No announcement yet.

Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frega, be careful not to spoil anything for those who haven't seen "Malice" yet.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
      Frega, be careful not to spoil anything for those who haven't seen "Malice" yet.
      Sorry, I put Quotes instead of Spoilers tags. I realized it as soon as I posted and fixed it. Apologies if anyone else read it.

Comment

Originally posted by Frega View Post
        Sorry, I put Quotes instead of Spoilers tags. I realized it as soon as I posted and fixed it. Apologies if anyone else read it.
        No worries, it's fixed now.
        sigpic

Comment

*joins thread!hug*

David Blue is their son?
          Oh you didn't know? xp

Comment

Originally posted by Eri8321317 View Post
            Oh you didn't know? xp
            No, I must've missed something.
            sigpic

Comment

No, I must've missed something.
              Did you see just how much *fun* Bobby had with Louis though during that interview? I never really *shipped* Rush with Young, but after seeing the pair on Innerspace, it got the wheels in my mind kind of turning. Which is sometimes bad, cause it's sometimes dirty but heh. It's nice to see how buddy/buddy they are though.

How you been Egle? Been so busy myself, it seems it's been ages since I've checked in with the thread.

Comment

Hi,

somebody here?

Something for the hands-shipping?

(omg, everything has changed, even the photobucket page looks different in between! Looks like I haven't been there for a while now . Too much to do..., and I'll be off-world for 10 days starting not before Monday)
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
                  Hi,

somebody here?

Something for the hands-shipping?
                  http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/x.../Summer108.jpg

(omg, everything has changed, even the photobucket page looks different in between! Looks like I haven't been there for a while now . Too much to do..., and I'll be off-world for 10 days starting not before Monday)
                  That man has some lovely hands.

Didn't even know Photobucket has changed. I stopped using that ages ago.

And aww, you'll be gone. *hugs* We'll miss ya while you're off-world. I have an off-world trip coming up around Christmas, but probably will get plenty of chances to check in with everyone. Have fun wherever you're going.

Comment

Did you see just how much *fun* Bobby had with Louis though during that interview? I never really *shipped* Rush with Young, but after seeing the pair on Innerspace, it got the wheels in my mind kind of turning. Which is sometimes bad, cause it's sometimes dirty but heh. It's nice to see how buddy/buddy they are though.
                    I merely laughed my... behind off.
                    How you been Egle? Been so busy myself, it seems it's been ages since I've checked in with the thread.
                    I'm good, all is good. You?
                    sigpic

Comment

I merely laughed my... behind off.
                      I'm good, all is good. You?
                      I was laughing too. My mom came in a few times to see if I was okay, because I was just enjoying watching them so much.

I've been good. Busy at work with the holidays and all. Then will be visiting my grandmother's for Christmas. She's not doing so good, so we're going up there to kind of...evaluate how bad off she is. So, it's kind of a pleasant visit, because some family I haven't seen in years are coming down to visit as well (and it's so beautiful where she lives in the mountains), but then...kind of not pleasant, considering how bad she is. She's not ill, but she does have some concerning problems we have to look into. But other than that, I can't really complain.

Comment

That man has some lovely hands.

Didn't even know Photobucket has changed. I stopped using that ages ago.

And aww, you'll be gone. *hugs* We'll miss ya while you're off-world. I have an off-world trip coming up around Christmas, but probably will get plenty of chances to check in with everyone. Have fun wherever you're going.
                        Just saw 5 minutes ago that it'd changed the layout, I only use it for the photos I've here on GW.

I'll miss the last 2 episodes of this 1/2 season (but will hopeful see them later, after I'm back), but reall the thought allone give me withdrawal symptoms , I'd so much want to see it right now.

"Malice" was kinda heartbreaking, wasn't it?
                        sigpic

Comment

*huggles everyone*

Is only Friday

I needs SGU now!!
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
                            Just saw 5 minutes ago that it'd changed the layout, I only use it for the photos I've here on GW.

I'll miss the last 2 episodes of this 1/2 season (but will hopeful see them later, after I'm back), but reall the thought allone give me withdrawal symptoms , I'd so much want to see it right now.

"Malice" was kinda heartbreaking, wasn't it?
                            Putting this in spoiler tags, cause I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't seen Malice yet.
                            Spoiler:
                            Malice was definitely one of those heartbreaking and revelation episodes for Rush. Heart breaking, because he had to go through the pain of losing someone he loved-yet again, and through the guilt. We all could see it in his face, and he did indeed voice, that he felt responsible. Felt if he hadn't brought her on board, then she would still be alive. Even seen others on another thread saying he had this coming because of the fact that he kept the Bridge a secret. Which, I disagree. Sure, Nick did keep the Bridge a secret, but I believe for good reason. Sure, he didn't know how to run Destiny any better than anyone else. But considering the people and the circumstances, he's the most experienced one to try and figure out how Destiny operates, and how to do this and that, before letting anyone else try to help out. Because imagine if someone who just pushed a random button, did more harm than good-then what purpose did that serve for their survival, much less, getting home. Plus, he brought Amanda on board, because she was one of the only people he could trust, and knew she would be able to operate Destiny to where she could save Young and Rush. Of course, it's easier for everyone to point the finger at him. But how would the crew (fans and the show) function without their Colonel? So Rush did a HUGE thing saving Young like that as well. Rush could have been REALLY bitter, and left his behind on that ship, like Young left him on that planet. But I digress. It was a revelation for Rush, because it showed that he's not just on that ship to figure out situations and solve problems. He does have feelings, and he is human, and it showed, again, that even Nicholas Rush can be vulnerable. And it showed us that he had been slowly mending his broken heart over the loss of his wife (by accepting Amanda so easily this time around), and that he did indeed, care enough to get revenge. Sure, that revenge may come at a price later on down the line (Depending if Simeon DID have information or not), and yeah, now Nicholas Rush is a murderer. But, I think it was just. Nick had to do that to kind of get some closure, even if that closure lasted for a second. Sure, killing Simeon won't bring her back-he knew that before he killed Simeon. But in the same sense, Simeon was a big threat to everyone on board. Take the details away, Rush might have saved more lives than looking into the fact that he took one. And I believe him trying to cope with Amanda's loss will bring some very deep emotions up for Rush later in the series, and will make him want that drive to continue the mission and find out what awaits them in the end that much more passionately, because Amanda wanted him to succeed and continue on as well. So for her, he'll definitely do that.

Phew! I could talk Nicholas Rush theories until the universe explodes LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                              *huggles everyone*

Is only Friday

I needs SGU now!!
                              *huggles* I do too. I just hope we get a Season 3, so SGU can continue. I have no idea how I'd be able to function thinking this show wouldn't continue anymore. *Won't even think about that*

Comment

*joins huggles*
                                only Friday

Let's hope for the best and a third season
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X