Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang...

MGM tells me the Comic Con SGU sizzle reel won't go online due to various rights issues, but the trailer will. I'll let u kno when it's up.
    http://twitter.com/Syfy/status/2794447321

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      Awesome! Thanks PG!
      sigpic

Comment

Dang...
        Still...a trailer is cool. And isn't the "sizzle reel" just the little thing that was playing on the screen by the SG booth? The thing that Darren and David saw? Or is that the trailer?
        Sig by Pandora's Box
        sigpic

Comment

No idea, but twitter's a-flutter with praise for the sizzle reel.

Comment

No idea, but twitter's a-flutter with praise for the sizzle reel.
            That's awesome! I just hope the show is as aweseom as the sizzle!
            sigpic

Comment

Probably the trailer. OKKK IM getting worried I really need you guys help. I am putting this next thing in spoiler tags only for the uber spoiler sensitive, but it shouldn't reveal anything big.

According to David Read(who is at the con) there is a trailer and i

Spoiler:
              One shot shows Lt. Matthew Scott (Brian J. Smith) weary in the desert, where he sees what looks like a cross and the figure of Jesus on it, just before he crumbles to his knees.

I just am really scared that theyre going to say that Jesus was like an ancient in the show or something. And to a large amount of viewers, that would be insulting, like I believe Jesus died on the cross for my Sins so I won't spend an eternity in hell, I mean if TPTB make it like Jesus wasn't real and he was just an ancient(in the show), I(and probably a very many others) would consider it very insulting. I mean, imagine brodcasting a show in arabia, that claims Mohamad is a fraud. I mean, I hope it is only something to explore his character, I mean maybe he was a Christian, and thats what he has his faith in considering he is about to die. Please someone help clear this up for me, I'm actually starting to have doubts about SGU, especailly considering that article/review of the SGU stuff(saying it was uber sexual and stuff).
              Last edited by major davis; 23 July 2009, 11:39 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                Spoiler:
                One shot shows Lt. Matthew Scott (Brian J. Smith) weary in the desert, where he sees what looks like a cross and the figure of Jesus on it, just before he crumbles to his knees.
                That's an...interesting interpretation of what David said

My take was that:

Spoiler:
                He was delirious due to the desert heat, and saw a mirage and/or illusion.

Rest assured, you have nothing to fear. A multitude of arguments aside, TPTB are not stupid enough to criticize any mainstream religion to the extent of saying it's not true, especially Christianity given it is the most prevalent religion in North America (especially the US).

Furthermore, when have TPTB ever said implied anything about an Earth religion not being true? If anything, their precedent is either not mentioning it or granting it a pretty big level of respect.

Don't know if you saw all the speculation on this that we had last night, but our general consensus is that TPTB may just be exploring different and more in-depth avenues of faith.

Please someone help clear this up for me, I'm actually starting to have doubts about SGU, especailly considering that article/review of the SGU stuff(saying it was uber sexual and stuff).
                I think you're over-reacting, especially if you're taking that guy's comments to mean SGU will be uber sexual. From his other articles, he clearly has an anti-SGU bias.

I hope this helps.
                Sig by Pandora's Box
                sigpic

Comment

TPTB are smart enough to know that they can't say that Jesus was just a mortal man.....

The uproar from the militant 'Christians' in the USA would be too much for MGM, Syfy and Bridge studios to bear.

The same is said for Muslims....radical or not.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                    If SGU is "out there" like Farscape...I doubt if I'll be watching. It just wouldn't be stargate.
                    lol i wasnt saying it would be out there.i just thought id give an example that a show can be a good scifi show or good show in general but have sex....which farscape had but it never took away from the overall story.

Probably the trailer. OKKK IM getting worried I really need you guys help. I am putting this next thing in spoiler tags only for the uber spoiler sensitive, but it shouldn't reveal anything big.

