No announcement yet.

Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure Plan B has to do with distribution, because that still involves making a direct-to-DVD movie so the production would still be the same... and production is the problem. Though recent ventures have shown that releasing DVD for sale, Redbox, and downloads all at the same time don't necessarily decrease sales much at all- but that's on the marketing/distribution end... why would Brad care?

I think it's more likely he's referring to a made-for-TV movie. Which won't generate as much income but won't cost as much, either. Making it less of a risk.

I personally would love a miniseries above all else, I don't have to have the big CGI and epic cinematography like in Continuum. Stargate fans usually can thrive on just a good story and great characters, that's all we've ever had. Having something made for TV is a whole lot better than nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post

I personally would love a miniseries above all else, I don't have to have the big CGI and epic cinematography like in Continuum. Stargate fans usually can thrive on just a good story and great characters, that's all we've ever had. Having something made for TV is a whole lot better than nothing.
      that's my number one desire too, to have it made-for-tv, or better yet, mini series.

make the 3rd sg1 movie!!
      sally

sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure Plan B has to do with distribution, because that still involves making a direct-to-DVD movie so the production would still be the same... and production is the problem. Though recent ventures have shown that releasing DVD for sale, Redbox, and downloads all at the same time don't necessarily decrease sales much at all- but that's on the marketing/distribution end... why would Brad care?

I think it's more likely he's referring to a made-for-TV movie. Which won't generate as much income but won't cost as much, either. Making it less of a risk.

It could be a made for TV movie - but they could be looking at the different ways you can deliver that. On a TV set but how? - by a cable channel, netflix, pay for view, on demand, premiunm channel? And or thru iPad, 3G phones, computer?

The choices are many and complicated as to how to make the most profit. What combo would be the best? Even if they went TV first I think they would still follow up with a DVD at some point.

I would love a mini series too.

You know the other thing that crossed my mind was that it could be a mini sereis, but a combo of both SGA and SG-1 together.

Comment

Originally posted by EdenSG View Post
          It could be a made for TV movie - but they could be looking at the different ways you can deliver that. On a TV set but how? - by a cable channel, netflix, pay for view, on demand, premiunm channel? And or thru iPad, 3G phones, computer?

The choices are many and complicated as to how to make the most profit. What combo would be the best? Even if they went TV first I think they would still follow up with a DVD at some point.

I would love a mini series too.

You know the other thing that crossed my mind was that it could be a mini sereis, but a combo of both SGA and SG-1 together.
          I'm sure they are looking at the many different ways to distribute the product, and they really need to because times have definitely changed- but that doesn't seem to have anything to do with BW. Whatever his Plan B is, it probably has to do with production, that's the point I was trying to make. And the only alternative I see there is a TV movie- or a musical

I would really like an SGA/SG-1 miniseries. In fact, I think that makes the most sense considering where Atlantis was the last time we saw it. I wouldn't like a combined movie because there wouldn't be enough time for all the characters, but a miniseries wouldn't have that problem.
          Last edited by VSS; 09 October 2010, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            that's my number one desire too, to have it made-for-tv, or better yet, mini series.

make the 3rd sg1 movie!!
            At this point, I won't bother getting my hopes up again. I really hope something does happen though. SG-1 deserves to be allowed to tell one last story.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm sure they are looking at the many different ways to distribute the product, and they really need to because times have definitely changed- but that doesn't seem to have anything to do with BW. Whatever his Plan B is, it probably has to do with production, that's the point I was trying to make. And the only alternative I see there is a TV movie- or a musical

I would really like an SGA/SG-1 miniseries. In fact, I think that makes the most sense considering where Atlantis was the last time we saw it. I wouldn't like a combined movie because there wouldn't be enough time for all the characters, but a miniseries wouldn't have that problem.
              Good point about BW and Plan B possibly being related to production.

A musical!!!

I would prefer 2 seperate movies but a mini series for both SG-1 and SGA could work because as you said they could give time to all the characters as long as they have a really good story to pull it all together.

Comment

Plan B might just be a novel, Mallozzi said that he'd like the Atlantis story wrapped up like that if there is to be no movie.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                  Plan B might just be a novel, Mallozzi said that he'd like the Atlantis story wrapped up like that if there is to be no movie.
                  oh please, not a mere novel instead of a movie. BOTH movies deserve better than that.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Better than nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                      Better than nothing.
                      i know...

but is it? money is being spent on the franchise, so why not on making movies the long time fans have been literally begging for?
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

I've tried the novels. I somewhat liked some, but was disappointed almost all the time All it would take would be too much of a focus on a character I cannot stand - and both shows had those types of characters that they over-focused on - to make me not want to buy it. To me a novel would mean nothing. And I never thought I would say that about a book. Besides, distribution is still an issue with the novels too. I've seen the novels in one store in the last several months. And I was in a different country.
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

i know...

but is it? money is being spent on the franchise, so why not on making movies the long time fans have been literally begging for?
                          Because it's the same 30 fans that have been asking for the movies?
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                            Because it's the same 30 fans that have been asking for the movies?
                            i don't really know what you mean
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

i know...

It's not that simple. Money is spent on SGU because a TV show is pretty much a guaranteed money maker with Syfy footing a large chunk of the bill, whereas a DVD movie is a risky business. Hell, it might not even be that they don't want to risk it, it might be that they simply aren't able to secure the loans/investment for it.

Comment

I wouldn't call direct-to-video risky, I see such releases at the video store all the time. The problem lies in the budget being very high for a mere direct-to-video release. The script probably calls for a TV movie that MGM simply cannot afford to produce in regards to DVD/Blu-ray sales and rentals.

Comment

Working...
                                X