Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know when we will know if it's been axed or not?
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      So we don't clutter the forum with 20 different threads on a single topic
      But they are different topics! For example they merged my thread on Ursini Refugees, and someone elses thread on the Ursini language, into a third topic on the Ursini in general. Totally different discussions, intended to go in different directions. By merging it all now everything gets funneled into one single direction and parts of the discussion get lost in the mix. Not to mention it makes finding specific disussions much harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
        No word yet..... cross your fingers it stays around.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekras View Post
          But they are different topics! For example they merged my thread on Ursini Refugees, and someone elses thread on the Ursini language, into a third topic on the Ursini in general. Totally different discussions, intended to go in different directions. By merging it all now everything gets funneled into one single direction and parts of the discussion get lost in the mix. Not to mention it makes finding specific disussions much harder.
          They are barely different. They well all go to a simliar avenue since they are all grounded in the Ursini. Ratings discussions have shown to go the same direction as well.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
            Fans take this stuff far too personally. it's business.
            You had me all the way up to here Deevil.
            OK, Let's do some "roleplaying" shall we.
            If you were in charge of a multinational company and you had to answer to your investors, would you renew SGU?
            I am really curious to know.
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
              If you were in charge of a multinational company and you had to answer to your investors, would you renew SGU?
              If you value your job - No.

Its very likely the ratings will get even worse in season 3 as they do with most shows as time goes on - even if the ratings are acceptable at the moment (which I don't think they are) whoever makes a decision to renew is going to be judged on how the show performs in season 3 and I'm sure eyebrows will be raised considering how clear it seems that the show is underperforming so badly.

Comment

I think that is impossible to answer with the data we have. We as fan just don't the whole story of whats going on.
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Given that I know nothing of what is in contracts, licensing or profitability, future progaming decisions etc etc, how do you expect me to answer that question with any type of clarity based on the extremely limited information that has been released to us?

FYI Skiffy isn't a multinational company. It's a national company.
                  Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

TBH with you, I'm surprised at the ratings of GH without network competition - repeats. I thought it would have gone higher...
                    Yeah, surprisingly it hasn't been doing as great as it used to. It's getting pretty ordinary ratings. GH came under fire by fans with this last episode because Syfy apparently thought it'd be a brilliant idea to bring the Real Housewives onto the show as special guests. I can understand bringing in other Syfy actors like the girl who plays Claudia from Warehouse 13, Amanda Tapping, and Josh Gates, I can even come to terms with their apparent love affair with putting wrestlers on there, but reality stars from another channel? And there would honestly be very little crossover fan base wise. I'm not sure if I even want to watch that episode. lol.

Sometimes, I fear for the future of Syfy when they make decisions that make you wonder if they have any brains left over there.
                    sigpic

Happy Holidays!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      dec or jan.
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        I think that is impossible to answer with the data we have. We as fan just don't the whole story of whats going on.
                        True. Though I know a great many who'd pay to be a fly in that discussion room.
                        sigpic

Happy Holidays!

Comment

FYI Skiffy isn't a multinational company. It's a national company.
                          How many countries does Syfy air in?

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                            How many countries does Syfy air in?
                            Considering it's in multiple countries, I would say the name is multinational.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                              waits for resurgence dvr numbers. until then i will not panic.
                              Considering it's a well known fact that the network doesn't make much if any money off DVR viewing it means absolutely nothing.
                              They can air Ghost Hunters or Warehouse 13, or Eureka or any of the bigger shows in the Tuesday timeslot and get double the ratings of SGU live, thats not including the people who DVR each of these 3 shows.
                              Infact if Riese was a Broadcast TV series and it aired on Tuesday at 9, it'd do better too.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandria7 View Post
                                True. Though I know a great many who'd pay to be a fly in that discussion room.
                                Do I get two or four wings?
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X