Spoiler:

I just am really scared that theyre going to say that Jesus was like an ancient or something. And to a large amount of viewers, that would be insulting, like I believe Jesus died on the cross for my Sins so I won't spend an eternity in hell, I mean if TPTB make it like Jesus wasn't real and he was just an ancient, I(and probably a very many others) would consider it very insulting. I mean, imagine brodcasting a show in arabia, that claims Mohamad is a fake. I mean, I hope it is only something to explore his character, I mean maybe he was a Christian, and thats what he has his faith in considering he is about to die. Please someone help clear this up for me, I'm actually starting to have doubts about SGU, especailly considering that article/review of the SGU stuff(saying it was uber sexual and stuff).
                    i think you are just overreacting a bit....i doubt they will say jesus was an ancient.im sure it will be more exploring of scotts faith since.dont worry about that until we see the ep and then if it is wat you fear....rise up in outrage an or stop watching.its too early to tell wat it means...plus iv heard that guy who wrote the aticle saying it was all sex never has written a positive thing about sgu.

Comment

Spoiler:

I just am really scared that theyre going to say that Jesus was like an ancient or something. And to a large amount of viewers, that would be insulting, like I believe Jesus died on the cross for my Sins so I won't spend an eternity in hell, I mean if TPTB make it like Jesus wasn't real and he was just an ancient, I(and probably a very many others) would consider it very insulting. I mean, imagine brodcasting a show in arabia, that claims Mohamad is a fake. I mean, I hope it is only something to explore his character, I mean maybe he was a Christian, and thats what he has his faith in considering he is about to die. Please someone help clear this up for me, I'm actually starting to have doubts about SGU, especailly considering that article/review of the SGU stuff(saying it was uber sexual and stuff).
                      They would never do something like that a religion especially Christanity. Its the most practiced religion and doing so would probably alienate quite a bit of thier viewing audience. Usually not a good marketing move. It sounds more like the pressure gets to him and Scott begins to hallucinate
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Spoiler:

It's obvious tptb AREN'T going to make any modern day religious figure an Ancient. Not that it should matter, it's a TV show. People shouldn't get so insulted by it, if they did show him as an Ancient, it isn't even criticism of the religion. Anyway, if God does exist, and that is a big if in my eyes, he would be by all definitions, an alien.

Comment

I just am really scared that theyre going to say that Jesus was like an ancient or something.
                          I would not worry about that they would never do something like that
                          sigpic
                          Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                          Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                            That's an...interesting interpretation of what David said

My take was that:

Spoiler:
                            He was delirious due to the desert heat, and saw a mirage and/or illusion.

Rest assured, you have nothing to fear. A multitude of arguments aside, TPTB are not stupid enough to criticize any mainstream religion to the extent of saying it's not true, especially Christianity given it is the most prevalent religion in North America (especially the US).

Furthermore, when have TPTB ever said implied anything about an Earth religion not being true? If anything, their precedent is either not mentioning it or granting it a pretty big level of respect.

Don't know if you saw all the speculation on this that we had last night, but our general consensus is that TPTB may just be exploring different and more in-depth avenues of faith.

I think you're over-reacting, especially if you're taking that guy's comments to mean SGU will be uber sexual. From his other articles, he clearly has an anti-SGU bias.

I hope this helps.
                            Yeah it does, I was just overreacting a bit, just a little concerned. I guess it would just be plain stupid to do that. Ok thats cool. Oh and I will go back and read your posts but what do you mean by exploring in-depth avenues of faith????
                            sigpic

Comment

The "trailer" seems to be what is playing at the booth, and that will be made available online (soon). That's what we're talking about now -- it's about 6 and a half minutes long.

The "sizzle reel" is what is playing exclusively at the panel on Friday morning, and will NOT be put online.

The concern over sexing-up Stargate ... is silly. It is going to be more adult than previous incarnations of the franchise, which is nothing new to anyone. A show focused on characters and their interrelations means there had better be some sexual (and religious!) themes. But the presence of kissing in the trailer is not worth getting worried about ...

Spoiler:
                              Spoiler-readers, remember that Ancient long-range communications device? Remember how it works? Remember who has left loved-ones back home on Earth? I don't think that Tamara kissing someone is tantamount to everyone on the show 'hooking up.'
                              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Yeah it does, I was just overreacting a bit, just a little concerned. I guess it would just be plain stupid to do that. Ok thats cool. Oh and I will go back and read your posts but what do you mean by exploring in-depth avenues of faith????
                                Go ahead and read the other posts we had in a discussion last night on this, it'll really highlight what I mean by that.
                                Sig by Pandora's Box
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X