No announcement yet.

Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well here's that Food Bank one I did for class. Not satisfied, but I did manage to turn it into a "Rush" centric poster.

So who's gonna donate?

EDIT: And how the heck do you make thumbnails?

EDIT2: Oh yeah... while staring at the skull picture, does anyone think Rush kept his own skull? I mean, what did they do with those remains?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Rush-Fan View Post
      Not quite on his back, but who can resist Rush in a wet suit.
      Even Chloe fell for him after this!

Originally posted by ONeill4tW View Post
      [URL="http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/193/7/e/Save_Rush_by_Barbossamonkey.jpg"]

Well here's that Food Bank one I did for class. Not satisfied, but I did manage to turn it into a "Rush" centric poster.

So who's gonna donate?

EDIT2: Oh yeah... while staring at the skull picture, does anyone think Rush kept his own skull? I mean, what did they do with those remains?
      I'm so glad you posted this! I was thinking about your project just yesterday and wondered how it was coming along. It reminds me of a page from a graphic novel. You've even got the font choice down. Good job! Did you enjoy making it?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kansaikimono View Post

I'm so glad you posted this! I was thinking about your project just yesterday and wondered how it was coming along. It reminds me of a page from a graphic novel. You've even got the font choice down. Good job! Did you enjoy making it?
        At first no, but once I got the idea to make it into a comic page then it became more entertaining and fun.

Comment

Hi everyone, Newbie lurker here.

*Don't Mind Me*
          Just stalking ES and her crazy artwork.

And Lahela, I just have to say I LOVE your sig!
          sigpic

Comment

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/193/7/e/Save_Rush_by_Barbossamonkey.jpg

So who's gonna donate?

Haha! I love it!

There's a thumbnail link on PB, if it's uploaded there. Just selected it and click the "get html" button.

I would have kept the skull. Creepy, but fascinating.

Originally posted by polomare View Post

*Don't Mind Me*

Welcome, and thank you!
            sigpic

Comment

Wow, all these nice pics. Just came by for a quick look and now I can' stop smilling. Thanks to you all! I should start to discover how I can post pictures myself.
              sigpic

Comment

*Don't Mind Me*

Who's stalking whom
                Last edited by es!; 13 July 2010, 04:51 AM.
                "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Welcome Polomare and Cairistiona.

ONeill4tW - Love the poster!

sigpic

Comment

Hi to all Newbies here

And some material for the scavenger hunt

sigpic

Comment

Couple more pictures...

I never did care for Rush's wife. Not sure why. But I loved this opening scene of him in bed. I think it's the eyes.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
                        Hi to all Newbies here

And some material for the scavenger hunt
                        YOWSA! You must've dug deep for these photos! He's so young! I can't place these at all. From which movies/TV shows are they from?

I think you have scored bonus points for digging up the most obscure pictures!

*Don't Mind Me*

Yeah, another Floridian!
                        Welcome to this thread!

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                        Wow, all these nice pics. Just came by for a quick look and now I can' stop smilling. Thanks to you all! I should start to discover how I can post pictures myself.
                        And welcome to you, too. We love pictures, so pour it on.

Originally posted by Jackson-Rush-Fan View Post
                        Couple more pictures... I never did care for Rush's wife. Not sure why. But I loved this opening scene of him in bed. I think it's the eyes.
                        It's definitely the eyes. I firmly believe that RC's ability to act through his eyes is one of the reasons he's such a great performer. I'm very critical of actors. Are they waiting to deliver a line or are they actually responding to another person? Can they convince me that they're someone else, through voice, body language, and EYES? If the eyes lose me, I'm turned off by the performance.
                        Last edited by kansaikimono; 13 July 2010, 10:02 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/193/7/e/Save_Rush_by_Barbossamonkey.jpg
                          I love it!

I think so. Pretty creepy, isn't it.

Welcome!

*jumps up and down because VMs are working again*
                          sigpic

Comment

YOWSA! You must've dug deep for these photos! He's so young! I can't place these at all. From which movies/TV shows are they from?

I think you have scored bonus points for digging up the most obscure pictures!

Yeah, another Floridian!
                            Welcome to this thread!

And welcome to you, too. We love pictures, so pour it on.

It's definitely the eyes. I firmly believe that RC's ability to act through his eyes is one of the reasons he's such a great performer. I'm very critical of actors. Are they waiting to deliver a line or are they actually responding to another person? Can they convince me that they're someone else, through voice, body language, and EYES? If the eyes lose me, I'm turned off by the performance.
                            Thanks

If you know the mini series "Looking After Jojo", 4 parts (ca. 50 min. each, GB 1997), it's easy to find, but I must admit, it is not easy to get. An official way exist, but keep in mind it's not for persons above 18 (GB), -- those of you, who hope for some "interesting" scenes - the rating is not for that, the episodes contains some graphic violent scenes. So, if you're younger, just wait some years, before you try to watch it. The series is good, I like it, but it's also definitely adult stuff.

Concerning the beautiful pictures from Jackson-Rush-Fan , in this scene it's all about the eyes, no question. Carlyle knows how to use his whole personality, including all body-parts, to express precise what he what to. That's a good example for his skills.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
                              If you know the mini series "Looking After Jojo", 4 parts (ca. 50 min. each, GB 1997), it's easy to find, but I must admit, it is not easy to get. An official way exist, but keep in mind it's not for persons above 18 (GB), -- those of you, who hope for some "interesting" scenes - the rating is not for that, the episodes contains some graphic violent scenes. So, if you're younger, just wait some years, before you try to watch it. The series is good, I like it, but it's also definitely adult stuff.
                              Found it! HAPPY! HAPPY! HAPPY! After my son goes to bed, I'm planting myself down to watch this! Maybe someone I know at the library can find a DVD copy. She's pretty good at locating hard to find items.
                              sigpic

Comment

Found it! HAPPY! HAPPY! HAPPY! After my son goes to bed, I'm planting myself down to watch this! Maybe someone I know at the library can find a DVD copy. She's pretty good at locating hard to find items.
                                It was never released on DVD as far as I can tell. I bought a VHS tape off Ebay.

Comment

Working...
                                X