Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very few galaxies it came across? When it showed the galaxies and then the camera went to rush talking you could hear the beeps keep going and they got very fast and there was hundreds it seemed.

Comment

Originally posted by Confessor Rahl View Post
      I'd be willing to bet that we'll come across another Destiny class ship in the show at some point, either derelict or in pieces.
      I think there are likely other ships, but at this point if they all went in straight lines they should be very very far apart.
      sigpic

Comment

I think the reason that the Destiny is travelling in a straight line is because that way they would reach further out into the universe in a shorter time than if they had done an outward spiral.

This also means that there could be multiple ships travelling in different directions, but that does pose the problem of the ships becoming further spaced apart as they get further away and the space between them would remain unexplored.

Or maybe the Ancients only made one Destiny type of ship and either decided one was enough to accomplish what they set out to do (reach the end of the universe? or just see how far it goes and if things changed the further away you went) or they may have decided that they didn't have the resources to keep churning out these ships as well as their seeders.

There is also the idea of the ship requiring the 9 symbol address to be reached. Surely there could be other 9 symbol addresses that go to different ships, but the Destiny address was the only one in the Atlantis database because the Pegasus galaxy was visited by the Destiny?

Comment

I think they mission was to explore deep space not all space really. They likely just plotted a course that had them stop at the most galaxies while still reaching deep space quickly.

Comment

i think the idea of the series is that the Destiny is unique and merely explores the most interesting galaxies.

however the concept allows many more destinies.

Comment

I'd prefer it if they kept the destiny unique, I hated it when they introduced Atlantis' sister ship, made it less special.

Comment

I am openly digging this thread from the grave...Why because I got it right!! woot.

We have a fleet!!!

We do not required the anicent Gene for operation,

Destiny does hold the database for all the ships ahead...

Not sure if I got the ship size correct, but yes it is clearly more massive

But I am pretty happy at my predictions!

Comment

OK since the show aired we have some more info.

still, first off, the ancients had all the time in the world. they didnt need to colonize the universe in 10 days.

a realistic approach (numbers indicates ratio)

1: Destiny. a large self-supplying exploration vessel with all the facilities to be long running and to supply the crew indefinately.

4: Gateseeders. large automated industrial ships mining and building stargates

2: Factories. they travel along with the ships, repairing and replacing the ships over time
                  they also produce recon drones that are sent across the galaxy and explore EVERY solar system, then the Gateseeders travel to all the "M-class" planets, IE earthlike ones.

8: Terraformers. massive ships that terraform planets, from simple atmosphere adjustments to overhauling a planet. produces carbon nanomachines which adjust the soil and atmosphere. also contains bacterial and cellular samples to quickstart life.

so 1 destiny, 2 factories, 4 Seeders and 8 Terraformers.

first the factories, then the terraformers, then the seeders and then the destiny.

Comment

I still think the fleet is much larger than what you are suggesting. New information puts the ship at 2 seasons per Galaxy and this is still a rumour.

The Ancient Communication stones would remove the need for a communication relay ship.

Destiny is also currently low on power, but was it design to be able to dial back earth? It makes senses that the design would allow for that, but it also means it has the ability to store or produce more power than anything we have seen so far.

We also have seen a new kind of FTL travel that is not Hyperspace. This is interesting. We need to open a "hyperspace window" to enter hyperspace, but this might mean Destiny was too big for Hyperspace, or it would prevent something important from operating. How big is destiny?

Comment

Working...
                    X