• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go with you

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
      I have a few Face stills here It's my favourite RC movie, one of my favourite movies of all time and Ray is my favourite RC character. If I were playing "desert island movies" with Eli, it would be there.
      I like the character of Ray and I don't think there's anyone else who could play it as well as RC does. When I was looking for a Face photo to post, I found a short review by someone who felt that RC was miscast because he is too sensitive an actor and appeared always to be about to cry. Heck! I think that's the very reason why he suits the role.

Spoiler:
      The scenes in which he told Connie how he felt about her complimented his relationships with the men, especially Steve, because they demonstrate that Ray is at heart a very compassionate man. It's even evident when he shoots David. There's a sense of regret, but one that's coupled with responsibility and a need for simple, transparent justice. I think David even understood that.

And I REALLY like the scene when he had to ask his mom for money. That was poignant! Add to that also his reaction when he saw Bill and Linda dead. How many heroes would react by grieving as he did?

But at the end of the movie, do you believe that everything really will be all right?

Originally posted by Shinnor View Post
      By God, I do adore his long hair! *tries hard not to faint*
      My favorite hairstyle is the one he sports in The Full Monty. I like the highlights and it's not too long and not too short. RC's hair is thin enough that sometimes the length just comes across as straggly. My husband wears his the same way. Unfortunately, he can't grow a beard as nice as RC's. Too much Native American in him!

Originally posted by Eri8321317 View Post
      I'm a receptionist for an attorney, who practices Family Law, Criminal Law, Personal Injuries and Bankruptcies.
      Where within Louisiana do you live? My husband is from New Orleans.

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
      Health care, I want to be a bioanalyst in the future. My latest fav piccie.
      What does a bioanalyst do? (Great photo!)

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
      I work with horses, so I don't have internet at work
      What kind of work do you do with horses?

Still wondering why this scene was cut out, though.
      Isn't this photo from "Faith?" In the show, he lies down on the bed facing away from the camera, so I just figured this was a publicity shot done deliberately different so they could have a shot with him open towards the camera.

I've only been in my current job for a couple of years and I teach kids of all ages, so it's not too overwhelming yet. Just a huge number of classes.

Some of them were from the original version of the site, some are caps I took, but the rest I just searched and searched and snurched. Some good snurching add-ons for Firefox helps
      I taught literature and all its related subjects (Forensics, Drama, Yearbook, Photography, TV Production, Creative Writing, etc.) and levels (IB, AP, Sp Ed, Honors, etc.) to grades 7-12 over the years. I met my husband while teaching. He's also an English teacher and this is his 32nd year of teaching! Do you teach literature or EFL? Aren't you in Australia? What's the school system like? Is it the same as what's in England with A levels and the like?

Have you ever taught World Literature? If so, consider using the works of Joseph Campbell. When you examine the hero's quest and the archetypes, Stargate fits in so beautifully! When I used it the last time, it was really hard not to keep mentioning SG over and over again! It was made more difficult because most of my students have never been big sci-fi fans and didn't know SG to begin with. Can you imagine?!

I'll have to try Firefox! Thanks!

And is there something in the water? Do you realize that we've made more than a 100 posts in less than 24 hours?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kansaikimono View Post
        And is there something in the water? Do you realize that we've made more than a 100 posts in less than 24 hours?
        There's RC all over this place. He makes us strong
        sigpic

This ship was named "Destiny" for a reason (c)

Comment

There's RC all over this place. He makes us strong
          http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/m/s...le_1739953.jpg
          I agree, all the pretty RC pics made us really chatty
          sigpic
          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Where within Louisiana do you live? My husband is from New Orleans.
            Oh wow, really? That's awesome. I live maybe an hour or so away from New Orleans, in a little town called "Prairieville"

Comment

@ all: my shift is over, time to go home. It's been really nice talking to you!
              sigpic

This ship was named "Destiny" for a reason (c)

Comment

Originally posted by Eri8321317 View Post
                Oh wow, really? That's awesome. I live maybe an hour or so away from New Orleans, in a little town called "Prairieville"
                He knows of it. Says he thinks it's to the northwest as you head up to Baton Rouge?

