This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Thats why one should always take rumors with a grain of salt.
    Especially rumors that seem to fly in the face of all good analysis of the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekras View Post
      Your wrong. If we continue to watch, they continue to get money. We need to hurt the executives who made this decision so that they are replaced by someone competent at their job. The only way to do that is to cause enough noise so they know WHY their numbers are hurting, and to make sure that the numbers stay low long enough for a change to actually happen.

EDIT: The only exception to this is of course for the remaining episodes of SGU.
      Seriously? Do you think they will look back then and say, "DAMN! Shouldn't have cancelled SGU!" Please.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Carter View Post
        "Sanctuary" is a low budget series, and it is slightly gaining in ratings.
        I wouldn't say a low budget series, but a lower budget then SGU. From the tweets yesterday that they haven't made a decision on Sanctuary yet and still negociating terms then in the SGU cancelation tweet not naming the show, it could mean that it won't get renewed.

Pure speculation on my part, but I would think they would state Sanctuary in there if it was def. getting renewed.

Comment

Your wrong. If we continue to watch, they continue to get money. We need to hurt the executives who made this decision so that they are replaced by someone competent at their job. The only way to do that is to cause enough noise so they know WHY their numbers are hurting, and to make sure that the numbers stay low long enough for a change to actually happen.

EDIT: The only exception to this is of course for the remaining episodes of SGU.
          Come on be realastic. I understand being angry but the numbers were bad. Its understandable cancelling the show from a business perspective
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
            Funny how he didn't mention Sanctuary in there. I have a bad feeling that it might not get renewed as well.
            it got renewed a couple of days back...

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
              I wouldn't say a low budget series, but a lower budget then SGU. From the tweets yesterday that they haven't made a decision on Sanctuary yet and still negociating terms then in the SGU cancelation tweet not naming the show, it could mean that it won't get renewed.

Pure speculation on my part, but I would think they would state Sanctuary in there if it was def. getting renewed.
              Its in negotiations, the tweet only mentioned the shows they knew they'd be renewing - they don't know yet Sanctuary's fate, therefore it wasn't in the tweet.

I don't know how you can read anything more into it than that.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Come on be realastic. I understand being angry but the numbers were bad. Its understandable cancelling the show from a business perspective
                but is it a good business sense to put the latest version of you biggest franchise up against shows that get over 20million viewers a night?

like hell it is...

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

As disappointed as I am, I unfortunately am not too surprised even the ratings. I was continually disappointed with the ratings. Especially as I hoped for at least another season to wrap it all up. Well...so that leaves us no shows and no movies (unless the DVD climate has suddenly gotten better).
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

So, if not watching SyFy shows helps sack execs etc. Why don't 'so many' people watch the show live. People in the US with those stupid Nielsen boxes are the ones that count, so watch the show live if possible. I admit, nothing else on SyFy appeals to me personally other than Sanctuary, but other shows that are IMO, of lower quality than SGU do well.

Maybe we can blame the wrestling. That's what dumb people watch right?

P.Slease don't give me any grief for the last part, I know wrestling is massive for SyFy, tho it has bugger all to do with SciFi.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                      Its in negotiations, the tweet only mentioned the shows they knew they'd be renewing - they don't know yet Sanctuary's fate, therefore it wasn't in the tweet.

I don't know how you can read anything more into it than that.
                      That's why I said pure speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                        The whole continuous tweet from Engler:
                        Oh yipee! A remake, two shows I don't like and an unnecessary BSG reboot that will also get canceled! Also, Alphas sounds stupid.

I like Haven, and I'll buy the DVD.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                          but is it a good business sense to put the latest version of you biggest franchise up against shows that get over 20million viewers a night?

like hell it is...
                          Didn't Warehouse 13 get over 2 million viewers against DWTS and the rest of the high rated shows the week after SGU mid-season finale?

The problem was SGU, not the timeslot.

Comment

Such a lovely Christmas present.
                            sigpic

Comment

Are they freaking kidding us? Everyone stop watching Syfy entirely. Boycott Warehouse 13, Eureka, and any other shows they still have left.... That's the last straw.... First they end Atlantis prematurely (5 seasons early!) and than they start a GREAT new show and only give it 2 years?

Sorry won't boycott Syfy since I find shows like W13,Eureka, and Sacntuary more enjoyable than SGU. The only thing to blame is to blame the show itself. Syfy did not even have to give this show a chance in the first place. The show is to blame for it's failure not the network.

I'm sorry about SGU, but it was on borrowed time. One final thought, Syfy did not cancel SGA. I know that for a fact. The producers wanted to take a risk with a new formula, but it failed.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post

like hell it is...
                                Monday-Thursday have big competition. You have to put the show somewhere
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X