Violence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Violence?

I just watched Subversion (I'm watching this show randomly), and I'm more than a little bit surprised at the violence. I watched the Hunt before and it almost seemed like a SG-1/SGA episode with a darker tone, but this was waay different.

What's going on, is the whole show like this? It's not really Stargate anymore.

I wish the writer took a little bit more responsibility. It seems to have become a thing to take family shows and turn them into something darker. Isn't it obvious that kids will want to continue watching their favorite series... even if it stops being a family show?
    The same thing happened in Doctor Who when Torchwood showed up.

O'Neill sanctioning the torture of Telford, even though in reality they're beating up Rush? Hello? What happened to the nice Jack O'Neill?

This really great rolemodel, who has always defended the right, is now turning a blind eye and to someone ruthlessly beating up an "innocent" person?

How's that different from what Kiva was doing? Except for that fact that her method was more effective?

Would he have done that if it was Daniel? He's probably wouldn't even have done that even if it was Maybourne.

Yeah, the Jack in SGU was not the same as Jack in SG-1. I didn't like the downward slide with the ethics in SGU, although I really like SGU overall.

Comment

Working...
    X