Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    My beliefs are not up for topic and something I refuse to talk about on the open forum. I just know how the social data usually plays. Most people don't care if their beliefs are painted in negative light since it is fiction after all. Its the minority extremes we hear about that always paint a religion in a bad lights
    You mean minority extremes like the hard-core Jesus freaks.

Oh and I don't mean to whine on this forum, I'm just concerned.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
      You mean minority extremes like the hard-core Jesus freaks.

Oh and I don't mean to whine on this forum, I'm just concerned.
      I wouldn't use those term exactally but the average Christian say for example isn't going to whine about his/her beliefs being portrayed in negative way. He/she will watch it for what it is. A piece of fiction
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

My beliefs are not up for topic and something I refuse to talk about on the open forum. I just know how the social data usually plays. Most people don't care if their beliefs are painted in negative light since it is fiction after all. Its the minority extremes we hear about that always paint a religion in a bad lights
        LOL the soul destroyer is wiser than I thought. Wow I guess you have been around long enough to know how things play out when people say certain things. Guess that didn't stop you from accepting the name.. "Soul Destroyer"
        sigpic

Comment

LOL the soul destroyer is wiser than I thought. Wow I guess you have been around long enough to know how things play out when people say certain things. Guess that didn't stop you from accepting the name.. "Soul Destroyer"
          Any long term member will tell you that discussing religion or politics will end up into a bicker match which is why I make a policy to leave those matters to PM.
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Not really cause again it's basically saying the Judeo-Christian God didn't create the universe, other gods did. I mean as for the Ancient thing, it is a kinda pushing it cause I believe the Judeo-Christian God created the universe and life in the Universe. However the Ancients were just in one galaxy. So in a ways I really don't like it... however it's not blantantly saying, Christianity is fake.(Cause if they made Jesus an ancient in the show, it basically would be saying that).

Hope that helps.
            I understand, but that's like saying the show can't say anything that contradicts what you believe in, despite the fact that a lot of people believe a lot of different things...

I should probably stop talking. Religion is a sure-fire way to rile up debate, and I don't want to get started because it won't stay within the confines of Stargate. I do respect your opinion, a lot more than some of the other people I've seen on forums like this who really take their religion to the extreme and won't have a word said that contradicts it. For someone relatively young you did post your concerns in a more mature way than a lot of others might have...

Comment

I go away for a bit...and a religious war ensues!
              sigpic

Comment

Any long term member will tell you that discussing religion or politics will end up into a bicker match which is why I make a policy to leave those matters to PM.
                What Jelgate said. It happens no matter where you go, it tends to be a hot topic.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                  What Jelgate said. It happens no matter where you go, it tends to be a hot topic.
                  I agree
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                    Add in homosexuality and you get the trifecta, of topic that will end in tears!

Comment

So some of the new stuff people haven't talka bout yet
                      Spoiler:
                      It's confirmed it's the luscian alliance attacking the base, how do people feel about this? Also sounds like there's going to be a mega battle in 'Air', I have missed my big ship battles

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                        Add in homosexuality and you get the trifecta, of topic that will end in tears!
                        I tend to group homosexuality in with ethics.. Its usually Religion, politics, or ethics for the trifecta. But ethics is on the fence as it can either way.
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          It's confirmed it's the luscian alliance attacking the base, how do people feel about this? Also sounds like there's going to be a mega battle in 'Air', I have missed my big ship battles
                          I'm not sure, I didn't think they would be able to take on one of Earths cruisers, they must really put a lot into the attack. I'm looking forward to seeing the battle

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Spoiler:
                            I know i like thats its the luscian alliance and not some random aliens we may never see again it roots it in the franchise. What do people think about David Blue character almost winning a competition to become a stargate member a bit far fetch
                            sigpic
                            Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                            Metal gear fan

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Damn, I wished I didn't click this spoiler. X_x

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                              and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                                I go away for a bit...and a religious war ensues!
                                God!i hate when that happens!

Comment

Working...
                                X