Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else have trouble relating to any of the main characters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by donald85 View Post
    No main character cuts it.
    Perhaps Brody comes close.

Greer is the worst, worst than the senator (Chloe's father) and should have died on 1st episode imho. Way too volatile. Colonel Young is too aggressive, Scott is too submitted and trying to be bossy. TJ is too confused.

Civil side, Rush is a monster, a mastermind turned bad. Eli is a kid with no maturity barely getting it together by the end, also volatile. Camille is disgustingly greedy for power. Chloe is clueless borderline neurotic.

None of these people should have been anywhere near a top secret science facility on another planet, not even for any inauguration. So the story of them being caught on Icarus and later stuck on Destiny is just not believable.

The series would have been so much more interesting with calm and clever people, not a bunch of panic-driven volatile screamers. Over the top drama.

--

In case you wonder, I liked the concept, the intrigue, the stories, the soundtrack, the scenes, decor, ambience...

but none of the characters, except "the ship".
    Yes, because you'd keep your cool and stay calm if you got gated against your will to butt-fk nowhere on the other side of the universe, stuck on an unstoppable ship with little food, water and air & being constantly attacked by hostiles.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Working...
    X