Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Eli fix the Stasis pod or come up with another solution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
    Finds something on the planet that can generate the immense power requirements...?
    Except by that point there is no planet within range of the ship. They're between galaxies with nothing there. That's the point.
    Please, make your mind up! I can't keep up with your changes as to whether he can or can't dial a nearby planet lol.

Comment

Except by that point there is no planet within range of the ship. They're between galaxies with nothing there. That's the point.
      As I said, Eli could risk it and divert the power from the shuttle to the ship's systems, just enough to preform a quick FTL jump to the nearest Galaxy. From there, he could preform a planet search in Destiny's database which could be useful for the ship and the crew. It's not necessary that he ends up on the supply planet directly from the ship. He only needs to find a fully working gate on A planet and make some gate travelling if necessary, but not too far away from the ship, because carrying equipment from planet to planet and then to the ship could be a bit risky and tricky. Once he would reach the next Galaxy with the ship, he would only keep the Gate and the life support systems on the ship so the drones wouldn't be able to cacth up with the ship again so quickly. In the end, he would return to the ship with the needed supplies to dial Earth straight from the ship and supply O'Neill with the temporary 9th chevron connection from Earth to Destiny and back. Then as the series would progress, Daniel, McKay, Carter, Zelenka and Rush (on Destiny) would finally be able to create a permanent solution to all of their problems. The Earth scientists would be familiar with Destiny thanks to the domumented material retreived from the ship, eventually making the crew able to explore Destiny more, become really familliar with it and in the end, finally returning home from the ship.

Comment

Finds something on the planet that can generate the immense power requirements...?
        Isn't it the gates themselves though not hte power issue that limits them?

He could have very easily downloaded the navigation data from destiny, and a list of gate addresses in the next galaxy so he'd know where to go into one of those remotes they take with them..
        Though i can see him remembering the gate addresses for the rest of the planets in this galaxy, how would he have them for the next galaxy over?

Comment

Originally posted by Mnikolic View Post
          As I said, Eli could risk it and divert the power from the shuttle to the ship's systems, just enough to preform a quick FTL jump to the nearest Galaxy.
          Hang on so not only does destiny barely manage to hold enough power to make a galaxial jump but now you think that a much smaller shuttle can power it up enough to make a whole galaxial jump?

ROFL.

Comment

This is a TV show we're talking about here, right? Especially if it's a sci-fi show like SGU was.

Doesn't have to be a long jump. Just big enough so Destiny can actually get somewhere. Plus there's a bunch of corridors and parts of the ship the crew didn't get to explore, so maybe Eli found something in those parts of the ship that he could use to somehow accelerate the power of the shuttle.

He would only need the shuttle to power up the systems that are needed to get the ship going. So basically it would be:

Open FTL portal > get Destiny into the portal > get Destiny out of the portal.

Powering up an FTL portal doesn't exactly require turning on every single light on the ship. The crew members would be in statis pods, so life support would be required only there and where Eli would be currently located. He could re-program the life support system so if he, for example, would go from the dining room into the shower, life support would be off in the dinning room and on where the showers are. With doing stuff like that, he could conserve enough energy and divert it to where he needs to make Destiny be able to preform a quick FTL jump with the help of the energy from the shuttle.

Comment

Oh please.. while you're at it you might as well hook up the AA Energizers to Atlantis's shield generators

Open FTL portal > get Destiny into the portal > get Destiny out of the portal.

Powering up an FTL portal
              You don't even know what FTL is do you? - FASTER THAN LIGHT. There is no 'portal'. This is not hyperdrive where there is a hyperspace window opened, it's simply a super powerful set of engines that can push the ship faster than light through normal space. Thats why it's not surrounded with a blue tunnel like Atlantis and thats why you can still see the stars and galaxies when destiny is in FTL.

Comment

Sorry, my mistake. I do need a complete Stargate re-watch... and as soon as possible. It's been a while since I've last seen any SG.

