Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    Update!

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...h-the-mailbag/

Joe also posted a myriad of pictures relating to the offices of Homeworld Security. Check it out via that link!

Boy, the New Zealanders are gonna be pissed.
    Awesome! :-) Thanks!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Lets play Devil's Advocate for a second. Lets just say Stargate did portray Jesus as an Ancient. What if Jesus was given the powers of an ascended Ancient given by the Christian god to help out mortals. So really it depends entiirely on the context of this story that it goes. And I don't think Pandora has to be a Christian to understand your stance. My best friend in high school was a different religion and I understood his stance even though I disagreed. The reason it didn't bother you in BSG was because the BSG religion was based on the ancient Greek mythology and a very vague God
      To Christians it's the holy trinity and nothing else. God empowered Jesus, not the ancients. Sci fi should not challenge our religious beliefs, it should expand our ideas amd spur our imagination, but not try to change our mind on what we believe in. No I just don't like when a show tries to promote a religion or demote a religion. And TPTB should know enough to know that Christians believe the Judeo-Christian is the one and only omni-powerful God. Like what you suggested is that Jesus needed the ancients help to save mankind. That is also an insult to Christianity in a sci fine world or not(no offense).

Also am I the only one that is getting frustrated by this conversation? Honestly, I just want to make right with everyone, make sure there is no hate frustration or anger between any of us and just move on. I have no problems with anyone here. Even though some of the things you said I totally disagree with, doesn't meen I'm mad at you. Yeah this conversation is just bothering me the longer it goes. So if it's cool with everyone else I'd like to end it here. Unless there's bitterness between anyone that needs to be talked out.
      sigpic

Comment

A few things:

1. Ha! The first Homeworld Command photo has the address of HC on it! 900 Virginia Ave. SW, Washington DC, 20024. Google Maps indicate no such place but there is a 900 on D st. that is right next to Virginia Ave. SW. We must go there and play pretend.

2. The renewal/cancellation decision may only come in early 2010? But the writers usually start coming up with stories before that! What does that mean? Could production be pushed back until MGM and/or Syfy make a decision?

3. Homeworld Command computers use Windows Vista. XD

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
          To Christians it's the holy trinity and nothing else. God empowered Jesus, not the ancients. Sci fi should not challenge our religious beliefs, it should expand our ideas amd spur our imagination, but not try to change our mind on what we believe in. No I just don't like when a show tries to promote a religion or demote a religion. And TPTB should know enough to know that Christians believe the Judeo-Christian is the one and only omni-powerful God. Like what you suggested is that Jesus needed the ancients help to save mankind. That is also an insult to Christianity in a sci fine world or not(no offense).

Also am I the only one that is getting frustrated by this conversation? Honestly, I just want to make right with everyone, make sure there is no hate frustration or anger between any of us and just move on. I have no problems with anyone here. Even though some of the things you said I totally disagree with, doesn't meen I'm mad at you. Yeah this conversation is just bothering me the longer it goes. So if it's cool with everyone else I'd like to end it here. Unless there's bitterness between anyone that needs to be talked out.
          I am a strong believing Christian and all...but I ain't gonna let this bother me. Besides, I feel what will happen to 'that' character isn't gonna exploit or 'slap Christianity in the face', but instead embrace it in a specific character. I know you said it bothers you MD, but too be honest you shouldn't let it bother you. You believe what you believe. You know what you know. Hold that strong. That's all you need to do.

On tonight's blog by JM...

I like the set of Homeworld Command. Now, is that where the I.O.A, etc. will operate? Obviously it would be the place for Homeworld Security, but I wonder if the I.O.A will be there as well or they will have their own place. Hmm...I like the idea of the Homeworld Command though.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
          and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
            Ultimately, Stargate is science fiction and this is what science fiction does and has done since its inception; challenge not only the status quo, but our perceptions of reality.
            oh and just got to say this, sci fi may challenge my beliefes but it is different to suggest then to call something. Like saying Jesus is an ancient on the show is stating a fact, not challenging our beliefs. Saying, in the show of course, that we discovered an ancient writing that has Jesus mentioned in it in some way that relates him with hanging out with ancients while he was on earth. That only suggest something, not states it as fact. I hope that helps you understand where I'm coming from.
            sigpic

Comment

A few things:

1. Ha! The first Homeworld Command photo has the address of HC on it! 900 Virginia Ave. SW, Washington DC, 20024. Google Maps indicate no such place but there is a 900 on D st. that is right next to Virginia Ave. SW. We must go there and play pretend.
              I'm so there

2. The renewal/cancellation decision may only come in early 2010? But the writers usually start coming up with stories before that! What does that mean? Could production be pushed back until MGM and/or Syfy make a decision?
              That doesn't make sense.

I hope its the ultimate edition!
              sigpic

Comment

Boy, the New Zealanders are gonna be pissed.
                To be fair a lot of Pacific Islands are usually absent from that kind of thing. But it sure reminds of Brainstorm when some Aussie were fueling mad because apparently Australia didn't exist in that episode.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                  Sci fi should not challenge our religious beliefs, it should expand our ideas amd spur our imagination, but not try to change our mind on what we believe in.
                  Uh, no. SciFi should challenge as many of our beliefs as possible. It's up to you whether you want to change your mind as a result of that or not; same with every single thing that is out there that is not under your control. They all challenge your beliefs; I'm doing so right now; such is the nature of reality.

Hmmm...now I want them to make Jesus an Ancient, just for the lolz

Comment

A few things:

Is that why it seems the governments can never get anything done?
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Antreas View Post
                      I am a strong believing Christian and all...but I ain't gonna let this bother me. Besides, I feel what will happen to 'that' character isn't gonna exploit or 'slap Christianity in the face', but instead embrace it in a specific character. I know you said it bothers you MD, but too be honest you shouldn't let it bother you. You believe what you believe. You know what you know. Hold that strong. That's all you need to do.

On tonight's blog by JM...

I like the set of Homeworld Command. Now, is that where the I.O.A, etc. will operate? Obviously it would be the place for Homeworld Security, but I wonder if the I.O.A will be there as well or they will have their own place. Hmm...I like the idea of the Homeworld Command though.
                      hey bro thanks for the encouragement. I do stand strong in what I believe, but I would be bummed. Stargate has made good choices regarding how they tackle religious choices, just if they did something outright and blatant( like pandora or jel or me suggested they might do) would dampen my opinion of them and would be a big bummer.

Thanks again though!!!
                      Major D. Davis
                      sigpic

Comment

That would would be so cool...but I really doubt if they do it.
                        sigpic

Comment

TPTB: "We did it for the lulz."

Also, I totally didn't notice that New Zealand was missing from that map
                          Sig by Pandora's Box
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                            TPTB: "We did it for the lulz."

Also, I totally didn't notice that New Zealand was missing from that map
                            I didn't either until PG mentioned it...PG!!! WHY!? Now, every time I see that image, I am gonna think about missing New Zealand. The horror!

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                            and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

In the Stargate universe, the Lord of the Rings movies were never made.

Comment

In the Stargate universe, the Lord of the Rings movies were never made.
                                That is a lie. See Critical Mass.
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X