No announcement yet.

Poll: SG-1 vs Atlantis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Revolution. I want to see more Jack! But I'll miss Vala if she's not in it.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    As long as no SGA movie happens, I can go on pretending that EATG never happened.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Astraldust View Post
      SGA! That's only fair because that movie was promised first and we need to get the city back to the P.G.
      The 3rd SG1 was made fandom knowledge first
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

SGA.

I love SG1 and want to see more of those movies as well but since SG1 has already had two movies....I would really like to see an SGA movie!
        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

SG-1

I do not think that is a count which series has more movies or episodes. IMHO SGA was somewhat lighter and easy to digest version of SG-1. And with RDA, Amanda Tapping and Michael Shanks having comfirmed their participation, who, in their right state of mind, can refuse a dose of classic O'Neill moments?
          "It is the quiet ones that change the Universe." Londo Molari, "Babylon 5"

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            SGA. I loved SG1 but I think its time for it to end.
            I vote SG1

*sharpens pitchfork*
            Last edited by Alan Wake; 27 December 2009, 12:16 PM.

Comment

SG-1, no question I don't care about SGA anymore.
              sigpic

Comment

Stargate: Revolution (SG-1)

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

The 3rd SG1 was made fandom knowledge first
                  When did that happen? The SGA movie got green-lighted when the show was canceled in August 2008. I wasn't aware of the fact that a 3rd SG-1 movie was in the works before then?

I still think SGA desires a movie first.
                  sigpic

Comment

don't care for Jack/Sam. Vala won't be in the next movie. SG-1 is dead for me.

And SGA? well, to be honest I want to see how they'll epxlain Sheppard and co. stealing the Atlantis a bringing it back to the PG. I believe this will happen.

so it's SGA. Just out of the curiosity
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

Sg1!!
                      Nos Must Amitto Vivo En - Helen Magnus

Comment

When did that happen? The SGA movie got green-lighted when the show was canceled in August 2008. I wasn't aware of the fact that a 3rd SG-1 movie was in the works before then?

I still think SGA desires a movie first.
                        Right after Contiuum was sold or more specifically when MGM saw the sales for AoT and Contiuum
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Right after Contiuum was sold or more specifically when MGM saw the sales for AoT and Contiuum
                          Thanks for the info. It's a pity they don't have the same faith in DVD sales as they had back then. I know the market is down but I still think Stargate sells and would make enough to bring in a profit. Maybe not huge but enough.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info. It's a pity they don't have the same faith in DVD sales as they had back then. I know the market is down but I still think Stargate sells and would make enough to bring in a profit. Maybe not huge but enough.
                            Its not so much lack of faith more then MGM wasn't in a serious budget crisis like they are now.
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Its not so much lack of faith more then MGM wasn't in a serious budget crisis like they are now.
                              I think that's right. The DVD excuse was always just a smokescreen for MGM being too broke to finance the films- after all, the Stargate DVDs they did release sold well. But of course TPTB can't come right out and say that- they probably even believed MGM's story, at least in the beginning.

Most theatrical releases need home entertainment sales in order to be profitable since half their box office receipts are eaten up by advertising and the theatres themselves (and the other half often by production costs, that's why there's been so much nailbiting this weekend over Avatar)- but studios kept right on releasing films despite the downturn. Everybody but MGM, that is.
                              Last edited by VSS; 28 December 2009, 10:25 AM.

Comment

This, plus when SG-1 was cancelled (3 years before SGA), the announced intent was to make a movie or two a year.
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X