Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the point of being a hardcore hentai guy is not to stand out about it, although if Eli has a bad dream at some point involving tentacles then we may have our answer.

I don't really think Eli fits into a particular fandom. I think Eli is a general fan of Scifi for sure, but I wouldn't go as far as to call him a Warsie, or a Trekkie, or even a Browncoat. He no doubt would be a fan of the shows, but I couldn't see him specifically referring to himself as one of these.

He's definitely a gamer and most definitely a scifi fan, maybe the occasional bit of anime (Cowboy Bebop, Ghost In The Shell, Akira, Evangelion, maybe Escaflowne and Dragonball Z) but I think he is supposed to be more of a Scifi fan that viewers can relate to by having watched all these things but not having the entire technical blueprints of the Death Star or the Enterprise burned into his memory.

sigpic

Comment

Also the fact that well-known scifi references are easier to spot for the audience than anime references. Just imagine Eli going 'Sakujo!' at Spencer's suicide.

No, noone would get that.
      Mia: Don't you hate that?
      Vincent: Hate what?
      Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
      Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
      Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
      - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
        Also the fact that well-known scifi references are easier to spot for the audience than anime references. Just imagine Eli going 'Sakujo!' at Spencer's suicide.

No, noone would get that.
        Some of us might ...

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
          This and Wormhole X-Treme!.
          LOL, jajaja

Without even thinking it, BSG. And of course the game that he was playing on Air, part 1, LOL
          sigpic
          Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

i want a terminator reference
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              i want a terminator reference
              All you need is greer and a handheld minigun and you have it.
              Tst

Comment

What would be funny is if he was a modern warfare fan and he would know Modern Warfare 2 was coming out but got sent to the destiny, I would be gutted.

Comment

he belongs to the Stargate Fandom

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
                    All you need is greer and a handheld minigun and you have it.
                    "come with me if you want to live" if that line is ever uttered on this series. i'll geek out to the heavens

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      he belongs to the Stargate Fandom
                      but not all of fandom likes him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                        What would be funny is if he was a modern warfare fan and he would know Modern Warfare 2 was coming out but got sent to the destiny, I would be gutted.
                        Serious deja-vu here, something like that happened on south park once. Except fatty tried freezing himself for a month for a game console and woke up in the year 2517 or something
                        Tst

Comment

Working...
                        X