Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

absolutely loved this movie. cant stop watching it, hahah. far better than the Ark Of Truth in my opinion. it was just so... stargatey. the opening scene, of the walk around the SGC was nicely done, it was a good way to introduce the movie, seeing the SGC personelle going about their duties. seeing the old faces (ie. major davis) smart way to introduce the movie.

Something about Michael Shanks, when he said "Oh sh*t!" it felt like a movie. i mean you'd never hear that in an episode.
    i loved the music when Mitchell and Carter were walking along the ice.

the splitscreen scene with mitchell, carter and daniel trying to exlpain everything was really good. And AT Landry going nuts, great acting by Bridges.

i loved how the whole movie built up to an epic last half hour. Qetesh murdering Ba'al, was a great twist. (quite cool how ba'al split in half, haha) William DeVane was great as President Hayes, when the command bunker was under attack his acting was great. he gave it a movie feel i think. great seeing Don S. Davis again, however it was somewhat sad.

the scene with mitchel, daniel, carter and teal'c fighting off Qetesh's jaffa in the time machine room, was pretty darn good. and naturally.. Daniel had to die. that shocked me a little. i kinda saw carter dying next though. the music in this scene was great, especially when mitchell was making a break for the gate.

all in all, one of my favourite stargate storylines ever. the acting was great by the main characters, the old faces, even if they were cameos, played a great role. Cliff Simon was great was Ba'al. loved the line "..or was it just off the top of your head!" and having O'Neill back was great, his role was too big to seem like they just wanted to have him on screen. id give the movie 9 out of 10. as far as im aware, theres a third movie on the way. cant wait for that.

"what did you just say?"
    "we're American's please shoot the people chasing us"
    "There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind"

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
    O'Neill: Yes. Yes it did.
    Woolsey: What does that mean?
    O'Neill: Something exploded...

sigpic

Comment

Also, didn't they have to gate to a specific planet so that their path would intersect the right solar flare and take them back at the right point in time? If that was the case then Mitchell would have had to find his way back to Earth from another planet in 1929. It seems that if he had used the stargate that he would have risked changing the timeline again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayla View Post
        Also, didn't they have to gate to a specific planet so that their path would intersect the right solar flare and take them back at the right point in time? If that was the case then Mitchell would have had to find his way back to Earth from another planet in 1929. It seems that if he had used the stargate that he would have risked changing the timeline again.
        But they were on another planet, and gating to Earth, so the solar flare worked the way it should have.

And yes, Mitchell had to live a very circumspect life once he arrived -- never marrying, etc., so as to not change history again.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

it was just so... stargatey.
          Indeed. Fantastically, wonderfully stargatey.

the scene with mitchel, daniel, carter and teal'c fighting off Qetesh's jaffa in the time machine room, was pretty darn good. and naturally.. Daniel had to die. that shocked me a little.
          Y'know, you'd think that would be less of a punch in the gut after all these times, but it just isn't... And Sam dying is just... really awful.

Comment

Continuum - Movie Web: Video - Brad Wright Interview:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....45&postcount=1

Stargate: Continuum - Movie Web: Video: Ben Browder Interview

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....68&postcount=1

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

One thing I liked about the movie was Ba'al's time machine. It wasn't really a time machine. He has just learned how to predict solar flare and the effect on the wormhole
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Agreed. That was a clever idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                  One thing that I have to wonder about is Yu. With his degeneration so severe in Season 8 that his First Prime did most of the speaking for him and he confused Ba'al with Anubis ("New Order"), why would Ba'al keep him around? He's essentially dead weight.
                  I was wondering the same thing. Maybe like how Jack's son was still alive, Yu somehow didn't become senile.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    One thing I liked about the movie was Ba'al's time machine. It wasn't really a time machine. He has just learned how to predict solar flare and the effect on the wormhole
                    I liked that set. They did a good job of staying consistent with how time travel usually worked in the series.
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Agreed about Ba'al's time machine.

I think the wormhole made by the Team when they traveled to the Arctic did make a hole in the ice - we see the effects in the large "icehole" (Shanks' word) formed in the ice when they arrive.

Unless we're talking about another hole?

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                      O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

I said
                        Originally Posted by prion
                        This was a much better movie than AOT. Yes, thank god, no more friggin' replicators!

Anyway, one question, which is probably obvious but... okay, Mitchell kills Baal as he comes through th gate. At that point the timeline should have been rectified and shouldn't Mitchell have just vanished?? Or did that Mitchell keep on living? Somewhere on Earth, working at the local NAPA store??
                        Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                        yup
                        Wow, that really sucks for MItchell then. STuck on Earth, unable to do any job of consequence, never marrying, etc. so he doesn't muck up the timeline...

Comment

Wow, that really sucks for MItchell then. STuck on Earth, unable to do any job of consequence, never marrying, etc. so he doesn't muck up the timeline...
                          In his interview that was posted after the release, Brad Wright was asked about Mitchell. He said that you know from the picture that Michell was OK, but that he led a very circumspect life so as not to alter the timeline.
                          That's quite a sacrifice. Of course, the rest of the team all died, which is arguably worse...

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                            In his interview that was posted after the release, Brad Wright was asked about Mitchell. He said that you know from the picture that Michell was OK, but that he led a very circumspect life so as not to alter the timeline.
                            That's quite a sacrifice. Of course, the rest of the team all died, which is arguably worse...
                            Also consider: There he was, on the cusp of WWII and not being able to help out.

Comment

There he was, on the cusp of WWII and not being able to help out.
                              Oh, good point! That would have been terrible for him! He probably stayed with the Achilles. That way no one would wonder why a healthy young guy like him hadn't enlisted.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                                Oh, good point! That would have been terrible for him! He probably stayed with the Achilles. That way no one would wonder why a healthy young guy like him hadn't enlisted.
                                Well, he was at least past 45 by 1939 and 45 was the cut off age so it probably wouldn't look too suspicious. It would still be hard as hell, though, considering he knows what the Germans and Japanese are going to do.

Think how hard it would be not to tell anyone about Pearl Harbor?

Comment

Working...
                                X