Ra's cameo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ra's cameo

Did you pick up on Ra's cameo in the movie? After I watched it, I went online to figure out who the unkown Goa'uld was. Imagine my surprise when I read that it was suppose to be Ra. How is anyone suppose to know that's Ra? Further, Ra was the Supreme System Lord up until his death at the hand of O'Neill and Jackson. In the alternate timeline presented in the movie, Ba'al overthrew Ra as Supreme System Lord. You'd think that if Ra were to be included, he'd have a larger role, no? Personally, I'd rather he'd either be left out or given a larger role. At the very least, if all we're going to get is a cameo, at least give him some dialogue and a juicy scene with Ba'al and Qetesh.

I must say I missed Ra's appearance completely so I guess you're right...
    sigpic

Comment

Yea i saw it. I would imagine Ra would have been a little pissed that Earth had ended up so populated considering he was the one who found Earth.

I think his inclusion was to show how powerful Ba'al had become, he had brought the supreme system lord to serve him, so he must have been pretty powerful.

Comment

Interesting...I didn't know Ra was even in the movie.
        sigpic

Comment

I noticed him and he was mentioned in the DVD's extras. The fact that Ra didn't get to talk at all showed how big his fall was from Supreme System Lord to Ba'al's goon.
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
            At the very least, if all we're going to get is a cameo, at least give him some dialogue and a juicy scene with Ba'al and Qetesh.
            But then it's not really a cameo anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
              I noticed him and he was mentioned in the DVD's extras. The fact that Ra didn't get to talk at all showed how big his fall was from Supreme System Lord to Ba'al's goon.
              But I'm sure he wasn't portrayed by the same actor.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                But I'm sure he wasn't portrayed by the same actor.
                He was played by the same actor who played Ra in Moebius.
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                  He was played by the same actor who played Ra in Moebius.
                  Ah...Oklie Doklie.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OutandAboot View Post
                    But then it's not really a cameo anymore.
                    Not necessarily. Look at Apophis's cameo. I just think something akin to that would have been better for Ra, the Supreme System Lord, prior to Ba'al's arrival in 1939 (from 2008).

Comment

Which scene was this that he was in?

Comment

When several Goa'uld address Ba'al in his big throne chamber. The Goa'uld farthest to the left, the only one we don't recognize, that's Ra.

Comment

Did Ra have any symbol on him to identify him?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                            Did Ra have any symbol on him to identify him?
                            Not really, but he was wearing the same robe he'd been wearing in Moebius. Apparently the Goa'uld have superior fabric that lasts centuries... Also, unlike the others he's wearing a ribbon device on both hands, in both Continuum and Moebius.

On FFnet or AO3

Comment

It might be him.. but i would have loved something official to ensure it was him.

Comment

Working...
                              X