless kids in London. Very gritty, very realistic and very moving. RC actually lived rough on the streets for a few days to get into character.

Originally posted by Eri8321317 View Post
      I'm an avid and huge fan of Damon Albarn, so to see him act in Face alongside Carlyle, and then do music pieces for 'Ravenous' just a plus in my book.
      I'm sure we've had this conversation before, but *squee* I love, worship and adore Damon Albarn too
      sigpic

Comment

When I watched '28 weeks later' the first time it took me three days. But now I know when I have to look away I can watch in one piece. RC is really great in it but it's not my kind of movie.

sigpic

Comment

I don't mind horror. I don't care about the gore, it's just I prefer suspence

I really have to get around to watching RC movies, I think I'll take a trip to the library this week
          sigpic
          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

I know it's bad to boast, but I've made a SGU fan vid, dedicated to Nicholas Rush, of course. My first try ever, but I hope you will like it.

It's on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gp5Vkkdvko

Is it OK to post it here?
            sigpic

This ship was named "Destiny" for a reason (c)

Comment

Originally posted by Shinnor View Post
              I know it's bad to boast, but I've made a SGU fan vid, dedicated to Nicholas Rush, of course. My first try ever, but I hope you will like it.

It's on YouTube:

Feel free to post any vids here (in fact, embed them here ) I really like it

I don't know the lyrics of the song but It's just beautiful!
              sigpic
              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Sexiest priest ever!
                Our library will soon be getting a copy of Tournament. I can't wait to see it. And wasn't it Annie Lennox who warned, "Don't mess with a missionary man!"

I know it's bad to boast, but I've made a SGU fan vid, dedicated to Nicholas Rush, of course. My first try ever, but I hope you will like it. It's on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gp5Vkkdvko Is it OK to post it here?
                Thank you for posting! We love all things RC! Your video presents a rather introspective view of our man. Nice job!

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                I don't mind horror. I don't care about the gore, it's just I prefer suspence I really have to get around to watching RC movies, I think I'll take a trip to the library this week
                I checked out 28 Weeks Later about a week ago and I still haven't been able to bring myself to watch it! I really hate horror films -- but it's got RC in it! I'm going to steel myself to watch it on Saturday morning -- after I've sent my son across the street to play with his friend.

I did watch Black and White tonight. RC can wear ANYTHING and look good in it!

sigpic

Comment

It's on YouTube:

Lovely vid! I have no idea what he's singing, but the visual go beautifully with the music. Bravo!
                  sigpic

Comment

Sexiest priest ever!
                    You´d want to do all kind... uhm... yeah.

It's on YouTube:

Boast away, everthing RC/Rush is welcome here. Will check the vid in a sec.

Originally posted by kansaikimono View Post
                    I did watch Black and White tonight. RC can wear ANYTHING and look good in it!

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...W_still007.jpg
                    Sexyfying the wig.
                    sigpic

Comment

It's on YouTube:

Your first time? It is really good. It seems you have a natural talent! Thanks for sharing it.

Comment

I left a comment to YT, but gotta say - it must be one of the best Rush videos out there. I didn´t understand a word of the song, but excellently chosen clips worked very well with the music.

More, please.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                          I don't mind horror. I don't care about the gore, it's just I prefer suspence

I really have to get around to watching RC movies, I think I'll take a trip to the library this week
                          I think the mini series "The Last Enemy" is the one to watch if you like suspense. You cannot tell who are good guys and who are bad, and some keep switching back and forth, especially our old friend, Mr. RC. I think it is a great program. I have watched all 5 hours a couple times, and "selected scenes" more than that.
                          Spoiler:
                          I love the scene where he blows up his homebase in the warehouse and just walks away (standing tall and not looking back) and jokes. So cool. And the scene in the cemetary where they are digging up the body, and....the last scene on the boat. That surprised me.

Comment

Updates the must-see RC movies/series list.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                              Updates the must-see RC movies/series list.
                              Thanks

The pic from Black & White makes me think what Talent Shows would look like on Destiny
                              "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                              "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
                                The pic from Black & White makes me think what Talent Shows would look like on Destiny
                                I want to see Christmas on the Destiny. Would Rush get lots of presents?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X