Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photo in Cam 's locker at the End... (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VSS View Post
    I think that was the 2008 Ba'al he killed. There was another Ba'al running around the universe in 1932 who didn't even know Earth was much of a threat. If he remembered it at all. Until he captured Jack O'Neill in 1992, which was kind of a career-ending move.
    Ok that's sort of what I thought. I've only seen each episode of SG1 once, and each movie once (don't get me wrong, I saw them all very recently).
    But yeah, silly Ba'al!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
    MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

I bet he just remained isolated somewhere in Europe, as it would be in a state of chaos in WWII.

Comment

Originally posted by Hermiiod View Post
        Exactly, the only reason he did not dissapear with Tealc and Vala was because he was in the wormhole with Sam and Daniel at the time. Although that has always bothered me because Tealc, Vala and the city all should have dissapeared at the exact same time.
        Not to the best of my knowledge. Your requirement that they all disappear at the exact same time would require that time and causality be instantaneous across a broad expanse of space, which is not how we believe they operate. It’s these same principles that lend at least a modicum of credence to the fact, as prior events are undone, its causality would be undone at a different rate. However, truthfully, unless one agrees with the theory of multiverse, or we derive some new level of understanding of quantum mechanics beyond our current level (for that there is always hope according to my old profs!) time travel, and its postulated effects allow for any interpretation the writer desires....

In this episode, the writers interpretation is that as a result of Ba'al's meddling, events in the Jaffa/Ga'ould space transpired differently - the premise would be that as each impact amended, its causality would amend outward (actually forward although not necessarily in a linear fashion) in a ripple, best described as akin to a wavefront. None of this would be instantaneous although we, in reality, lack a basis for determining how it would occur so postulating it in successions as the writers did is likely as credible a way to portray it as any.

---------------------
        sigpic
        Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

Originally posted by Ilana View Post
          When he went back to the old farm house... who do you think the Hendersons were...and why were there a pic of Grandfather Mitchell there??????
          That was Cam remembering what was there in the original timeline

Anyway, the timeline(s) of Stargate can be explained by this very simple diagram courtesy of PG15;

Spoiler:
          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

I'll have to study that later, without jet-lag, but thanks for that...and all the answers!

Comment

I'm sorry I didn't have time to read through and look and see of anyone had said this, but isn't it impossible to have two of the same person in one universe? Anyone remembering "Point of View"? Cam would have had to been dead by the time he was born to prevent "increasing the entropy" as Carter put it. And having one of them die.

Comment

Originally posted by D-aria View Post
                I'm sorry I didn't have time to read through and look and see of anyone had said this, but isn't it impossible to have two of the same person in one universe? Anyone remembering "Point of View"? Cam would have had to been dead by the time he was born to prevent "increasing the entropy" as Carter put it. And having one of them die.
                That was because that Carter crossed over from a different universe.

In this instance, Mitchell just went back in time within his own universe, like SG1 did in 1969. Jack didn't die because there would have been two of him existing in that episode (adult Jack and a younger man Jack).

Also, back-in-time Mitchell may or may not have been alive by the time he was born in 1970, but I only mention that as an aside- entropy wouldn't come into play in this case regardless of back-in-time Mitchell being alive or not.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                  That was because that Carter crossed over from a different universe.

In this instance, Mitchell just went back in time within his own universe, like SG1 did in 1969. Jack didn't die because there would have been two of him existing in that episode (adult Jack and a younger man Jack).

Also, back-in-time Mitchell may or may not have been alive by the time he was born in 1970, but I only mention that as an aside- entropy wouldn't come into play in this case regardless of back-in-time Mitchell being alive or not.
                  Huh yeah that makes sense. Gets kinda confusing after so many episodes.

Comment

The real problem is that there were two Daniels for that year or so that the team was in the AU. AU Sam was dead, AU Cam didn't exist- but Daniel called himself on the phone!

When Daniel was in the AU of TBFtGoG he wasn't there very long before his alternate self was killed (somewhere in Egypt), and in TRE Carter said the timelines were very similar. Therefore there was no entropic cascade in either of those situations.

The timelines in Continuum weren't very similar, IMHO, and there were two Daniels for a very long time. I think Daniel should have experienced an entropic cascade- though I'm glad he didn't!

Comment

Originally posted by Hermiiod View Post
                      I thought that after Cameron killed Ba'al who was trying to sink the ship, he would have killed himself or gone into complete isolation just to prevent himself from messing up time again. He only needed the one grandfather (the captain) to set things right again anyways -- and seeing how perfect the timeline was in the end (how not-messed up it was), I can only assume that Cameron Mitchell did absolutely nothing to change it after killing Ba'al. This, in my opinion could only happen if he was out of the equation for the next 50 years -- thus: either he killed himself, or was in complete isolation.
                      I like the complete isolation idea better....

Originally posted by Ilana View Post
                      When he went back to the old farm house... who do you think the Hendersons were...and why were there a pic of Grandfather Mitchell there??????
                      He owned the farm before the Hendersons, I think.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      i would imagine that our cam, after killing ba'al and the jaffa, 'sanitized' the scene, likely pushing the corpses out the side of the ship.

things could have played out a couple of ways. he killed his grandfather (presuming that his father had already been born or if this is when grandpa died the first time), killed the first mate and then vanished himself

or

more likely they got the first mate and grandpa to stick to a cover story, cam then likely played a 'national security for the good of the war' card, swore both men to complete and total silence and then vanished, likely changing his name and using the chaos of WWII era to disappear.

It was a lot easier then to vanish, no computers, no real fingerprints, no databases, a simple set of new ID cards and you are someone else
                      Lets go with the "or" part!
                      sigpic

Comment

Wait a second! I just got the weirdest idea of all. What if alternate Mitchell somehow got rid of his grandfather, then he himself could have married his grandfmother and then be his own grandfather? THE WEIRDEST PARADOX EVER. Be his own grandfather
                        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                          Wait a second! I just got the weirdest idea of all. What if alternate Mitchell somehow got rid of his grandfather, then he himself could have married his grandfmother and then be his own grandfather? THE WEIRDEST PARADOX EVER. Be his own grandfather
                          In a time paradox... wouldn't that have always happened? so the person he would be getting rid of... would be himself right?

So when he married his grandmother? he wouldn't be his grandfather... but his father?

I just confused myself.

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                            But he didn't get rid of his Grandfather...and that'd be sortta gross
                            sigpic

Comment

I'd like to think that alternate Mitchell moved to a far off country (one hardly involved in the Stargate program, England or Australia probably), and he probably tried to live as a hermit, but quickly got caught up in his new life and perhaps raised a family that lived in mediocrity, effecting only things that were never brought up all through the Stargate saga.

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzocoetl View Post
                                I'd like to think that alternate Mitchell moved to a far off country (one hardly involved in the Stargate program, England or Australia probably), and he probably tried to live as a hermit, but quickly got caught up in his new life and perhaps raised a family that lived in mediocrity, effecting only things that were never brought up all through the Stargate saga.
                                Sounds like a plausable idea...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X