X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post

I'm a little dissapointed though cuz I wish

Spoiler:
    there was someone there permanently to throw a wrench into Rush's life and not just a once/few time connection through the stones!
    Know what I mean?
    It would be definitely interesting. Rush is so guarded. It would be nice if he had someone from Destiny. I think it would definitely heat the atmosphere if it was TJ. She would be completely in the middle between Rush and Young. Can you imagine the animosity between them?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Soledat View Post
      It would be definitely interesting. Rush is so guarded. It would be nice if he had someone from Destiny. I think it would definitely heat the atmosphere if it was TJ. She would be completely in the middle between Rush and Young. Can you imagine the animosity between them?
      Guarded is definitely the right word.
      Spoiler:
      It would be so cool to see Rush deal with feelings for someone on that level, while trying to maintain his cool posterior. I think the duality of it would make for some really intense scenes for him.

That would cause humungo problems if TJ had feelings for Rush. But I think they are definitely leaning on the Young/TJ side, at least for now.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
        Guarded is definitely the right word.
        Spoiler:
        It would be so cool to see Rush deal with feelings for someone on that level, while trying to maintain his cool posterior. I think the duality of it would make for some really intense scenes for him.

That would cause humungo problems if TJ had feelings for Rush. But I think they are definitely leaning on the Young/TJ side, at least for now.
        I believe that his recent experiences made him more more withdrawn than he was earlier. I don't think that he'll start to be afraid of his own shadow, he seems to made of steel if it comes to keeping his calm manner in difficult situations. However I believe that he wouldn't open easily and surely any kind of relationship would be hard from his side. I don't mean physical activities ;P I mean emotional involvement.
        Look at his situation now - he's hated by many people, especially those loyal to Young. He's not trusting; he's snarky and insufferable. It's hard for me to imagine him in any kind of working relationship right now.

Adding anyone from Destiny to his unsocial misery would be definitely great plot twist. What is more - it would give us more Rush and some good material for fanfiction As I said before - TJ would set both Rush and Young on fire.

Spoiler:
        You're right about leaning to Young/TJ right now. For me - it's pointless. I can't see sparkles flying and I can only feel sorry for Tamara for being involved with such an *******. It was clearly visible that Rush was a good partner for his wife.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ladypredator View Post
          *g* I'd say I'm sorry, but... not really. Still, I can wait. Your writing is good enough to wait for.
          But seriously, you've had, what, three? stories out since Space/Divided and I've had nary a one. Yes, sure, I've had a visitor (who didn't want to leave cos she doesn't have cable) and a dog who didn't cope very well with an intruder in the house but that's no excuse ...

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
          Totally love this goofy face pic.
          He's so funny.

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
          Yep that's David...way too less of him in that movie. And I love Alan Rickman...especially as Snape but most as Col. Brandon in Sense and Sensibility. Anyways. *coughs*

I use that one. Made it some time ago. Could make some new wallis I think.
          I had David Tennant squick for a long time due to his episode of The Bill so not so fond of Barty Crouch but totally fell in love with him in Doctor Who. I've adored Alan Rickman since Die Hard. Luciana, that's an amazing wallpaper.

And Alan Rickman is a good actor, just he was too old for Snape in my opinion. He was at least twenty years older... I've heard rumours that Robert Carlyle was supposed to play Snape but he refused.
          Really? I hadn't heard that. I thought Alan Rickman was perfect for Snape. My favourite HP film was the second one with Rickman, Ken Branagh, and Jason Isaacs (another actor whom I've adored for a long time).

Well, as everyone knows I ship Rush and TJ. I think Chloe is too young and really, there's no one else that's in any way his equal. TJ's got a brain and uses it.
          Last edited by EllieVee; 13 April 2010, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Without actually looking, I think I know what you're talking about.

Spoiler:

This the cap? I think it's not Chloe, but
            Spoiler:
            someone using Wray's body via the stones in "Sabotage".
            That's it.

