Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the huge build up this movie was given i can only sum up Continuum with one word, dissapointing!!!

Here the TPTB had the opportunity to produce something memorable and epic and all we got was a rehash of old plot lines and stories. One of their major selling points for the whole movie was the artic secnes which were ok, but in the end kind of felt hollow like the rest of the film, and they really did get out of the artic a little to conveniently for mine. The other thing that really bugged me was the total lack of threat or danger you felt from watching the Goauld fleet invade Earth, even the actors didn't look scared!!! Now there was a prime opportunity to build some tension and drama, and it just went begging!!

If this is the kind of tripe TPTB are gonna churn out for another SG1 movie then i hope for everyone's sake that they don't.

Comment

Finally managed to break out the DVD.

While there were many things I liked, overall I was highly disappointed. Dull and so overdone in terms of plot and time crap. As for being also intended for newbies to the franchise, EPIC FAIL in that circumstance. To attempt continuing a show in movie form, one must not take the route of the confounding time travel plot device...EVER.

Hmm and I swear it's not just my glasses, but there was some slight S/J in there, of which Cam seemed to be aware. ^_^ But then I still live in hope after all these years...

Comment

I wasn't expecting much after AOT, but i had hopes b/c BW was the writer. I enjoyed it. It felt a lot more like SG1 than we've seen in a while. I thought each of the characters had good moments & I stayed interested in the story.

Someone commented that it wasn't "theatrical quality"--maybe they were trying to promote it as that, but I didn't expect it to be, so I wasn't disappointed on that front.

Comment

There's a limit to what you can do for 7 million. When I compare that budget to what it costs to make a theatrical release, I find what they achieved to be amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
            There's a limit to what you can do for 7 million. When I compare that budget to what it costs to make a theatrical release, I find what they achieved to be amazing!
            It helps to get a nuclear sub and some F-15s for free!
            But yes, it's amazing. Either that or the other studios aren't getting much bang for their buck. It always amazes me what you can't buy for $100 million.

Comment

It helps to get a nuclear sub and some F-15s for free!
              But yes, it's amazing. Either that or the other studios aren't getting much bang for their buck. It always amazes me what you can't buy for $100 million.
              Too true! Some of the studios are clearly just throwing money at bad ideas in hopes that it makes them better.

Comment

got it a couple of days ago but today I finally watched it. And it was great!!!! I really enjoyed seeing that stargate command back to the same way we saw it in unending, just business as ussual.

The Tok'ra city was pretty cool, I hope they show that in anther movie. The excute cermony was also pretty cool.

All the actors did great, it was a classic Sg-1 adventure. I loved the storyline where carter died in the shuttle accident, everyone seemed pretty creeped out. And Daniel not having a tv, typical daniel.

I really thought it was ingenius for Ba'al to get some the the minor system lords under his control, except for Yu. And seeing Apohis again was also sweet. Kind of confused why most of the Jaffa where so loyal to the gould, I thought they were loyal to Teal'c then he would give them the work orders, kind of like the teamsters.

I kind of saw it coming whem Ke'tesh killed Ba'al with the sword. But still it was a great scene. I loved it when Teal'c died and blew everyone up with him, that was awesome.

And my favorite scene was when Ba'al got shot in the head, he was like WTF.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                  got it a couple of days ago but today I finally watched it. And it was great!!!! I really enjoyed seeing that stargate command back to the same way we saw it in unending, just business as ussual.

The Tok'ra city was pretty cool, I hope they show that in anther movie. The excute cermony was also pretty cool.

All the actors did great, it was a classic Sg-1 adventure. I loved the storyline where carter died in the shuttle accident, everyone seemed pretty creeped out. And Daniel not having a tv, typical daniel.

I really thought it was ingenius for Ba'al to get some the the minor system lords under his control, except for Yu. And seeing Apohis again was also sweet. Kind of confused why most of the Jaffa where so loyal to the gould, I thought they were loyal to Teal'c then he would give them the work orders, kind of like the teamsters.

I kind of saw it coming whem Ke'tesh killed Ba'al with the sword. But still it was a great scene. I loved it when Teal'c died and blew everyone up with him, that was awesome.

And my favorite scene was when Ba'al got shot in the head, he was like WTF.
                  Lol on the bolded part.
                  I guess I thought that Ba'al actually was being kind of a good Goa'uld (yes, it's an oxymoron) promising the Jaffa a piece of Australia (the interior, no doubt) after he had succeeded. There's really nothing that says he was going to go back on this, except that he could be lying, of course. And he didn't want to kill all the humans, but the question came up about the fact that there are so darned many of them on earth. Far, far more than on any other planet.

And that is interesting, and is maybe why Earth was the last part of his plan. Earth kind of got out of control after Ra left, too many people, too many ideas. Ba'al would have had his hands full. Qe'tesh, in contrast, would have just nuked the place.

Comment

Well i bought it and finally saw it, and I loved it. I don't generally like time travel but I'll make an exception to this one. I think IMO that it is as good as Stargate gets. I was a bit dissapointed that we didn't see more of RDA, and i got a little teary seeing Hammond of Texas again. 9 out 10.

Comment

fo 7 million and only about 9 days of filming this was an extremely good film i almost thought this cost at least 50 million but TPTB do have a a way with cgi effects.
                      sigpic

Comment

This movie was so smooth! There's not too much jumping around with A & B plotlines. The actions of the main characters are unified and that helps maintain focus.

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret View Post
                          This movie was so smooth! There's not too much jumping around with A & B plotlines. The actions of the main characters are unified and that helps maintain focus.
                          put everything in spoilers just in case!

Spoiler:
                          I agree! just finished airing in the uk and ireland on skyone. i loved it!! loved jack in it (especially at the start in the pyramid and the toilets!) the team chemistry (all of them 'old' team 'new' team ) was brilliant..it really made the film!!!

i thought the scene in the arctic where daniel sam and mitchell were debating whether to leave etc was really really.. well sg1 (if ya get me!)

the sfx were so cool too!!!!!!!!!!!!! so much detail in the ships!!!

loved seeing Don S Davis in it..i just smiled whenever he was on screen.

loved the possible A dogs breakfast reference with the cereal that sam picked up in the store (the 'frootees' was the cereal david hewlett used in his movie. he made up the cereal himself i think)

could have used a bit more jack seeing as his scene where he is in the room with them (and they are trying to convince him tha they know him 'you're from minnesota etc') i think was a teeny bit too short.

but it still rocked!! cant wait for my copy in the mail next week!!!!!!!

Comment

Ok. It was a brilliant Film. I enjoyed it for every minute. There was a few things that I wanted more of but I was Happy.

I E : The photograph in the locker

CRAZY IRISH GUY :

Puddle Jumper Pilot- Sheppard - Asmir
                            Scientist - McKay - Shirt n' Tie
                            Scientist - Zalenka- Bar
                            Cook and able body - Ronon - Master Bray Tack .
                            Crazy Irish Guy Was Here .

Spoiler:
                            Are we Geeks or Nerds

Comment

i have just seen it and loved every minute of it

the weather where i live was really bad so it effected the sky and i missed abit where they leave daniel so i'm a bit gutted

but apart from that i thought it was really good, i loved the scene where daniel found his book and there was a really geeky pic of him on the back.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by plastic View Post
                                i have just seen it and loved every minute of it

the weather where i live was really bad so it effected the sky and i missed abit where they leave daniel so i'm a bit gutted

but apart from that i thought it was really good, i loved the scene where daniel found his book and there was a really geeky pic of him on the back.

Hahahahaha i loved that picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X