• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pipes you? seriously, that's sick.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      pipes you? seriously, that's sick.
      Have you heard of Chuck Norris jokes? If I have affended you I will remove my post.

Comment

For a moment there,
        I thought we were in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
          I don't believe that's been proven at all, either that they've been on board or that they are familiar with Destiny's systems. I believe that Destiny can and has been defending itself however, but that its systems were turned off when the crew gated in.
          Think about what you are saying here. The human crew have been on board for what, a few months? In that time, they have managed to access only a few systems (they are have access to life support, weapons, they cannot access navigation or engineering or repair systems). Remember too that humans are familiar with a lot of ancient technology. Blue alien was in James for what, a few hours? And in that time, a single alien was able to break the ancient lock code, and access a system that the humans have been unable to access, in the entire time they have been there; all without any previous experience with Destiny's systems.

Is that really the case you want to make?

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
            What happened in Sabotage doesn't prove that the blue aliens have been aboard the ship. And suggesting that they locked the ship systems is pretty ridiculous. That would imply that they had full control of the ship and just decided to leave it alone, which makes no sense at all. If they had full control of the Destiny, the ship wouldn't be flying through space. They'd have taken it somewhere to research it or to make use of it.
            No, the Ancients locked the ships systems, with a code based on their genome. That is why the human crew cannot access navigation and other systems.

I think it is safe to assume that the blue aliens have now broken this code. They knew the creators of Destiny had made a code based on their genome, but they had no idea what that genome was until they captured Rush. It seems to me the blue aliens must have been studying and probing Destiny for anywhere from a dozen to hundreds of years before the humans showed up.

PS. Some other facts. The sabotage was not performed with direct physical access. We know this because they mentioned in the episode that they did not have access to the engineering sections of the ship. Another thing they mentioned, was that they could have performed the bypass remotely, if they had access to those systems, which they did not.
            Last edited by kwlafayette; 18 May 2010, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Yep, no reason to think the Blues have boarded. I got the sense from the pilot that Destiny dropped out of hyper and turned on the lights for the first time in forever when they dialed the 9 chevron code from Icarus. They probably could learn a lot form sensors and observations from the outside and even. If astronomy has taught us anything it's that you can learn a lot from pure observation.
              I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

the blue aliens had a pod on Destiny for a while. they could have gained a fair amount of knowledge about the ship and if they have any of the seeder ships then (if there engines are similar to Destiny's) they might know all about FTL engines.

they could know exactely how the engines work and how to mess with them

Comment

Originally posted by kwlafayette View Post
                  Here is another from JM's blog. "Kymm writes: “I must be missing something, so I am going to ask a stupid question (be kind) – since the alien ship can track Destiny through hyper space (they were attached to the ship in Air and have located them again in Space). We have found out that the aliens want the ship. Why did they not just take it before the Earth people boarded it?”

Answer: We don’t know for sure, but it would seem they haven’t been able to board Destiny (although the pod that flew away at the end of Air III would seem to indicate they’ve been keeping tabs on the ship for some time now)" http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...uction-update/

Again, pretty non-committal. It would seem like he is trying not to give anything away. It would seem that it is a now a very safe bet the blue aliens have been on Destiny before, long enough to gain access to a great many system, and a pretty nuanced understanding of everything. As mentioned HaMm3r, how did they get so much access in such a limited time?

Do you think they broke the DNA based lockout code in the time they had Rush as a prisoner?
                  How did you get 'They must have boarded Destiny' from 'it would seem they haven’t been able to board Destiny (although the pod that flew away at the end of Air III would seem to indicate they’ve been keeping tabs on the ship for some time now)"'?

Keeping tabs on the ship does not equal having been on the ship.

We don't know HOW James sabotaged the ship either, so we can't assume that means they have a working knowledge of the systems. The blue man group could have had her program a virus, build a bomb, or maybe they just threw a wrench into some panel somewhere and got completely lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Dex Luther View Post
                    How did you get 'They must have boarded Destiny' from 'it would seem they haven’t been able to board Destiny (although the pod that flew away at the end of Air III would seem to indicate they’ve been keeping tabs on the ship for some time now)"'?

Keeping tabs on the ship does not equal having been on the ship.

We don't know HOW James sabotaged the ship either, so we can't assume that means they have a working knowledge of the systems. The blue man group could have had her program a virus, build a bomb, or maybe they just threw a wrench into some panel somewhere and got completely lucky.
                    further, we don't know whether it was the aliens behind the sabotage or not. Essentially James blacked out and went somewhere where she couldn't see anything and, after talking to Chloe, believes that the aliens sabotaged the ship. I still have my doubts that it went down that way.
                    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

For all we really know, when the alien ended up in James body, it could have immediately headed for the nearest private spot to have some fun with its new "toys". However, being ignorant about Destiny's technology, it failed to notice the kino hovering nearby and thus, the overload was actually caused by Eli frantically hitting the zoom button too many times!

Comment

Why do you think they broke the code? Was the sabotage on the drive not physical i.e nothing to do with the computer systems? It was the human crew that had to bypass the system through, iirc, a combination of robot rovers and computer system manipulation.

Also, it wouldn't take a detailed knowledge of Destiny's systems to know where to target for sabotage. The Blues are fairly advanced and have their own ftl tech, I'm sure through all their observations (which seem to be extended) of Destiny, they'd have deduced where best to target for sabotage...
                        sigpic

Comment

The aliens weren't onboard Destiny before... they wouldn't have left if they did... and as for how they did that to the systems, well these guys are certainly a very intelligent and advanced race, Im sure they could figure out a way...
                          I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                            The aliens weren't onboard Destiny before... they wouldn't have left if they did... and as for how they did that to the systems, well these guys are certainly a very intelligent and advanced race, Im sure they could figure out a way...
                            Maybe they left when we came on board because they were afraid that we were the ancients returning or something

Comment

Originally posted by Loheat View Post
                              Maybe they left when we came on board because they were afraid that we were the ancients returning or something
                              No.

Ok, this thread is going nowhere. It has already been stated that Blues were not on the ship. End of thread. People keep it going in circles on purpose. Respectfully, please stop.

Comment

Originally posted by ProclarushTaonasAt View Post
                                No.
                                Oh, is there anything I missed that makes what I said wrong?

Comment

Working...
                                X