No announcement yet.

Will there be another movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the scrapped Atlantis movie can be seen in my signature.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Honestly, I can't imagine why there'd be a need to make a third movie. Yeah, it would have been about General O'Neill and the SGC going public. I don't see how that would make for an exciting movie. Continuum serves as an excellent finale, no?

Comment

Universe needs a movie. Other than that, maybe... Infinity?
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
          Infinity?
          I can see that selling with the kids but otherwise; no.
          Back from the grave.

Comment

I still like the prequel idea with the ancients. That was one of the main things I was looking forward to with SGU that they did not deliver.
            Posting at.............
            http://godus.boards.net/

Comment

A prequel with the Goa'uld would also be nice to watch. And see the FURLINGS.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                Honestly, I can't imagine why there'd be a need to make a third movie. Yeah, it would have been about General O'Neill and the SGC going public. I don't see how that would make for an exciting movie. Continuum serves as an excellent finale, no?
                No.

Comment

Mmmm....not so much...
                  sigpic

Comment

I am fine with the series ending with Continuum. Sure it would have been nice to have more SG1 but Continuum had most of series arcs resolved so overall I am happy. A lot better then the resolutions SGA and SGU got
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

What are / were the furlings? They keep getting mentioned but no one's ever seen one.
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                        What are / were the furlings? They keep getting mentioned but no one's ever seen one.
                        http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Furling
                        Posting at.............
                        http://godus.boards.net/

Comment

The beauty of the Furling being the unknown quantity lays in the fact that we know nothing about them. Putting the imagination to work, they can be anything you want them to be. Do I think we'll ever see them on screen? Not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            I am fine with the series ending with Continuum. Sure it would have been nice to have more SG1 but Continuum had most of series arcs resolved so overall I am happy. A lot better then the resolutions SGA and SGU got
                            I am too, now. At the time, I would have liked to have seen more movies, but it doesn't seem realistic. By the time they get the funding, all the actors will either be too old or too committed to other projects. As has been said, the story arcs were pretty much wrapped up during Continuum, save for the SG programme going public (boring).

I actually would have been happy to have SG-1 end in The Lost City, although I might be in the minority there. If it had, I think we wouldn't be having this discussion as SG-1's format is the one that lends itself most easily to movies, which would never have happened if that series had ended back then.
                            sigpic

Comment

If SG-1 ended with Season 7, it would have ended with a completely different season finale. "Lost City" would have been a movie, Stargate: The Lost City. Atlantis would have been found in Antarctica, the Wraith would have been woken in the Milky Way galaxy, and the Asurans would have been Human-form replicators.

Comment

If SG-1 ended with Season 7, it would have ended with a completely different season finale. "Lost City" would have been a movie, Stargate: The Lost City. Atlantis would have been found in Antarctica, the Wraith would have been woken in the Milky Way galaxy, and the Asurans would have been Human-form replicators.
                                No, the finale would have been almost identical. It was written well beforehand, with the specific intention that it was going to be in movie format and serve as the end of the series. They cut out a few scenes (Jack and Sam were supposed to kiss in the cargo ship, they were supposed to parachute out onto the ice instead of using the ring transporter...) and tweaked the ending slightly. In the movie script, they were to find Atlantis under the ice, but had to tweak it to finding the outpost instead.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X