Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Jumper. I wondered why there was so little Jack and did feel quite cheated at the way his role was hyped in the promos and his actual role. It made no sense from a story POV, so unavailability makes sense.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
      Hey I just saw Amazon's DVDs/BluRay total sales rankings for 2008.

Continuum was #6!
      Out of ALL titles sold for the year? That's outstanding as it didn't have a box office take to go along WITH those numbers.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
        Out of ALL titles sold for the year? That's outstanding as it didn't have a box office take to go along WITH those numbers.
        Yes. There was a bunch of Batman stuff ahead of it, but I didn't really pay much attention to it.

Comment

Did anyone notice that at the very end of the closing credits it says 2 people died making this movie? Apparently there was some kind of accident involving the submarine that was under the Arctic ice cap. Does anyone have more info. about this?

Comment

Sorry, my last post was inaccurate. The submarine accident occurred around the same time as the filming of Continuum was but not related to it. You can see the news article here:

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.js...81474976953170

Comment

I don't think they died making the movie. They died on a british sub, the HMS Tireless in the artic at the same time the film wa being filmed.

Here's a wiki link with ome information:
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Tireless_(S88)
              sigpic
              Banner By JME2

Comment

really wow
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                  Just watched this in BD HD and it looks and sounds awesome.
                  Length was good and well paced. Never a dull moment.

But...

It was a time travel story and it all gets reset to near zero at the end.
                  What a waste of time. No one is a friend; Hammond, Jack, Hayes, Landry all act like strangers...

And Ba'al...

If it was the Ba'al that died at the end; why do we assume the host is innocent and not a willing servant. Did he get his style from the goauld?

Stan

P.S. More please
                  Second viewing... hate this even more... I have spent the last few days watching some Atlantis and Stargate episodes... You have all these characters SG-1, Dr. Lee, Kavanagh, Landry, Walter coming and going... Continuum is just not part of that. It all never happened. I so hope there are more non-time travel to come. Universe: in a way I will miss all of the established stuff, if they really are stuck in th middle of nowhere.

Comment

I don't dislike the occasional time travel story. This one had some very interesting aspects, such as the moral implications of changing the timeline, as well as some really nice character monents for the whole team. It's also the only way we were able to see something of Qetesh, which was fun. Claudia Black did a wonderful Job portraying her. And being a show to which the military is willing to lend a nuclear sub? Priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                      I don't dislike the occasional time travel story. This one had some very interesting aspects, such as the moral implications of changing the timeline, as well as some really nice character monents for the whole team. It's also the only way we were able to see something of Qetesh, which was fun. Claudia Black did a wonderful Job portraying her. And being a show to which the military is willing to lend a nuclear sub? Priceless.
                      Watched it again last night and I totally agree. It was a good movie. I like time travel stories, as long as the way the characters have been altered aren't relentlessly rammed down our throats, and this one delivered.
                      It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                      --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Catsmeow writes: [...] “And along more fannish lines… 3. In the movie Continuum, after Carter, Mitchell and Daniel wind up in the altered timeline and are separated - do you really think the three of them obeyed the proscription against contact? Or do you think before they were separated they devised some clever & subtle ways to contact each other?”

AT: I think they are brilliant enough to have devised a way to stay in contact.
                        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...our-questions/
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Thankfully, what Amanda Tapping thinks is irrelevant...

Comment

Oh, by now, the actors have a bit of a say in some things regarding their characters.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                              Second viewing... hate this even more... I have spent the last few days watching some Atlantis and Stargate episodes... You have all these characters SG-1, Dr. Lee, Kavanagh, Landry, Walter coming and going... Continuum is just not part of that. It all never happened. I so hope there are more non-time travel to come. Universe: in a way I will miss all of the established stuff, if they really are stuck in th middle of nowhere.
                              In general, I love time travel stories, but I also must admit that this was not the place for it if they were going to use the big reset button, which they don't always do in time travel. Although I understand they wanted a film that actually didn't incorporate all the history that you mention- they chose for it to be more of a stand-alone film. But for long-time fans it was, in the end, fun to watch but disappointing in terms of character development. Which, when you don't get to see them every week anymore, is something a lot of us would really like to see.

For me it was kind of frustrating to see O'Neill again but not come away knowing anything about what he's been up to for the last several years. That was a waste of precious screen time, IMHO. I bought the movie way back when but it's not going to be one I pop into the player over and over, because except for Ba'al dying, it's largely irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                                Thankfully, what Amanda Tapping thinks is irrelevant...
                                Yes... because if Sam had figured out a way to contact, say... Daniel when the Goa'uld attacked Earth that would just be ridiculous.
                                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Working...
                                X