Spoiler:
            Yeah, you're right. It might not be Chloe. But after reading some great fanfiction from EllieV and LadyPredator, I guess I was getting my hopes up because I think they would make a good couple:

Chloe probably needs someone to lean on who knows, first hand, the terrors of being imprisoned on board the alien ship.

And Rush needs the same thing. Plus, he seems like he's a pretty lonely guy. In one of the first episodes he was sobbing and holding onto a picture of a woman (a dead wife perhaps?) so it seems like he needs somebody to help him get over the loss.

Also, Chloe recently lost her father and maybe subconsciously sees Rush (as one of the older men on the ship) as a father figure--some sort of Oedipus complex, maybe.

And by showing Rush in a relationship, maybe the PTB could show a softer side to Rush and change the opinions of some Stargate fans who feel all the SGU characters are harsh and unlikeable.

IT ALL MAKES PERFECT SENSE!!!

Of course, some people that know me think I got dropped on the head one time too many as a child. So what do I know?

I wish it was friday!

Comment

I think Rush still has to deal with his emotions about his wife before he's ready for a relationship on pretty much any level - though he certainly seemed able to give Chloe the support she needed.

Until Space/Divided, I could've seen TJ and Rush but for some reason they seem determined to push TJ with Young; doesn't work for me. The man treated her abominably - I'd be pissed at him if I were in her shoes, the way he dumped her - but I guess that's just me.

I like fanfic about it, but I can't really see Rush and Chloe romantically - though I think there's now a serious emotional link there. There's some interesting things you could imagine about the effect of the alien neural interface on their minds, among other things the aliens might have done to them.

Can't see Lisa Park. He'd have no patience for her. She's sweet, but good grief she's dumb.

Vanessa James? Well, it would be nice to see her get to actually do something interesting in the series.

Who's left? Camile is a lesbian.

But I would love to see the effect a relationship would have on Rush - and seeing him go through the process of recovering from his wife's death and moving into a relationship would be a lovely piece of character development.

Maybe TPTB will do something in the future. They've managed to surprise me a few times so far, which doesn't happen much in TV these days.

Comment

Thank you Ellie.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                  But seriously, you've had, what, three? stories out since Space/Divided and I've had nary a one. Yes, sure, I've had a visitor (who didn't want to leave cos she doesn't have cable) and a dog who didn't cope very well with an intruder in the house but that's no excuse ...
                  I just keep spilling bits and pieces out. Haven't been able to do anything of serious length or plot. I've got an idea with Rush and Chloe that could be interesting, but I don't know when that will fully materialize past a pair of scenes and a basic idea. Email me to remind me and I'll run it by you.

I LOVE David Tennant. Like Robert Carlyle, he's someone I'll watch in anything!

Well, as everyone knows I ship Rush and TJ. I think Chloe is too young and really, there's no one else that's in any way his equal. TJ's got a brain and uses it.
                  Chloe is very young, but she may be forced to grow up very fast. Still - I've liked the idea of a Rush/TJ pairing for quite a while. I think it's demeaning to her character to have her still mooning over Col. Young.

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                    ZOMG! I just read what episode comes after "Faith" - and it's "Human"! Expecting lots and lots of Rush.

Now I need to calm down a bit...
                    Human!! *dies*

Yep that's David...way too less of him in that movie. And I love Alan Rickman...especially as Snape but most as Col. Brandon in Sense and Sensibility. Anyways. *coughs*

I use that one. Made it some time ago. Could make some new wallis I think.
                    Oh I love Alan Rickman!

Thanks It looks sooo much better on the screen than on this picture. It lost colors because of my stupid camera. And oh David Tennant, wasn't he the one who played Barty Crouch?

ps. I have a beautiful, colorful drawing of Snape as a wallpaper. He does not bear any resemblance to Alan Rickman, thankfully I have a thing for rather thin guys. But our lovely Rush will be next to decorate my screen :>
                    I just need to make a decent wallpaper. Anyone volunteer?
                    I made a wallpaper for RC's birthday but I don't know if you'll like it

Yes, that's the second reason why I ship Rush and TJ

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post

He's so funny.

