Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched this in BD HD and it looks and sounds awesome.
    Length was good and well paced. Never a dull moment.

But...

It was a time travel story and it all gets reset to near zero at the end.
    What a waste of time. No one is a friend; Hammond, Jack, Hayes, Landry all act like strangers...

And Ba'al...

If it was the Ba'al that died at the end; why do we assume the host is innocent and not a willing servant. Did he get his style from the goauld?

Stan

P.S. More please
    Last edited by Stan; 17 October 2008, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Anybody else notice this at their local Blockbuster? I happened to wander around for the first time in a long time-and the sticker on the movie read "youth restricted"??? anybody else find that odd?
      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
        Anybody else notice this at their local Blockbuster? I happened to wander around for the first time in a long time-and the sticker on the movie read "youth restricted"??? anybody else find that odd?
        No idea myself we don't have stickers like that here.

Anyone know what that means?
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
          Perhaps for that whole "Que'tesh skewers Ba'al" scene. Also, the beheading of Apophis.

Comment

So they can watch MTV but not Continuum? Hahahha, those censorship people need to gather around and jump in the Niagara Falls.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
              So they can watch MTV but not Continuum? Hahahha, those censorship people need to gather around and jump in the Niagara Falls.
              The movie is unrated, they probably have nothing to do with it.

Comment

The movie is rated 12 in the UK
                Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Prolly all that hot sticky CGI .

Comment

Question: What exactly WERE Ba'al's final instructions? I doubt he told Teal'C about the true nature of the time facility and, knowing Ba'al, his final failsafe would be to find some way to prevent his death in the first place. So... Exactly what was Teal'C supposed to do? Just blow the place up so no one else could use it? That's a bit banal. The old 'bomb linked to my vital signs via subspace' trick would have worked just as well.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                      Question: What exactly WERE Ba'al's final instructions? I doubt he told Teal'C about the true nature of the time facility and, knowing Ba'al, his final failsafe would be to find some way to prevent his death in the first place. So... Exactly what was Teal'C supposed to do? Just blow the place up so no one else could use it? That's a bit banal. The old 'bomb linked to my vital signs via subspace' trick would have worked just as well.
                      Avenge his death and to make sure nobody plays with his toys. It was a bit ...'rusty'

Comment

Did anyone else find it odd that Apophis was the one who opposed Baal even though in the show Yu was the one who went against the system lords to oppose both Anubis and Baal?

Comment

I didn't think it was odd. Those Gou'ould will support each other at one time and then turn around and stab each other in the back at another.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Apophis was the one who lasted the longest without losing too many ships or Jaffa, I suppose. He's the stubborn Goa'uld. The others didn't willing go over to Ba'al's side, their Jaffa turned on them and Ba'al used the whole advanced technology thing to edge them out. They had no choice but to serve him. Of course, they only gave as much loyalty as Ba'al could enforce.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

But Yu was the least megalomaniac and deceptive of the Goa'uld. He was taking a huge risk in going against Anubis and Baal. He was fighting Baal to the end. Apophis on the other hand has shown the willingness to at least feign loyalty to get what he wants.

Comment

Still slime tho .

Comment

Working...
                                X