Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    a novelization is like looking at the cake you want to eat, instead of eating it. not good enough. :/
    completely agree and my patience is limited ptb
    sigpic
    The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Please...NOT the
      Spoiler:
      Lucien Alliance...I hate them almost as much as the Replicators...

It's too bad that "Continuum" closed off the Himmelmen option...

Comment

Himmelmen?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
          Himmelmen?
          Sorry, you might not be familiar with that name. Prior to "Continuum", it was a common thought that the Germans experimented with the Stargate either leading up to or during the early part of WWII and established an off-world colony that went on to take over a chunk of space of it's own. The idea was canonized in one of the AEG sourcebooks for their RPG which was supposed to be canon unless contradicted by the show itself. Unfortunately for the idea, the writers of "Continuum" either didn't do their homework or decided to decanonize the idea by having the Stargate shipped to the US too early.

Comment

I would think if it's not written by the writers of the show or PTB it's not canon.
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              I would think if it's not written by the writers of the show or PTB it's not canon.
              The agreement between AEG and MGM (who ultimately makes those decisions, not the creators) specified otherwise. AEG even provided copies of some of it's books to the writing staff as reference works.

While it is, perhaps, unusual, for a tie-in to receive canon status in this manner, it is not entirely unprecedented, as in the case of Lucasfilm and the relationship between the Star Wars movies and TV series and the so-called "Extended Universe".

Comment

Originally posted by Devlin Kyle SG-9 View Post
                Please...NOT the
                Spoiler:
                Lucien Alliance...I hate them almost as much as the Replicators...

It's too bad that "Continuum" closed off the Himmelmen option...

Thankfully, it did. That 'option' doesn't make much sense in regards to the rest of the series.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                  Thankfully, it did. That 'option' doesn't make much sense in regards to the rest of the series.
                  It makes plenty of sense. If the Nazis had access to the gate, they WOULD have mucked around with it, esp given Hitler's obsession with the occult (and the mistranslation of "stargate" to "doorway to heaven".

A surviving Nazi colony armed with reverse-engineered Goua'uld tech would have been a nasty shock and powerful opposition to Earth and it's allies. And it would be something Earth would HAVE to do something about (our mess, our duty to clean up, after all).

Makes a lot more sense than the Lucien Alliance and their stupid psychedelic corn...

Comment

But you do have to remember, fans who don't follow or know what AEG is, and only know the show from what they see on screen, would be totally lost with this.
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Devlin Kyle SG-9 View Post
                      The agreement between AEG and MGM (who ultimately makes those decisions, not the creators) specified otherwise. AEG even provided copies of some of it's books to the writing staff as reference works.
                      Considering these PTB cannot seem to even reference their *own* work (canon)*, they are quite unlikely to reference someone else's.

*When it doesn't suit the story idea they have...
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        But you do have to remember, fans who don't follow or know what AEG is, and only know the show from what they see on screen, would be totally lost with this.
                        No more or less so than anything else the SGC was encountering for the first time, or even the original Stargate mission itself for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                          Considering these PTB cannot seem to even reference their *own* work (canon)*, they are quite unlikely to reference someone else's.

*When it doesn't suit the story idea they have...
                          Nevertheless, they were in fact provided copies, used or otherwise.

And regardless of the source, it would have been a fine story idea had they not ruled it out by the date chosen for use in Continuum.

Comment

So, now we know. The third movie was supposed to be about the revelation of the Stargate program to Earth.

I must say that this makes me even more sad, angry and disappointed that the movie won't be made (in the near future), I really, really, really want to see it! It would probably be the last SG-1 movie anyway, so revealing the program seems like a fitting end. Besides, as it would truly require Jack's presence, it means that RDA would have a major role which would make me one happy fangirl. I hope the movie will get made at some point...
                            There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                            sigpic
                            awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
                              So, now we know. The third movie was supposed to be about the revelation of the Stargate program to Earth.

I must say that this makes me even more sad, angry and disappointed that the movie won't be made (in the near future), I really, really, really want to see it! It would probably be the last SG-1 movie anyway, so revealing the program seems like a fitting end. Besides, as it would truly require Jack's presence, it means that RDA would have a major role which would make me one happy fangirl. I hope the movie will get made at some point...
                              i hope so too
                              sigpic
                              The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post

Where did you read this?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X