I had David Tennant squick for a long time due to his episode of The Bill so not so fond of Barty Crouch but totally fell in love with him in Doctor Who. I've adored Alan Rickman since Die Hard. Luciana, that's an amazing wallpaper.

Really? I hadn't heard that. I thought Alan Rickman was perfect for Snape. My favourite HP film was the second one with Rickman, Ken Branagh, and Jason Isaacs (another actor whom I've adored for a long time).

The second Harry Potter movie is my favorite too and I adore Jason Isaacs too

The bolded part is the main reason why I ship Rush and TJ
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by ladypredator View Post
                      I think Rush still has to deal with his emotions about his wife before he's ready for a relationship on pretty much any level - though he certainly seemed able to give Chloe the support she needed.
                      That's very true. But then as an academic, he's likely to have had students dump on him at some stage. I've done it to lecturers/tutors and I've had students dump on me when I was teaching. All those emotions, though he clearly was really concerned about Chloe.

Until Space/Divided, I could've seen TJ and Rush but for some reason they seem determined to push TJ with Young; doesn't work for me. The man treated her abominably - I'd be pissed at him if I were in her shoes, the way he dumped her - but I guess that's just me.
                      I can still see it. Just in that almost histronic 'digging around in his chest' bit. If she really hated him, she could have stepped back and allowed Scott to yank the transmitter out of him.

I like fanfic about it, but I can't really see Rush and Chloe romantically - though I think there's now a serious emotional link there. There's some interesting things you could imagine about the effect of the alien neural interface on their minds, among other things the aliens might have done to them.
                      Can't see them romantically either.

Can't see Lisa Park. He'd have no patience for her. She's sweet, but good grief she's dumb.
                      Have you seen that kinosode with Park and Greer?

Vanessa James? Well, it would be nice to see her get to actually do something interesting in the series.
                      Of all the women in the series, I have been disappointed in the writing of James the most. Given the brush off that Young gives her in (extended Air), you'd think she wouldn't be such a fangirl.

Who's left? Camile is a lesbian.

But I would love to see the effect a relationship would have on Rush - and seeing him go through the process of recovering from his wife's death and moving into a relationship would be a lovely piece of character development.

Maybe TPTB will do something in the future. They've managed to surprise me a few times so far, which doesn't happen much in TV these days.
                      I was hopeful they wouldn't do anything because Carlyle said that Rush wouldn't be paired up with anyone
                      Spoiler:
                      but Mallozzi did mention a potential romance to which my reaction was 'Can we not?'

Comment

I made a sig. Cause I wanted to post something special for my 16000th post.

sigpic

Comment

I CAN imagine Rush with Chloe. I just can, period

Ohhh and about RC and Harry Potter:

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlf...-harry-potter-

But I swear that I was sure he refused earlier. Or maybe it's my sleep deprivation kicking in? Who knows

And I love the sig, Luciana. I wish I could make those effects. Is that a texture and selective color? Or some complicated, incomprehensible process?

And WOW, the number of your posts!
                          Last edited by Soledat; 13 April 2010, 02:50 PM. Reason: Spelling
                          sigpic

Comment

I made a sig. Cause I wanted to post something special for my 16000th post.
                            Just lovely! And 16,000! Wow!

I CAN imagine Rush with Chloe. I just can, period

Ohhh and about RC and Harry Potter:

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlf...s-harry-potter

But I swear that I was sure he refused earlier. Or maybe it's my sleep deprivation kicking in? Who knows
                            Maybe that was the refusal. I can imagine the producers going, 'Hey, why don't we get Robert Carlyle?' and one of them responding, 'Um, have you seen this? Let's not!' Not backwards in speaking his mind is RC.
                            Last edited by EllieVee; 13 April 2010, 02:47 PM.

Comment

I couldn't insert images :/
                              sigpic

Comment

Thank you. You can steal it of course.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X