Will there be another movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlexanderD View Post
    Exactly. A series is an investment, and much like the stock market, confidence is required before the cash is laid down.
    I agree, I would green you if I could.
    Posting at.............
    http://godus.boards.net/

Comment

Why would a network spend the big bucks on an expensive space-based science-fiction show when they can profit far more from the next cop/doctor/lawyer procedural show or some other down-to-Earth series? Until our economy improves, space-based science-fiction is gone. Fortunately, we have DVD's, reruns, and Netflix Instant Watch.

Comment

Well, I would love it if they came out with another movie, but I don't think that's going to happen. Ark of Truth already tied up the Ori story line, and Contiuum tied up the Goa'uld system lords, so where would they go from there in just one movie. Now a Stargate Atlantis movie would be cool. I just hope to God that they don't ever make an SGU based movie. I'm sorry if I offended any SGU fans, I just don't get SGU. I think what I really hate most about SGU is the fact that they tried to make it look like Battlestar Galactica with all that DAMN JERKY CAMERA MOTION! I HATE THAT CRAP!!!!! I also really didn't like the gratuitous and unnecessary sex scene in the first episode of SGU. That is not in the true spirit of Stargate at all.
        Anyway, I don't mean to rag on SGU, so again, apologies if I offended anyone, just voicing my opinions.
        Also, the stargates were chopped up and auctioned off, so that sux. But it's not like they can't make another one.
        So maybe they'll come back and do one more someday, we can only hope.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate_Builder View Post
          Well, I would love it if they came out with another movie, but I don't think that's going to happen. Ark of Truth already tied up the Ori story line, and Contiuum tied up the Goa'uld system lords, so where would they go from there in just one movie.
          O'Neill. They did have something to do with O'Neill in a future movie but with that being scrapped, that stuff is left to our imaginations.

Just because there's nothing to wrap up doesn't mean that a movie can't be made.

Originally posted by Gate_Builder View Post
          Now a Stargate Atlantis movie would be cool. I just hope to God that they don't ever make an SGU based movie.
          I agree about the Atlantis movie, tons of directions it could of gone in. SGU is a mixed reaction series (I'm one of the ones who thinks it sucks) but it's fans do deserve some closure in the form of a movie or fan-made series; I held the belief despite all the fans that were mourning for it's cancellation that a movie would be released, I mean they managed to keep SG-1 going through the movies, why couldn't they do the same for SGU? Stunned that the movie got canceled and they ended the franchise; even after all that hope, we may never see those movies come to fruition; even for the fans.
          Back from the grave.

Comment

SGU lots loads of money. They would not be wanting to risk losing more in this horrid economy. SGA/SGU fan divide makes SGA movie a high risk too. I don't see anymore movies coming anytime soon. Maybe in about 5 years they will make a SG? and go somewhere completely different in a prequel or sequel completely new.
            Posting at.............

Comment

At that point though a reboot could very well be the most likely outcome.

Comment

At that point though a reboot could very well be the most likely outcome.
                A reboot of which show? I think the fan divide would hurt the chances of either SGA or SGU and SG1 is really done. I think a prequel with the Ancients would be cool, they could call it SGO, Stargate Origins.....but that is just one of my pipe dreams.
                Posting at.............

Comment

My guess is a reboot of the storyline in the direction of where the original movie ended. It's a distasteful thought in my opinion.

Comment

My guess is a reboot of the storyline in the direction of where the original movie ended. It's a distasteful thought in my opinion.
                    Oh, you mean not the TV shows? Yeah, I am not in love with that direction either. What did you think of mine?
                    Posting at.............

Comment

Your idea is one I would enjoy watching, but I'm not sure if could survive very long due to problems in the Ancient's backstory.

Comment

Yeah, but they could use some poetic license and fix a lot of that, I would hope. Just look at how different BSG reboot is from the TOS. I guess it depends on the quality and how desperate us Scifi fans are by then.
                        Posting at.............

Comment

I've got my fingers crossed. One can only hope that someone out there see's things the same way.

Comment

From your lips...............
                            Posting at.............

Comment

Why is that? The original movie ended with them offing Ra. What more can you do with that?
                              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Plenty as the creating of SG1 proved
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X