Good night!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shinnor View Post
      Yeah, she's good at advertising

And so as not to waste the post:

http://images.movieplayer.it/2009/10...rse-134869.jpg
      Hmm, yeah, that looks hot!

Ok, gals, time for me to fall into my bed, to all of you, have a nice evening!

sigpic

Comment

@ Cairistiona and Artemis-Neith: Good night and sweet RC dreams!

sigpic

This ship was named "Destiny" for a reason (c)

Comment

*stares at all RC pics* All the yumminess

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
          The warning is supposed to go before the picture

It brings back good memories

There's nothing special there, but looking at all those beauties makes me melt and slide down... The colleagues are looking at me somewhat strange, what does it mean?
          Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
          Sometimes, when I'm confronted with so much nice pics I just fall of my chair. I think we talked about using a seat-belt some pages earlier.
          *giggles*

*hands cushions and pillows*

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
          Just had an intriguing thought, what about testing the showers on Destiny, I'm sure there's a lot of place for Rush, and us (everybody else out) *whistle*
          I like the way you think!

Some of us still hope to see

Rush shower scene

in season 2.

Speaking of showers, I'm going to hit one. See ya.
          Aye,

SHOWER SCENE!

When will we see that?
          I hope at least once every episode of season 2?
          That would be awesome!!!

Eh, that's too much to aks for. Still, one can always hope

By the way am I the only one who's hurt by the fact we don't have ANY Kino-episode with Rush?
          I know, I'm hoping Rush shows up in at least one
          sigpic
          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
            I know, I'm hoping Rush shows up in at least one
            Yeah, my friend and I once spent the better part of my night shift discussing what would Nicky do if he noticed a Kino while taking shower
            sigpic

Comment

Sixty-seven posts and 24 hours later:

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
              Time ago I ordered a DVD but did not receive it because it was out of stock. I had even forgotten to have placed that order. Today I had it finally in my mailbox: it is "Angela's Ashes" with Robert Carlyle Look forward to watch it .... Just wanted to share
              You'll enjoy it. IMO it's better than the book. Book is sooooo depressing, but RC's performance dispels the gloom. In an interview (BAFTA one, I think), RC explains that the one thing he learned about the father is how much everyone loved him. Consequently, your heart really goes out to the man.

I don't think, you're wrong, with the realisation, that he was more affected by the time he was captured by the aliens, than he thought he might be, and that he loose completely control over his actions, and injured Wray, and nearly some other people is surely a more serious result of this time, but why do you think he's at that time not able to feel guilt? He's shown feelings before, like in the scene with Chloe, after her father dies, or when Franklin got injured in the chair (the look in his face shows, that he was not happy about what happened), or the scene where he take Franklins hands to reach him to sit in the chair again. I don't think that he "played" those feelings to mislead the other people. I think, he's able to feel guilty, the question is, do he want to go in this more serious? That's something else. For me the scenes show more guilt than concern about himself.
              Oh, I definitely believe he feels guilty. What I think is that he suppresses the guilt. That's what I mean when I say he won't let it "touch his conscience." Remember how he handled his caffeine attack? Afterwards, in the shuttle, he won't even properly apologize - he just makes an excuse. He definitely has mellowed aboard Destiny and I think he's realizing it himself. That's what I believe he's thinking about in that scene: that he recognizes a turning point in himself and that whereas before he had always been able to control his emotions, now it's not so simple.

As for RC's acting, I think there's another aspect of it worth noting: almost all his characters go through really rough times, they often suffer due to their own faults or the situation they're in. Such characters demand outstanding acting skills, and the level of angst just makes them shine out even more prominently.
              Definitely RC is a consummate actor. In one of the behind-the-scenes videos of Formula 51, Samuel Jackson expresses how much he admires RC's ability to really flesh out a character and get into it so fully. But I would add something to this: watch male actors and how they touch women. Some men practically knock a woman over when they touch her on the arm, and others nearly send her toppling when they pull her in close. And then there's the man who rubs a woman's back, but he might as well be washing the dog. He has no grace.

Now watch RC. I don't care which movie. In each, he exhibits the same sensitivity and grace and subtle touch. I was watching excerpts from Human Trafficking the other night. When he is looking over the new arrivals, his touch is as light as a feather, but he gives the impression of being rough with them.

I just think that there are innate characteristics within people that even the best of acting can't hide. With RC, it's his touch and his humanity (which we see in his eyes). That's why he can play the meanest, cruelest character and yet we still love him. He can't hide the good person that he is at heart.
              sigpic

Comment

Nice banner Kansaikimono
                Oh good, just a few hours away and here in the forum is thunk overload, OMG *stare at all pics and drop dead*
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kansaikimono View Post
                  But I would add something to this: watch male actors and how they touch women.
                  Not only women, I should say having seen "The Priest" And yes, there is that sense of gentle touch about his hands, maybe it's because they're so elegant.

And following the idea of grace, it just baffles me how he developed that kind of behaviour given the surroundings he was raised in.
                  sigpic

Comment

Before I die a few last pics.

sigpic

Comment

Death of thunk is the best death there is
                      sigpic

Comment

Death of thunk is the best death there is
                        http://img.dailymail.co.uk/img/pix/r...02_450x403.jpg
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

My shift is over, so just to say goodbye

sigpic

Comment

My shift is over, so just to say goodbye

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/C...ARLYLE_B-GR_01
                            Just get back from the dead and seeing such a cool new photo! Where did that come from? I think I need a medic after all the great things on the thread today !
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
                              Just get back from the dead and seeing such a cool new photo! Where did that come from? I think I need a medic after all the great things on the thread today !
                              Right click on a photo and hit PROPERTIES. The window that opens will often tell you the source of the photo. I had the same question as you. Apparently this was taken at the Vancouver International Airport when he returned to Canada to begin filming/taping SGU again.

See the following: http://www.zimbio.com/Robert+Carlyle

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
                              Nice banner Kansaikimono
                              Thanks! Made it in Photobucket since I haven't a program that can otherwise make these collages.
                              Last edited by kansaikimono; 10 September 2010, 06:45 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kansaikimono View Post
                                Right click on a photo and hit PROPERTIES. The window that opens will often tell you the source of the photo. I had the same question as you. Apparently this was taken at the Vancouver International Airport when he returned to Canada to begin filming/taping SGU again.

See the following: http://www.zimbio.com/Robert+Carlyle
                                Thanks for the link!

Thanks! Made it in Photobucket since I haven't a program that can otherwise make these collages.
                                I like it!!
                                If you ever want to get a free program that lets you do collages, I recommend GIMP
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X