This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
    Unlikely that it is. Actors are usually informed by different means - whether through their agents, thus a phone call, or through a personal call from the Producers. They don't leave notifications of this kind to email. It's not good form.
    Agreed. Forgot about the agent bit. It really should go thru them. Carl Binder has an agent too....

Ah well. I feel for the cast and crew.
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
      Good to hear we have someone to blame, can I put Sami_ and a few others on the list?
      I would be honored.

Comment

Since we have a thread already for the cancellation, what I'd like to do is TEMPORARILY shut this one down...simply because it'll become the 'cancellation 2.0' thread.

I'll either open it back up in a few days, or open it back up when the back half airs.

What i'm afraid of happening is, passions will rule, and the mods will be trying to control it on two fronts, plus any other thread anyone else makes everywhere else on the forum. TEMPORARILY shutting this thread down will allow the conversation to continue in the existing thread and we'll be able to keep those intent upon ruining it under control and protect those of you that wish to discuss and commiserate.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Here is your ratings thread.

Now please, RATINGS ONLY.

You want to talk about the cancellation or who to blame or any of that stuff, please don't do it here.

Talk about ratings, right now there are plenty of syndie ratings to discuss, so please do that.

and if you want to talk about the cancellation, take it to that thread please

sigpic

Comment

So apparently the overall viewers upticked from Visitation to Resurgence..... while the live fell.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
              So apparently the overall viewers upticked from Visitation to Resurgence..... while the live fell.
              And in Syndie, TNG beat SGU by about 100k viewers
              Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
              Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
              Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                Not an overall surprise. First apparently SGU is actually being seen by less of the market then TNG by about 10% (MS posted the details in another thread) and second, SGU have an old dedicated fanbase. I watch stuff on TV I have on DVD all the time .

Not that it matters, MGM will only be making a small bit of money from the syndication anyway. It's one of those things that may assist DVD sales though.
                Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                  Is that out of all the channels its being shown on? (US only or worldwide?) Also, TNG is being played on a bunch of stations 30x's a day, certainly a lot more than SGU...

Comment

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
                    Is that out of all the channels its being shown on? (US only or worldwide?) Also, TNG is being played on a bunch of stations 30x's a day, certainly a lot more than SGU...
                    The number for TNG is not a cumulative number of all the showings, it is an average of all the shows.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...targates/76306
                    For syndicated shows which air on multiple days, the viewership shown is the average of all telecasts.

Comment

Anybody have the Live +7 numbers for Resurgence?

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d
                        who cares?
                        they do. If you feel their conversation isn't interesting, then please find another one

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrMann101 View Post
                          A lot of people have asked for this and I'm not sure why no one has replied.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMann101 View Post
                            I just quote a comment from MediaSavant.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...CELLED/page126

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
                            What's "Resurgence"? Am I supposed to know the names of the episodes?

(Only sorta kidding. I actually don't know most of the episodes by their names.)

If you are talking about the last episode that aired, it had 1.638 million total viewers, a lift of 544,000 from the live + sd number.

On average, the ten episodes of season two had 1.078 million viewers Live + Same Day and 1.569 million Live + 7.

It's interesting to note that the average lift--difference between Live + 7 and same day viewers--went down as the series went on:

Episodes 101-110: 603,000
                            Episodes 111-120: 537,000
                            Episodes 201-210: 491,000

So, even though the switch to Tuesday is brought up as a reason the live + same day ratings to go down, the show didn't make up for the loss by having more people watching on other days.

I also want to note that while some people blame the hiatuses for loss of viewers, the hiatus between episode 110 and 111 was longer than the hiatus between 111 and 201, yet 111 actually had more viewers than 110.

Comment

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
                              Syndication ratings are for distribution to broadcast (non-cable/satellite) stations. They are U.S. only and don't include repeats that may be running on cable.

Comment

I've become privy to some data from Nielsen. SGU's ratings weren't high, but the people watching were pretty upscale. For the last episode that ran, the average household income of the Adults 18-49 who watched was around $76,000. For Adults 18+, it was about $73,000.

Comment

Working...
                                X