Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slurredspeech
    Attractive people having it easier is actually nothing new; people have always and unconsciously responded better to what is easy on the eye. I'm more than fine with that, trust me.

Thing is, RDA is a good-looking attractive man who has charisma to spare, and gaining weight hasn't done much to take away from all that. Besides, his role in Stargate franchise is not only appropriate to his age but hasn't in a long time - if ever - been about merely running around, shooting stuff. Or benching. Or lifting. Or modeling.
    Just adding my 2 cents worth to this (which I agree with btw). If one looks through the various episodes throughout the series, while there may have been a lot of shooting going on, there wasn't much running involved along with it. In numerous episodes, there was much shooting, but in most the team was sitting behind something, having taken cover to avoid being hit by the shooting aimed at them. And in later years, they were often on ships, so there wasn't much running through corridors going on. I can only recall a handful of episodes where any actual running or heavy physical activity was going on. They did, however, do a lot of walking.
    Last edited by hedwig; 15 June 2010, 02:22 PM. Reason: fixing spelling

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
      leiasky....

Have you heard any news on the movies at work? How's MGM doing? Do you think it's a good thing for stargate if MGM is controled by it's debt holders

I really don't want to speculate anymore. On one hand it could be good, on another it could be bad. There are a lot of variables, which is why its taken them so long to get everything sorted. One positive thing is that MGM has always been supportive of Brad and Stargate.

As to what I hear at work, that's not something I can comment on, sorry.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
        I really don't want to speculate anymore. On one hand it could be good, on another it could be bad. There are a lot of variables, which is why its taken them so long to get everything sorted. One positive thing is that MGM has always been supportive of Brad and Stargate.

As to what I hear at work, that's not something I can comment on, sorry.
        Oh its cool... I understand completely..

I don't know if you can answer this but do you work at MGM?
        sigpic

Comment

*Ears Perk Up*
          sigpic

Comment

Lol never mind if you can't answer. Man, I'm really curious about the rumblings for the movie.
            sigpic

Comment

Lol never mind if you can't answer. Man, I'm really curious about the rumblings for the movie.
              "likes" rumblings (how facebook of me)
              sigpic

Comment

No. I work in licensing for one of the bidders for MGM.

I'm hoping we hear more about it at Comic Con this year but I haven't heard anything about Stargate having a presense. Which is too bad. It's geek mecca and the perfect demorgaphic of people they want to watch SGU.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I'm hoping we hear more about it at Comic Con this year but I haven't heard anything about Stargate having a presense. Which is too bad. It's geek mecca and the perfect demorgaphic of people they want to watch SGU.
                  Really, no Stargate and Comic Con? Thats CRAZY! Is this a first?

Thats good about SGU though. I hope they work it out. Do you think we might hear anything about the SG-1/SGA movies at comic con regardless if SGU has a presence there or not?
                  sigpic

Comment

Excellent! Very cool!
                    sigpic

Comment

Really, no Stargate and Comic Con? Thats CRAZY! Is this a first?
                      That's not what was said. Not having heard anything has a lot to do with the negotiations with the ComicCon people as to what is allowed to go to the huge event. So far I think Eureka is the only Syfy show I've heard of going yet.

Thats good about SGU though. I hope they work it out. Do you think we might hear anything about the SG-1/SGA movies at comic con regardless if SGU has a presence there or not?
                      Nope.
                      -

Comment

Simon writes: “[...] 4) Similar to the question above. If that DOES happen, will there be more of a chance of getting the SG-1 and SGA movies?”

Answers: [...] 4) Er, quite the opposite actually. Some fans, either because they’re ignorant to the workings of television production or simply refuse to see reason, assume that the only thing holding back the movies is continued production on SGU. In fact, the hold up is a studio decision based on various financial factors that have nothing to do with Universe. Continued production on Universe is what is keeping the franchise healthy and open to the possibility of future movies. As things stand now, Stargate: Universe carries the mantle of the Stargate franchise while the two movies – with scripts already in place – await the greenlight for production. If, in a worse case scenario, SGU were to wrap production earlier than expected (unlikely but, hey, let’s play “what if?”), then I suspect that it would assume first position in any potential film schedule, pushing SG-1 to the temporary back-burner.
                        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-some-mailbag/
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

This is just an idea, but if they rewrote the script for children of the god, or the original stargate movie and made a flashy remake like star trek got, it could attract alot of new fans, if only to the remake. it would get the studeo money if they hyped it up with a god story and good filming. SG1 is an amazing show, but the only money it attracts currently are die hard fans. A remake could revitalize it and maybe get us some new stories. The only thing i wish is that it remained faithful to the SG cannon we have right now. forgive me if this has been said before, but this is 276 page long!

Comment

Originally posted by Galactic Lego View Post
                            This is just an idea, but if they rewrote the script for children of the god, or the original stargate movie and made a flashy remake like star trek got, it could attract alot of new fans, if only to the remake. it would get the studeo money if they hyped it up with a god story and good filming. SG1 is an amazing show, but the only money it attracts currently are die hard fans. A remake could revitalize it and maybe get us some new stories. The only thing i wish is that it remained faithful to the SG cannon we have right now. forgive me if this has been said before, but this is 276 page long!
                            A remake on the big screen like Trek? Not going to happen.
                            -

Comment

sad but i kinda knew this when i thought it... sg1 just isn't well known enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Galactic Lego View Post
                                sad but i kinda knew this when i thought it... sg1 just isn't well known enough.
                                No, it has more to do with the rights of the original writers of the Stargate movie.
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X