Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate: Extinction" (SGA Movie) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still vote for a Big Honking reset button!!! get atlantis back in pegasus, the chair would not have been destroyed (stupid plotpoint that was!), and mckay leaves poor Jennifer alone! that is my wish list.
    but at this rate IMHO there will be no movie or a terrible one!

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
      I still vote for a Big Honking reset button!!! get atlantis back in pegasus, the chair would not have been destroyed (stupid plotpoint that was!), and mckay leaves poor Jennifer alone! that is my wish list.
      Reset to....*mumbles to herself* ... Carson & Weir alive, Kate alive, no replicators, back to the cool wraith, maybe a little Ford, Teyla and Athosians,... that's approx. back to.... ...beginning of season 2 please.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post

OT and potential spoilers for the new Star Trek movie . . .

Spoiler:
        Hey, if they can do a big honking reset (brilliantly, I must add!) with Star Trek, they can do it with anything!

I'd be perfectly happy for them to go back in time a year and erase everything that happened in Season 5 - just to take away the truly terribly unbelievable parts - and leave the good ones in, of course! LOL!
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Reset to....*mumbles to herself* ... Carson & Weir alive, Kate alive, no replicators, back to the cool wraith, maybe a little Ford, Teyla and Athosians,... that's approx. back to.... ...beginning of season 2 please.
          Indeed, i would however like to see the Genii in action on a military op against the wraith. I mean i hear about how atlantis will be more involved in fighting against the wraith but there has never been an episode where all atlantis does is beat the poop out of the wraith.
          sigpic

Comment

Wow, thats so funny, i didn't realize all my mailbag qs from Jm's blog were being posted here
            sigpic

Comment

I'd just as soon erase the last two seasons, to be honest. Not that there weren't highlights in those seasons, and not that S2 & S3 couldn't have been done better, but there were so many decisions starting with S4 that I just wish they hadn't made - casting Jewel Staite, bringing Carter over, the handling of Teyla's pregnancy by turning her into Michael's victim.... *shakes head* Yeah, I'd love a redo of the last two years.
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

Hey then show would still be on and we would not EVEN be having this conversation about a movie that might or might not be made!

Reset reset reset reset reset!
                Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                  Hey then show would still be on and we would not EVEN be having this conversation about a movie that might or might not be made!

Reset reset reset reset reset!
                  Good point!
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Jedi Master writes: “an as far as the “promise” of an Atlantis movie well, its off, its on, it’s a maybe, its off due to financially reason, its back on again !!!”

Answer: It was never “off again”. It’s status never changed from “on”. It’s always been a matter of nailing down a production date. My advice to you is not to jump on every rumor you hear and accept it as fact.
                    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ooooooooooooo/

from GW's interview with Paul McGillion
                    GW: Stargate ... The Atlantis movie, it's kind of been put off just a little bit. Do you know whether or not they have plans to bring you back for it? Is it probably going to happen that you are going to have some kind of involvement in it? Even if it's just a cameo.

PM: I was asked if I'd be interested in doing it by the producers and I said, "Absolutely." That was quite a while ago, so I haven't heard anything about it. I hope it goes. But they said that I was in it. That was something they said. "Would I be open to doing that?" And I said "Absolutely, yes."
                    http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/..._chances.shtml
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Yawn
                      sigpic

Comment

You should get some rest instead of reading threads that clearly doesn't interest you.

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                          Yawn
                          What!! Are you just tired or are you not looking forward to the atlantis movie?
                          sigpic

Comment

same ole, same ole

yes
                            no
                            yes
                            no
                            maybe
                            might
                            would
                            should
                            eh

*eyeroll*
                            Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Actually, it's always been "Yes."

Apparently.

Comment

Jedi Master writes: “an as far as the “promise” of an Atlantis movie well, its off, its on, it’s a maybe, its off due to financially reason, its back on again !!!”

Answer: It was never “off again”. It’s status never changed from “on”. It’s always been a matter of nailing down a production date. My advice to you is not to jump on every rumor you hear and accept it as fact.

Well JM is right. Technically none of the TPTB ever said the movie was cancelled or “off”.

I take the statement that the movie was “always on” to mean that TPTB always have had the intent to make the movie and have been working on it to make it happen. But as Brad recently said because of changes in the financial outlook of the industry they were still working on getting the necessary deals in place to make the movie happen, indicating that without those deals the movie might not happen.

However I will say that lately JM has been much more positive about the movie and talking as if it will happen. I would like to know if that means the deals that Brad alluded to in his interview have been made and the movie is now officially green-lighted and has been given an approved budget – meaning that it can officially proceed.
                                Last edited by EdenSG; 07 May 2009, 06:56 PM. Reason: wording

Comment

Working...
                                X