@ all: my shift is over, time to go home. It's been really nice talking to you!
                Good night! Sweet RC dreams!
                sigpic

Comment

He knows of it. Says he thinks it's to the northwest as you head up to Baton Rouge?
                  He would be correct, I'm like 15 or so minutes away from Baton Rouge (or the Mall of Louisiana, if you will)

Comment

Sorry for disappearing without saying goodnight! Family drama

I like the character of Ray and I don't think there's anyone else who could play it as well as RC does. When I was looking for a Face photo to post, I found a short review by someone who felt that RC was miscast because he is too sensitive an actor and appeared always to be about to cry. Heck! I think that's the very reason why he suits the role.

Spoiler:
                    The scenes in which he told Connie how he felt about her complimented his relationships with the men, especially Steve, because they demonstrate that Ray is at heart a very compassionate man. It's even evident when he shoots David. There's a sense of regret, but one that's coupled with responsibility and a need for simple, transparent justice. I think David even understood that.

And I REALLY like the scene when he had to ask his mom for money. That was poignant! Add to that also his reaction when he saw Bill and Linda dead. How many heroes would react by grieving as he did?

But at the end of the movie, do you believe that everything really will be all right?
                    ITA. RC is absolutely perfect for Ray because of his sensitivity!
                    Spoiler:
                    His relationships with the people outside the gang are in stark contrast to his professional face, which is what makes him such a complex character. Especially his need to care for Stevie, which is quite heartbreaking. I also loved when he apologised to his Mum.

I appreciate the lack of closure at the end - I'd like to think that they find their way safely to a new life, but I'm an optimist. If you haven't read Ellie's fic about that, you should. It's excellent!

I taught literature and all its related subjects (Forensics, Drama, Yearbook, Photography, TV Production, Creative Writing, etc.) and levels (IB, AP, Sp Ed, Honors, etc.) to grades 7-12 over the years. I met my husband while teaching. He's also an English teacher and this is his 32nd year of teaching! Do you teach literature or EFL? Aren't you in Australia? What's the school system like? Is it the same as what's in England with A levels and the like?
                    I teach EFL at a private English language school - I'm Australian, but I live in Geneva, Switzerland. The kids here study English at school, but there are loads of families who want them to do more so we start from 2 1/2 year olds and teach them right up to the Cambridge Certificate levels as teens.

Hair... I don't think he's ever had a hairstyle that I have disliked, but when he was younger he looked absolutely gorgeous with really short hair.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
                      If you're in Germany (I think you are, aren't you?) be careful with the films fro Amazon. Especially with "Face", I accidentally bought a german version only, but I saw it too late, grrrh, the film was still good, but half of the fun was gone. In between I look twice before I buy any film here.
                      Yes, I am. But I'll buy them at amazon uk, even with the postage it's cheaper. I've bought 'Hamish' and 'Doctor Who' there too.
                      sigpic

Comment

@ kansaikimono:
                        Beside of lots of other work in the stables I make physiotherapy for horses. You can see it here, only in German, but there's a diashow where you can see a bit of my work:
                        http://physio-fuers-pferd.de/
                        sigpic

Comment

I'll have to see if I can get my tape of Safe from Australia and have it converted for sharing... could take a while. He didn't have a big part but was amazing in it!
                          I'll pick it up for you ...

I wouldn't called Ravenous "horror" in the same way as 28 Week Later... it's more a Western with horror themes.
                          Ravenous isn't a horror film; it's a black comedy.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                            I'll pick it up for you ...
                            If I can convince my sister to brave the spiders in my mother's garage to search for it, I'll let you know.
                            sigpic

Comment

If I can convince my sister to brave the spiders in my mother's garage to search for it, I'll let you know.
                              It can have a holiday at my place.

Comment

He received an honorary doctorate in 2002 for services to drama. More pics and details are here
                                Thanks for the information - already kwew that site but had no idea that it was yours. Great website! http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/icon14.gif

and here other pics:

http://a69.g.akamai.net/n/69/10688/v...8/19118782.jpg

wish you a all a nice weekend!

ps has anyone an idea if this movie can be found anywhere:
                                Grimm returns October 24
                                sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                                Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Working...
                                X