• Show
Clear All

Id4???
    SG-1 members
    Atlantis Team members

Comment

Originally posted by pjp View Post
      Id4???
      That was the tagline for the movie Independance Day.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        That was the tagline for the movie Independance Day.
        ok cheers
        SG-1 members
        Atlantis Team members

Comment

I woulda gotta a kick out Kurt Russel slugging an alien and saying "Welcome to Earth b****"
          "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

very nice
            very...jack
            SG-1 members
            Atlantis Team members

Comment

When I watch Stargate (1994), I usually try to not even think about SG-1. I fail, but I find the more I think about that stuff the less I enjoy watching the movie, and It really is a great movie. For some reason I always forget that and am surprised at how much I like it each time I watch it.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                When I watch Stargate (1994), I usually try to not even think about SG-1. I fail, but I find the more I think about that stuff the less I enjoy watching the movie, and It really is a great movie. For some reason I always forget that and am surprised at how much I like it each time I watch it.
                same here
                SG-1 members
                Atlantis Team members

Comment

I consider SG as canon. Just some diferents names in the movie will not matter to me. I would even stand by a re-shoot or re-editing of the SG movie. Just some cut here and there some lines addiction here and there.
                  sigpic
                  - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                    I consider SG as canon. Just some diferents names in the movie will not matter to me. I would even stand by a re-shoot or re-editing of the SG movie. Just some cut here and there some lines addiction here and there.
                    same here, but in a way, cotg is a slightly changed version of the aforemention film, imo
                    SG-1 members
                    Atlantis Team members

Comment

Truth is, I never really thought the movie was that great. It was a fun watch, but the dialogue was kind of wooden, and several of the characters were stereotyped (especially Kurt Russel's performance as Jack). Although James Spader did a very good job was Daniel Jackson. SG-1 got me into Stargate more so than the original movie (although I saw the film before the series). Quite frankly, I think the premise worked far better as a TV show than a movie (or trilogy of movies as was apparently intended).

As for the different continuities, I like to have some fun in my mind about reconciling them, nothing serious, just fun. Like maybe Jack's son was named Taylor Charlie O'Neill, that they thought they were going to another galaxy because of a bad map of the stars, or those scenes showing Ra as a grey were really memories of his previous host who happened to be an Asgard. I'm claiming that I can or will reconcile the two, I just find it kind of fun to fit things together.

Comment

Originally posted by bfldworker View Post
                        There are actually a few continuity errors. With that being the big glaring one.

There is the size of the Stargate in the movie when you compare it to the one in SG-1, there are the Chevrons that move in the movie and not in SG-1. There is the back of the Stargate in the movie compared to SG-1 (There is a cone shape vortex in the back of the gate in the movie, when there isn't one in SG-1.). There is the Gate room it's self, the one in the movie is tiny compared to SG-1. Then there is the whole mountain situation. In the movie it is Creek Mountain and in SG1 it is Cheyenne Mountain. Then there is what the Control Room looks like.
                        ..Well in CotG, they mention that... The Gate was moved to a more secure location AFTER the movie's events. I believe they tell jack when they exit the elevator.

The Gate room is different.. because.. see above..

The stargate is different... Because the creators of the original movie said "F this" and left the gate outside to be wrecked...

As far as the "other side of the known universe" it could be explained that, At the time of the movie, abydos was as far as we knew, and after going there they discover more.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic View Post
                          ..Well in CotG, they mention that... The Gate was moved to a more secure location AFTER the movie's events. I believe they tell jack when they exit the elevator.

The Gate room is different.. because.. see above..

The stargate is different... Because the creators of the original movie said "F this" and left the gate outside to be wrecked...

As far as the "other side of the known universe" it could be explained that, At the time of the movie, abydos was as far as we knew, and after going there they discover more.
                          the other side of the known universe changes with the distance of the furthist planet that we have visited
                          Last edited by hawkmajor; 27 August 2009, 11:19 AM. Reason: spelling change
                          SG-1 members
                          Atlantis Team members

Comment

To me the FILM is its own thing with Emmerich and Devlin at the helm with the following media sequels for it afterwards to fit into their canon. The Goa'uld, Asgard, Ori, or ANY SGC stuff aren't in their canon. The sequels, in the forms of books and comics, for the Emmerich/Devlin canon should in no way compliment the SGC one.
                            For the Wright/Glassner SGC Canon, I figure their canon already had the events featured from the Emmerich/Devlin film canon but "morphed" entirely to suit SGC canon. Meaning it was RDAs variant O'Neill, Michael Shanks Jackson, the military variants of the John Diehl and French Stewart characters in their version of the events. Of course it would've played out entirely different concerning the SGC canon versions of the characters. Ra would've had his own Jaffa with complimentary symbols on their foreheads in comparison to the Emmerich/Devlin FILM canon. It probably would've been an entire set of different characters brought through the gate excluding who carried over from canon to canon.
                            For Alexis Cruz/Skaara and Kasuf/Erick Avari carrying over to the SGC canon? I just look at it as exact duplicate alternate universe/canon trope. Pertaining to the fact both, from what I've read, are still alive in the Emmerich/Devlin FILM canon. I wouldn't be surprised if Skaara in the FILM canon joins with Kurt Russell/Jack O'Neil, James Spader/Daniel Jackson, John Diehl and French Stewart for their version of the main Stargate team. Mili Avatal/Sha'uri and SGC Canon Sha're are different but of course the same regarding canon.
                            So, Emmerich/Devlin FILM canon is exclusive to them and Wright/Glassner SGC canon, albiet with their variant of the 1994 films events, are their own.
                            If Emmerich/Devlin ever make a feature film sequel(s) as they intended, I'd rather Lionsgate/StudioCanal release it to theaters instead of MGM. Yes, so Lionsgate/StudioCanal can have a boxset.

BIG dilemma regarding SGC canon though! For those of us who consider both creators canons to be seperate of course, pertaining to the SGC pilot Children of the Gods. Do we consider the original R rated, for nudity c'mon, Showtime broadcast or the released DVD of it to be canon? Myself, I'd take whichever scenes were extended and beefed up for the effects, put it into the original Showtime version and just have a really damn long version of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                              Glad to know I wasn' the only person doing this.
                              sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

I consider SG-1 as the sequel of the Stargate movie. For me is like just some of the actors are replaced and a year has passed by. The movie is the prequel of the whole SG storyline that follows.

Comment

Working...
                                X