DVD has main menu problems !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD has main menu problems !!!!

Okay, this could only be for the lot number or whatever of the DVD I personally bought at best-buy. However, in all three of my DVD machines of different brand names the main menu has no marker or underlining of the menu options. You can't tell where you are in the menu. If you just hit enter you play the movie. If you hit right arrow and then enter you play the movie with all the "previously on" scenes before it. And finally you most count your hits on the down button to get to audio set-up, scene index, and special features. No on screen visual indicator of where you are in the menu at all. Now when you go to the special features menu it has a yellow line underlining your choice.

Since I've tried in in three different DVD machines all of different brands I am thoroughly convinced it's a problem with the programing on the disk. Someone simply forgot to put a visual indicator into the main menu program code. Has anyone else run across this batch of discs --- Are they all that way ????? What the heck kind of cheap sh*t is this !!!!!

Other then that, love the movie. Seemed like things wrapped up a little too quick -- but then again I'm used to the series and they only had an hour and a half of time for the movie. One plot hole that was blatently ovious is managed to hike across that rugged mountain range in pretty quick order while the Replicators were trying to take over the ship. Only way I figure you can plug that plot hole is if you say that the assended ancient lady which was helping them out put him in a time dilation bubble so that while it took him days to hike through those mountains it was only minutes in the rest of the time line. With ony about 15 seconds of dialog between her and Tealc' they could have nailed that patch into the plot hole no problem right from the beginning in the script.

I think you have a defective DVD. I had no such problem. If you have a proof of purchase, you can return it for a proper DVD. I bought mine at Best Buy too.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I've played my DVD on two different players and have had no such problems. I can clearly see which option I'm choosing. Have you exchanged the disc at the store yet?
      sigpic

Jaffa Kree!

Comment

I ordered my copy from Creation Entertainment and have already played the disc on my main DVD player, my portable DVD player, and my desktop. My portable DVD player has the exact problem that you mentioned, but my other players work just fine. I suppose it's just one of those things that is far too wonderful for me to understand. Or something like that.

Comment

I havent had any problems with it
          Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

if you have any problems with DVD, I suggest you should do this
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
              Why are you doing this?

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
                Why are you doing this?

because I'm evil person

OMG, I wasn't serious. You should calm down. Thanks for that red, I don't understand why you did it. I think you have some serious problem
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

You got red for that. That was hilarious
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    You got red for that. That was hilarious
                    of course, it was. And it was only a joke
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

Wow no way u got red for that? But that's just so funny!!!

Comment

People with too much money...

If the DVD doesn't work, just return it and get an exchange. Your DVD is probably broken.

And if you don't like Vista, give it to your friend or something. Shredding it doesn't solve anything.

Comment

Does it do the same in your PC?

Comment

I so totally agree with that guy when it comes to VISTA!!!

Comment

Yes, it does it even if I use the computer.

I'm going to exchange it tomorrow at best-buy. I'm just hoping that it's just the one disk and not a whole batch of bad ones and I will be exchanging it for another one of the same batch.

Comment

Working...
                              X