Anyway, if it's FASTER THAN LIGHT - Eli just needs to push the ship into the FTL somehow and then get it out after a few short moments. Then the rest is easy, assuming that the Blue Aliens, Ursini and the Drones are nowhere near Destiny and that they can't reach it before Eli gets everything organized and done. Although that could proove a bit tricky.

Comment

I thought it was still in FTL... it's just still a REALLY long way to the next galaxy. The Daedalus and other Earth ships were two/three weeks between Pegasus and Milky Way (and they had hyperdrive).

Comment

Didn't the show establish that crossing the inter-galactic void would take years? I think that's a non-negotiable point, but I haven't seen SGU since the gateworld re-watch. No planets, no suns, no food, no water... nothing. Am I mis-remembering?

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                      Didn't the show establish that crossing the inter-galactic void would take years? I think that's a non-negotiable point, but I haven't seen SGU since the gateworld re-watch. No planets, no suns, no food, no water... nothing. Am I mis-remembering?
                      You have remembered correctly. To get away from the drones they must go around the LONG way through a very large void between galaxies.
                      sigpic

Comment

Sorry, my mistake. I do need a complete Stargate re-watch... and as soon as possible. It's been a while since I've last seen any SG.

Anyway, if it's FASTER THAN LIGHT - Eli just needs to push the ship into the FTL somehow and then get it out after a few short moments. Then the rest is easy, assuming that the Blue Aliens, Ursini and the Drones are nowhere near Destiny and that they can't reach it before Eli gets everything organized and done. Although that could proove a bit tricky.
                        They were already in FTL when the ep ended.. So unless he brings it out, he has no need to get more power for it.
                        What he needs is more food/water/air.

Comment

I thought it was still in FTL... it's just still a REALLY long way to the next galaxy. The Daedalus and other Earth ships were two/three weeks between Pegasus and Milky Way (and they had hyperdrive).
                          Yes this is correct. Destiny was not at the edge of the galaxy when it went into FTL.

It is in FTL heading for the void between galaxies but it has to clear the rest of the current galaxy first where the drones are blockading the stars in it's path before it enters that void.

Comment

And at least being in FTL< the drones are not supposed to be able to touch it.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              And at least being in FTL< the drones are not supposed to be able to touch it.
                              Yes. I wonder how that works though.
                              Clearly it's very hard to shoot and hit something moving that quickly and if you were to fire from behind it even a beam weapon would be outrun by the ship.

What if you could fire a beam weapon at it from in front of the ship? Destiny would be travelling at the beam at a speed faster than light and the beam would be travelling towards Destiny at approximately the speed of light.

I wonder how much autonomous control the ship's computer has to avoid such things. We saw previously that Destiny had to calculate the co-ordinates of an FTL jump prior to making the jump, when Chloe did the calculation to jump to the Drone command ship. However in a longer jump all manner of objects could cross the path of Destiny that could not be foreseen when the initial calculation was performed.

Perhaps it will be the ship and not Eli that saves the day and finds a way out of the current problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Railgun View Post
                                Yes. I wonder how that works though.
                                Clearly it's very hard to shoot and hit something moving that quickly and if you were to fire from behind it even a beam weapon would be outrun by the ship.

What if you could fire a beam weapon at it from in front of the ship? Destiny would be travelling at the beam at a speed faster than light and the beam would be travelling towards Destiny at approximately the speed of light.

I wonder how much autonomous control the ship's computer has to avoid such things. We saw previously that Destiny had to calculate the co-ordinates of an FTL jump prior to making the jump, when Chloe did the calculation to jump to the Drone command ship. However in a longer jump all manner of objects could cross the path of Destiny that could not be foreseen when the initial calculation was performed.

Perhaps it will be the ship and not Eli that saves the day and finds a way out of the current problem.
                                tHE FIELD THAT SURROUNDS DESTINY WHEN IT enters FTL vaporizes drones, id imagine high energy particles from a beam weapon wouldnt stand up to it very well. I saw it as a sort of temporal force sheild that def;ects the radiation and protect the ship from any friction incurred during FTL travel.

Comment

Working...
                                X