Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ED, I hope you don't mind me stealing your thunder... I'm a habitual gif maker
    Last edited by Lahela; 30 July 2009, 11:25 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Hooray, my work here is done for me. :chloe:
      [edit]If I had twitter I'd be tweeting that.
      Last edited by Eternal Density; 30 July 2009, 11:55 PM. Reason: I'm not quite ready to become a twit yet.
      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Stargate Universe Comic Con Video Interviews

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...nterviews.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post

Oh, nice find

[EDIT] Haha, I think the Brian, Elyse, David one was the funniest. They're such fun people
          Last edited by Coronach; 31 July 2009, 07:59 AM.
          Sig by Pandora's Box
          sigpic

Comment

Coolness! Very nice!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
              Haha, I think the Brian, Elyse, David one was the funniest. They're such fun people
              Wookiee outfits & Hobbit feet all the way!!

Comment

Wookiee outfits & Hobbit feet all the way!!
                David: That's not a costume
                Elyse: Strangely arousing...
                Sig by Pandora's Box
                sigpic

Comment

David: That's not a costume
                  Elyse: Strangely arousing...
                  Brian: I just threw up a little

Comment

Why Stargate Universe is no Voyager/BSG mashup

After more than a decade of Stargate series established lengthy backstories for both the Milky Way and Pegasus galaxies, where does a new entrant in the franchise take the story? How about the vast frontier of the universe?

http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/why-sta...niverse-is.php

Comment

After more than a decade of Stargate series established lengthy backstories for both the Milky Way and Pegasus galaxies, where does a new entrant in the franchise take the story? How about the vast frontier of the universe?

Cool find! :-)
                      sigpic

Comment

"The fact is that if I pitch you a story about somebody getting lost and trying to get home, that's a story that's been told countless times throughout history," Cooper said. "That aspect was not unique to Voyager. What's very different about this show and Voyager is that it's about us, in a contemporary sense of you and I beamed off out of our houses onto a spaceship. What are we going to do and what are our concerns? We're not in Starfleet. It's not an antiseptic future, militaristic happy place where everybody gets along. I don't apologize for telling a story about people trying to get home. In many ways, that was somewhat built into the first season of Atlantis as well."
                        This.
                        sigpic

Comment

Wow, good article as well. I especially liked the part (and we've been harping on this for months) where RC says:

"The fact is that if I pitch you a story about somebody getting lost and trying to get home, that's a story that's been told countless times throughout history...That aspect was not unique to Voyager."
                          The same applies to BSG. Just because there are similarities between shows, it hardly means it's a carbon-copy...and those shows that came before certainly weren't the first to tell these types of stories, yet they were still successful.

It's all about how these common storytelling techniques are used, and how well-written the characters in these situations end up being.
                          Sig by Pandora's Box
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                            This.
                            Wow, good article as well. I especially liked the part (and we've been harping on this for months) where RC says:

The same applies to BSG. Just because there are similarities between shows, it hardly means it's a carbon-copy...and those shows that came before certainly weren't the first to tell these types of stories, yet they were still successful.

It's all about how these common storytelling techniques are used, and how well-written the characters in these situations end up being.
                            True.

Comment

Very good way to put it! I especially liked your last statemnet!
                              sigpic

Comment

Nice article.

It looks like BW and RCC will hold true with their premise, or at least they say so. But I have faith in them.

RCC also pointed out something that should put the 'this is BSG!!!' screamers to rest...(unfortunately they won't because we know you can't change people's minds.)

"The fact is that if I pitch you a story about somebody getting lost and trying to get home, that's a story that's been told countless times throughout history," Cooper said. "That aspect was not unique to Voyager. What's very different about this show and Voyager is that it's about us, in a contemporary sense of you and I beamed off out of our houses onto a spaceship. What are we going to do, and what are our concerns? We're not in Starfleet. It's not an antiseptic future militaristic happy place where everybody gets along. I don't apologize for telling a story about people trying to get home. In many ways, that was somewhat built into the first season of Atlantis as well."

Cooper even suggested that SGU might be more in sync with the original concept of Voyager than Voyager ended up being. Wright promised that SGU will stick to its course after the pilot.
                                People have pointed it out here. The story about 'someone getting lost and trying to find their way home' is something that has been going on for centuries. It is a part of humanity. It is a classic story.

Very nice article. Enjoyed reading it.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                                and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Working...
                                X