Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing icons Luciana!

I wish there was someone prominent for Rush to be shipped with......

Comment

Love the icons, Luciana. I work in photoshop a lot too, but most of the time I'm doing digital art, so I don't have all the neat photo manip tricks down. How do you do the colorization exactly?

LadyPred: I see your point, and agree. I can't understand what's going on in Eli's mind. It's like he just stopped thinking about it all after the first few episodes. He accepted the parameters that Young was the 'good guy' and Rush the 'bad guy' and can't seem to modify that thinking, despite the evidence he's presented with. I'd like an Eli-centric episode just so we can see him actually give away a bit of what's going on in that brain.

Comment

Love the icons Luciana!!

Oh, I like Greer too kus
        sigpic
        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
          Amazing icons Luciana!
          They're gorgeous!

I wish there was someone prominent for Rush to be shipped with......
          *cough* TJ *cough*

It's very rare for me to have a ship preference. I didn't do it in SG-1 and positively loathed attempts by fans at shipping Sheppard in SGA (always too emotionally stunted to have a relationship was Sheppard) and indeed hated all the other ships in SGA. The only ship I've ever floated was Brendan and Freya and Thoughtcrimes but I can actually see Rush and TJ. Don't know why, just do.

Originally posted by ladypredator View Post
          We're still doing Spoilers for "Divided" and "Faith" correct? So...
          Spoiler:

Interesting, because I'm getting more and more annoyed with Eli. He's been an absolute jerk in the last few episodes. And what kind of person accepts deliberately marooning someone to die - an outright murder attempt - and just turns a blind eye and accepts it as ok? He knew, he had to know - that was obvious. And yet he continues to do whatever Young tells him to do with no regard for the consequences. Rush may have made a power-play - though it was one that put someone other than Rush himself in power - but that's not an excuse for murdering him. Nothing is. Eli's complicit in that and everything that happens afterwards.

And referring to his fellow scientistis and civilians as "these people" in such a nasty tone of voice in "Divided" what was that? They had some pretty good reasons to be scared and angry towards Young and the military and Eli knows that better than anyone else. The way he spoke to Chloe in that conversation - if I were her, I'd have been furious.

He wastes everyone's time with his silly movie references - you can see how annoyed they all were in "Faith." It's not funny any more.

And all that spying on people - doesn't it even occur to him that that is wrong?!

Basically, unless something radically changes, Eli's dropping into my most-disliked character position.

I don't like Young, furious with what he did to Rush, but he has his moments. Or maybe it's just that I get a chuckle out of his utterly failed attempts to try to understand Rush, which he just can't do for the life of him. But some of those ridiculously paranoid accusations of his are so over-the-top that they're actually funny in a weird sort of way.
          Not in spoiler tags due to there being no spoilers (LadyP's post does have spoilers):

Precisely the way I feel about Eli, although I think that the pop culture references are becoming the sly joke of SGU. Everytime he comes out with one they just stare at him and let's face it, they would have to get at least one every now and again surely?

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post

*cough* TJ *cough*

It's very rare for me to have a ship preference. I didn't do it in SG-1 and positively loathed attempts by fans at shipping Sheppard in SGA (always too emotionally stunted to have a relationship was Sheppard) and indeed hated all the other ships in SGA. The only ship I've ever floated was Brendan and Freya and Thoughtcrimes but I can actually see Rush and TJ. Don't know why, just do.
            I could see him a little bit with TJ, or even a little bit with Chloe, but I bet the writers will keep him at arms length involving that sort of relationship with anyone for quite awhile. I think they will work on having him build a friendship first even if it ends up being a warped one. But I do hope I'm wrong!

Maybe Destiny will even pick up some new passengers as the seasons continue?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
              I could see him a little bit with TJ, or even a little bit with Chloe, but I bet the writers will keep him at arms length involving that sort of relationship with anyone for quite awhile. I think they will work on having him build a friendship first even if it ends up being a warped one. But I do hope I'm wrong!

Maybe Destiny will even pick up some new passengers as the seasons continue?
              Oh, nothing actually happens in my stories. Hell, I've written a couple of stories after when they arrive back and nothing's happened except some tragic looks on both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Daro View Post
                LadyPred: I see your point, and agree. I can't understand what's going on in Eli's mind. It's like he just stopped thinking about it all after the first few episodes. He accepted the parameters that Young was the 'good guy' and Rush the 'bad guy' and can't seem to modify that thinking, despite the evidence he's presented with. I'd like an Eli-centric episode just so we can see him actually give away a bit of what's going on in that brain.
                It would be really good to find out how he manages to excuse Young's murder attempt in his own head. An attempt to transfer power from Young to Wray is just not an acceptable justification for killing someone.

