This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some truth to Destiny's mission?

An interesting news article has been released today and the similarities to Destiny's mission is really surprising.

Evidence of events that happened before the Big Bang can be seen in the glow of microwave radiation that fills the Universe, scientists have asserted.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11837869

wow

Comment

outrageous Rush lied again by saying we don't have the technology to detect it yet
      I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

did you think the writers came up with the idea themselves? most things in stargate are based on real things one way or another.
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith0709 View Post
          An interesting news article has been released today and the similarities to Destiny's mission is really surprising.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11837869
          I just came here to post this. I couldn't believe it when I saw the headline and immediately thought of Rush explaining it to Young. It just makes me love the show that much more.
          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

LOL at all of you. CMBR was always known to contain the secrets of the big bang and before, but what Rush talks about is something concrete within it. These scientist noticed some patterns and came up with a theory, but no solid evidence. While Rush got a message as well as proof of a deterministic universe.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
              LOL at all of you. CMBR was always known to contain the secrets of the big bang and before, but what Rush talks about is something concrete within it. These scientist noticed some patterns and came up with a theory, but no solid evidence. While Rush got a message as well as proof of a deterministic universe.
              Indeed. In this case CMBR is potentially indicating that there was a Universe before this one (which fits with my personal view of the cosmos anyway) however in SGU it is implied that there is evidence of intelligence behind the universe. Whether that be God, Gods, an advanced alien race or Bill and Ted......
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Could be that there was intelligence in an Universe that was around before this one and they had a hand in the creation of this Universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith0709 View Post
                  Could be that there was intelligence in an Universe that was around before this one and they had a hand in the creation of this Universe.
                  All of this has happened before, and will happen again.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    All of this has happened before, and will happen again.
                    Indeed

Comment

Well it's very interesting. A lot of sci-fi in the past is funnily enough becoming sci-fact now. I honestly thought the idea that the background radiation containing a message or information of some kind was a brilliant idea, worthy of actual science. I wouldn't be surprised if there turns out to be information (whether that be deliberate or just information or evidence of how the universe was formed) in the radiation.
                      SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
                      SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
                      ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
                      Spoiler:
                      *beep*
                      Young: "What the hell was that?"
                      Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

I think Roger Penrose watches SG:U and then after seeing the "mission" episode started looking into the CMBR and made this discovery. (Either that or a coincidence)
                        I can't wait to see what new discoveries come from Planck's data when its finally released.

Comment

Working...
                        X