No announcement yet.

Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rich writes: “Sort of touching on a previous post by someone else – is the question of getting a SG-1 or SGA movie into production solely a question of money?”

Answer: Nope. There are a bunch of other issues as well.

Major Davis writes: “I know the priority is on SGU, which makes sense, but you’ve said several times that Brad’s plan will revive all three limbs of the franchise. However, when asked about SG-1 and SGA, you say you don’t know whether Revolution and Extinction will get made (should SGU get revived)….. Which leads me to wonder, how does BW’s plan include SGA and SG-1?”

Answer: You’ll have to wait and see.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...arjorie-m-liu/
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
      It certainly frees up the limited amount of investment money that MGM has so far procured (thought to be around $500 mil) and reflects the same strategy that has made Spyglass successful in the past, seeking partnerships and limiting the effects of several unsuccessful sole ventures in a row, smaller profit but less chance of going bust.

The Hobbitt was always going to take a huge chunk of money to make which meant there would be less for other ventures.
      The other side of that is that the Hobbit franchise is a "license to print money" in terms of profitability. It would be a big up front investment, but the all-but guaranteed returns would be far greater than those generated by even half a dozen lesser projects. From a business standpoint, the Hobbit is the smart play.

I'd be happy if MGM would make more announcements on their direction so we could understand just where the various parts of the Stargate franchise sits in relation to their business plans and their views on the DVD movie market. I'm still hoping for the two scripted movies but there really is nothing to encourage or douse optimism for them being made at this stage.
      This.

Comment

Generally, I don't like producers who "play coy" with the fans, but these quotes seem instructive:

max also writes: “

One other question: has most of the non-Canadian cast members moved from vancouver back to their country since the announcement of the cancellation?”

Answer: Yes.
        Gimpy writes: “Any posibility that a major motion picture would be made that is stargate based? As was the case with star trek after it was originally canceled.”

Answer: There’s certainly a possibility, but I’d imagine something like that wouldn’t happen for a while
        Tim writes: “Would it be completely off base to say that the Stargate franchise is dead on SyFy after SGU ends its run?”

Answer: Well, never say never but let me put it this way – Next year, I doubt I’ll be paying another $21.30 postage due on their annual Christmas gift.

Lmao.

SyFy channel is a lost cause for scifi shows. Hopefully another network will see how valuable the StarGate franchise is and pick SGU up soon.

Comment

I wouldn't mind knowing what happened to the Furlings...could put a whole story spin on that discovering who they were and what happened to them. Or, they could have the aliens that SGU keeps running into make their way to Earth? They're a tough enemy so it would be a big challeng, but dont' think that crossover would really happen. I like the Furling idea. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by stargatetravler View Post
            I wouldn't mind knowing what happened to the Furlings...could put a whole story spin on that discovering who they were and what happened to them. Or, they could have the aliens that SGU keeps running into make their way to Earth? They're a tough enemy so it would be a big challeng, but dont' think that crossover would really happen. I like the Furling idea. LOL
            Hmmm...Furlings would be cool, but I thought TPTB said we'd never see them?
            sigpic

Comment

Depends who you ask. Joe and Rob say maybe, Brad says no.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                Depends who you ask. Joe and Rob say maybe, Brad says no.
                And since Joe and RCC didn't write the script, I'll believe Brad.

I don't want to see the Furlings if they look like Ewoks.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

^Don't think that will be a problem. In the commentary track for "200", the producers pretty much said that the whole ep (including therefore the "Ewok-lings") was a made up episode outside the "real" SG universe.

Comment

After all this time, I still can't believe that Furlings get brought up. At this point, there is no way TPTB could do them in a way that would please most fans. There has been way too much anticipation and speculation about them over the years. I say leave them unknown. It is time to move on from the Furlings.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Oh Come on BW and JM. I want see good Actor RDA/Jack O'neill in three movie SG-1 in Stargate: Revolation.

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

Revolation isn't a word. I think you mean Revolution.

Comment

Oops! :-X

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

I believe we got the first glimpse of the plot of the SG-1 movie in last night's episode of SGU when

Spoiler:
                            Earth was successfully attacked by the Lucian Alliance.

Too bad we'll likely never see it filmed. With luck, we'll see a novelization.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                              I believe we got the first glimpse of the plot of the SG-1 movie in last night's episode of SGU when

Spoiler:

Lets be optimistic
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post

Spoiler:

a novelization is like looking at the cake you want to eat, instead of eating it. not good enough. :/
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X