I do think Eli was angry at Rush for being told to grow up in Water, but he was truly acting extremely childishly and foolishly in that episode. And Young was good at manipulating Eli who really is very immature and seeking approval. Rush just doesn't do that well. He's too demanding -- of course, what Eli misses is that Rush is even more demanding of himself than he is of anyone else.

Eli's extremely immature and he's, unfortunately, not growing up.

I am still somewhat shocked that Eli goes along with all the spying on people, esp. Young's constant surveillance of Rush, even after everything that happened at the end of Justice and during Space. Rush saved Chloe's life and Eli thinks it's ok to go back to helping Young spy on him? How does he excuse that to himself or does he even think about it all?

OK, maybe I'm getting off topic here...

So... Can I just say that I loved the 'sneak peek' at "Human."

Spoiler:
                Watching Rush reduce Daniel Jackson to speechless shock was priceless. Lesson - do NOT underestimate Nicholas Rush. Period.

Also, I need something new of RC's to watch because I think I'm wearing some of my favorite DVDs out.

And additionally off topic, my Predators are in the middle of a playoff series, so just for me...Go Preds! (you can ignore this).

Comment

Piccie from S2's Intervention posted on Twitpic:
                  Spoiler:
                  Last edited by EllieVee; 20 April 2010, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ladypredator View Post
                    It would be really good to find out how he manages to excuse Young's murder attempt in his own head. An attempt to transfer power from Young to Wray is just not an acceptable justification for killing someone.

I do think Eli was angry at Rush for being told to grow up in Water, but he was truly acting extremely childishly and foolishly in that episode. And Young was good at manipulating Eli who really is very immature and seeking approval. Rush just doesn't do that well. He's too demanding -- of course, what Eli misses is that Rush is even more demanding of himself than he is of anyone else.

Eli's extremely immature and he's, unfortunately, not growing up.

I am still somewhat shocked that Eli goes along with all the spying on people, esp. Young's constant surveillance of Rush, even after everything that happened at the end of Justice and during Space. Rush saved Chloe's life and Eli thinks it's ok to go back to helping Young spy on him? How does he excuse that to himself or does he even think about it all?

OK, maybe I'm getting off topic here...

So... Can I just say that I loved the 'sneak peek' at "Human."

Spoiler:
                    Watching Rush reduce Daniel Jackson to speechless shock was priceless. Lesson - do NOT underestimate Nicholas Rush. Period.

Also, I need something new of RC's to watch because I think I'm wearing some of my favorite DVDs out.

And additionally off topic, my Predators are in the middle of a playoff series, so just for me...Go Preds! (you can ignore this).
                    Yes, it's amazing how ungrateful Eli is for the fact that Rush saved Chloe's life. Chloe is Eli's best friend, and he wants her to be more. We need to get in this kid's head; he's harder to figure out than Rush these days.

Spoiler:
                    That clip is awesome...one wonders how exactly Rush already knew about the stargate program, eh?

Ellie, I see nooothing. ;_;

Comment

Yes, it's amazing how ungrateful Eli is for the fact that Rush saved Chloe's life. Chloe is Eli's best friend, and he wants her to be more. We need to get in this kid's head; he's harder to figure out than Rush these days.

Spoiler:
                      That clip is awesome...one wonders how exactly Rush already knew about the stargate program, eh?

Ellie, I see nooothing. ;_;
                      Fixed. Don't know why it didn't work before.

Poll: http://bit.ly/953qeg

Daro, take a look at the Human thread. PG15's just posted a terrific spoiler that may explain much.

Comment

Thanks for the tip Ellie! *goes off to check it out*

Edit: Ok, that does explain it!
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Wow, that spoiler is terrific and does go a long way to explain things. Now it seems more likely that
                          Spoiler:
                          we'll not only get some of Rush's backstory, but we'll actually get a window into how his mind works. Why isn't it Friday yet?!

Comment

Wow, that spoiler is terrific and does go a long way to explain things. Now it seems more likely that
                            Spoiler:
                            we'll not only get some of Rush's backstory, but we'll actually get a window into how his mind works. Why isn't it Friday yet?!
                            Looks pretty bloody good from my seat.

Comment

Looks pretty bloody good from my seat.
                              eeeeee! I'm really excited!

And can I just say how weirdly happy it makes me this thread is at least double the length of any other SGU character's thread. That is some dedication.
                              sigpic

Comment

Piccie from S2's Intervention posted on Twitpic:
                                Spoiler:
                                I can see nothing
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X