Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only Mitchell went through the gate, therefore he was the only one who existed the in the altered timeline (i.e. the rectified timeline, thanks to his actions). Everything that Ba'al changed was undone, but only Mitchell was affected, because he went back.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
      Only Mitchell went through the gate, therefore he was the only one who existed the in the altered timeline (i.e. the rectified timeline, thanks to his actions). Everything that Ba'al changed was undone, but only Mitchell was affected, because he went back.

Ah time travel..... it give me headach
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        Ah time travel..... it give me headach
        You are not alone in this...

Ever since I saw 1969, I have kind of thought that Stargate would have been better off staying away from time travel. It just opens up an industrial sized can of temporal worms.

Continuum's temporal mechanics are as bad as any other time travel in Stargate, but the story and performances are what make it so fun, I think.
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I still don't get how after being killed at the time machine they still appear at the end of the movie at the ceremony and then gate home..... Didn't everyone including Carter get shot
          Did you miss something? The whole purpose of SG-1 using the time machine at the end was so Mitchell could go back in time and stop Ba'al from altering the timeline by stopping the gate from getting to America. Once Mitchell had shot Ba'al, the timeline was reset back to how it should've been, so the whole events of the movie never happened. Therefore, all of the characters are alive again.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John W View Post
            Once Mitchell had shot Ba'al, the timeline was reset back to how it should've been, so the whole events of the movie never happened.
            Well, technically, if you want to be accurate, it's a brand new timeline that simply happens to be extremely similar to the 'original', which has likely ceased to exist, the main changes being the addition of an extra Cameron Mitchell appearing eight decades early, and the subtraction of a circle of metal in the side of the Achilles. Love to know how that got explained away without altering the timeline.

But that's only technically.

*evil laugh*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John W View Post
              Did you miss something? The whole purpose of SG-1 using the time machine at the end was so Mitchell could go back in time and stop Ba'al from altering the timeline by stopping the gate from getting to America. Once Mitchell had shot Ba'al, the timeline was reset back to how it should've been, so the whole events of the movie never happened. Therefore, all of the characters are alive again.

Ah......... Time travel gives me headaches

I just hope the LHC doesn't give scientists any clues about time travel.

Comment

time travel takes awhile to get use to and even then it does get boring after 2 times. besides the time travel thing this is an ok episode
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                  Well, technically, if you want to be accurate, it's a brand new timeline that simply happens to be extremely similar to the 'original', which has likely ceased to exist, the main changes being the addition of an extra Cameron Mitchell appearing eight decades early, and the subtraction of a circle of metal in the side of the Achilles. Love to know how that got explained away without altering the timeline.

But that's only technically.

*evil laugh*
                  LoL. Interesting thought. And why the ship didn't sink ? I guess it was the nice season, with little waves.

No, seriously. Very good movie. I loved it. I liked both of the movies. And I like Martin Woods' ways of directing, very 'fluid' (if this word exist). And his commentaries are always interesting...

And for the first time, Daniel said *** a gross word ! Well, I guess it was justified ! Very emotional scene.

Awesome special effects, great performances as always, very good writing, directing (the first scene at the base was excellent), etc.

And of course, I admire the courage of those who went to the Arctic (I know I could not, I'm always chilly). And the submarine and F15(??)'s scenes were just great.

SG1 definitly the best series EVER in the history of SF ! LOL too much ?

Comment

What bad word did Daniel use? I don't think I heard that on my DVD

Comment

Every time I view this movie, I come away liking it even more. I can't wait to see what they have in store for us in the third movie.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

What bad word did Daniel use? I don't think I heard that on my DVD
                        sh*t
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

just saw it last nigt it was great. i still need to see AOT.........but i'm still confused......is the real ba'al dead in our timeline, or not???? and his time machine was only destroyed in the alternate timeline.........

and it seems like the only reason that they made daniel curse was because they could.....
                          Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                          sigpic

Comment

Ba'al (the symbiote) was killed at the end of the movie. The Tok'ra extracted him from the host and then killed him by shattering the tube he was in.

The host (I call him Bill!) survived, hence why Vala wanted to help him, since she had undergone the procedure herself when Quetesh was removed a few years earlier.
                            sigpic

Comment

Bill as you call him is most likely dead. He has gone through sarchapgus way too much
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

He seemed alright when we last saw him. He woke-up and was moving when Vala went over to help him.

Speaking of which, I'd really been expecting more to that part of the story. It would've been nice if the host had spoken to SG-1 about everything he's been put through, what his name was, what he was doing when he was taken as a host etc. After all, they did that with Apophis in "Serpent's Song".
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X