This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xylian View Post
    I think Jeffrey Dean Morgan or Skeet Ulrich as Colonel Young would be great.
    I'm liking the Jeffrey Dean Morgan suggestion. He was awesome in Supernatural.

Comment

true, I don't think he's a "name" actor though... I had to look up who he was.

Comment

How about Vin Disel? (Sp might be wrong.)

Comment

I hope it doesn't matter who Col. Young is because I hope he is separated from the crew early because the hierarchical command structure has been done to death. I blame the Prussians.

"I have darkness inside of me!" - SpongeBob Squarepants

Comment

mckay and danial should be in sgu.

i dont care about the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Boon View Post
              true, I don't think he's a "name" actor though... I had to look up who he was.
              Yeah, but now he's got a big role in The Watchmen. That might get him "name" status.

Comment

I love how people are still suggesting that people should cross over from SG-1 or SGA.
                Unless the cross-over person were involved in the training of new recruits or menial investigative labor (my two theories about how they end up stuck on Destiny: training mission gone wrong or basic reconnaissance mission run amuck), it's not gonna happen.

For Col. Young, I'm really hoping that the "name" actor they cast can actually act. That's about all I'm hoping for from that character. I think the rest of them are going to be what make the show interesting for me.
                sigpic

If you have Twitter, end all your Tweets with #SGU! Here's why!

~*~*~Shal kek nem ron~*~*~

Comment

Originally posted by crowmagnumman View Post
                  Yeah, but now he's got a big role in The Watchmen. That might get him "name" status.
                  Touché sir... touché

Comment

I hope they cast enough extras as crew members so they can last for 5 to 10 seasons as extras tend to not live long on Stargate.

Comment

From the rumored character descriptions, it sounds like the crew of the Destiny will be going planet-side a lot and running into all sorts of trouble. They will, as rumor and my own interpretation has it, respond with:

1. Col. Everett Young, a 40ish year old handsome and capable former SG team leader who probably captains the ship, to whatever extent the ship can be captained, but may also lead the landing or away teams.
                      Played by: Suggestions

2. Tamara Jon (female), an under equipped field medic.
                      Played by: Stephanie Jacobsen please.

3. Eli Hitchcock (male), a slacker computer whiz who's pure genius if you can get him to do anything. He eventually commits suicide because he can't reprogram the ship to change course and he can't play World of Warcraft away from home. Of course getting dumped by his dream girl--Chloe and repeatedly beaten up by "Psycho" Stasiak didn't help matters.
                      Played by:

4. Ron "Psycho" Stasiak, the guy who stands around sharpening his knives and waiting for a chance to pummel something to death.
                      Played by:

5. Lt. Jared Nash, the early 20's and sexy off-ship team leader (unless he stays onboard the ship while Col. Young leads the landing party).
                      Played by: Suggestions?

6. Chloe Carpenter, the stunning and sexy party girl who eventually sleeps with everyone and perhaps a few things.
                      Played by: Laura Vandervoort has moved up to the movie scene I guess. Suggestions?

Notably missing from the lineup:

1. The (Teyla-esque) female arse-kicker.Her character would overshadow Chloe Carpenter because hot women who kick-heiney are sexier than women who just look good.
                      Played by: Jannina Gavankar,

2. An actual doctor. (According to RCC: "At a writers meeting we concluded that the only way we could stop ourselves from killing more doctors was by not having one to begin with." No, I just made that up because it's funny.)
                      Played by: Nobody. It's more dramatic when you don't have a legitimate doctor.

3. Linguist to establish communications with all the wild and fabulous new aliens that the team will meet. The aliens will just have to deal with getting bonked on the head by "Psycho" boy.
                      Played by: Nobody. It's more dramatic when you repeatedly start wars with aliens because you can't communicate properly.
                      Last edited by fwupow; 02 November 2008, 06:33 AM.
                      sigpic My Twit-name (@fwupow) is the same!

Comment

I hope StarGate Universe in some way copies the tone of Atlantis which appeals to all age groups.
                        Characters I just absolutely love are Rodney McKay and Shepherd(David Hewlett and Joe Flanigan) and more importantly I hope the script writers who developed the Comedy and Intensity that existed in these characters are allowed to do the same in Stargate Universe they really hit the nail on this.

Comment

If they make the characters too extreme and serious , how does this appeal to a younger audience. I could not get my sons interested in any of the sci-fi shows except Atlantis ?

Comment

Originally posted by pegasus7 View Post
                            If they make the characters too extreme and serious , how does this appeal to a younger audience. I could not get my sons interested in any of the sci-fi shows except Atlantis ?
                            How old are your sons? Younger audience = people in their 20's and 30's.

Comment

What do younger audiences like?

If I were in my teens and twenties, I think I'd be too caught up in video games to care about anything on television.

When you think young, you have to be thinking ADD, so kiss the long story arcs goodbye. Techno-babble will have to go as well, so no more scientists like Carter, Jackson or McKay.

So what's left? Violence, blood, guts, gore? Looks like Jason Mamoa got involved one series too soon.

Ok, I'm starting to see it now. The crew of the Destiny finally comes within range of a newly seeded Stargate and beams down to the planet. While high on ecstasy and lurching about to trance music, aliens secretly intermingle and impregnate them. When they start waking up about noon the next day, infant aliens start popping out of their chests and biting their faces off. They try to go back to the ship but discover that nobody knows or remembers that Gate symbol sequence. By sundown they're all dead, but the Destiny automatically recreates them based on stored genetic information from it's scanners and proceeds to the next planet which turns out to be a perfect place for a LAN party.
                              Last edited by fwupow; 02 November 2008, 11:04 AM. Reason: error and revision
                              sigpic My Twit-name (@fwupow) is the same!

Comment

You have a very strange view on what young people are in to. Not to mention the demographic you're talking about isn't the one they're aiming for.

Comment

Working...
                                X