Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EdenSG View Post
    I guess JM saying there have been rumblings about the SG-1 movie is at least a positive sign - at least someone somewhere still has the SG movie on their mind/project list.
    Not to be the pessimist here, but I wouldn't trust JM on that. It could turn into being nothing (most likely), or being bad news, too. I admire your hope and work, but I'm sure you're ready for the downfall if it turns out to be nothing, while others might not, though.
    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
      I don't imagine any of this news is 'new' but the article is dated today.

http://www.newsoxy.com/time-warner/and-mgm-12827.html

What this could mean for a SG-1 movie, I'm not sure I even want to try and speculate. Joe said last week there have been rumblings. . .

We're certainly all waiting with baited breath to see if we're going to be taking on a hell of a lot more work. LOL!
      Originally posted by Jper View Post
      Not to be the pessimist here, but I wouldn't trust JM on that. It could turn into being nothing (most likely), or being bad news, too. I admire your hope and work, but I'm sure you're ready for the downfall if it turns out to be nothing, while others might not, though.
      Good point. I do take things that JM with a grain of salt - not because I believe he would deliberately lie but he does have "a way with words" and I don;t think he is the main loop of need to know or first to know when it comes to the movies - but he is in a position to hear things. So I hope for the best but not surprised if it ends up to be no real news either. But we can still have a good show of fan support for the movies with a campaign, but we do need to be "real" about it - especially given the financial situation of MGM.
      Last edited by EdenSG; 31 March 2010, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
        I don't think JM is involved in the SG-1 movie at all. But he also didn't need to answer that question the way he did. He could have just said 'Still no word on Revolution'. But he didn't. I'm sure he's heard things.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Newest as of today . . . if the re-structure goes through, they'll be getting money to find additional productions.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...o-auction.html
          sigpic

Comment

Good point. I do take things that JM with a grain of salt - not because I believe he would deliberately lie but he does have "a way with words" and I don't think he is the main loop of need to know or first to know when it comes to the movies - but he is in a position to hear things. So I hope for the best but not surprised if it ends up to be no real news either.
            I agree.

But we can still have a good show of fan support for the movies with a campaign, but we do need to be "real" about it - especially given the financial situation of MGM.
            Again, I agree. And I support the campaign. Sure! Only, IMHO, it's all good, but I don't think there will be any movement soon, with the financial problems at MGM. However!!, I do think it is a good idea to be ready to do something when there's change, whatever that might be, i.e. Stargate being sold off.

I don't think JM is involved in the SG-1 movie at all. But he also didn't need to answer that question the way he did. He could have just said 'Still no word on Revolution'. But he didn't. I'm sure he's heard things.
            No, I agree, he's not directly involved, but like Eden said, he's in a position to hear things. And no he didn't need to answer the question, but he did, and he gave a typical answer, at least for him, which I appreciate. I'm just not so sure, we need to make a big deal out of it.

Look at it this way, if I for one, would hear from a MGM representative that the movie will be made, I'd take that as a big piece of good news. While if JM makes another vague comment on his blog, just to keep interest, which he may, and is IMHO a good thing, I just interpret that as "no change" news.
            A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Newest as of today . . . if the re-structure goes through, they'll be getting money to find additional productions.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...o-auction.html
              I get the feeling that restructuring under the creditors is the path they're going to take, since the bids all seem too low, lower than what the debt's been trading for, and I agree with your past comments that it might be the best thing for Stargate. Which all might fit together with the hints Joe M. has been dropping....

MGM can make a quick buck or two with an SG-1 movie, I think. And they're definitely going to need to, ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                I get the feeling that restructuring under the creditors is the path they're going to take, since the bids all seem too low, lower than what the debt's been trading for, and I agree with your past comments that it might be the best thing for Stargate. Which all might fit together with the hints Joe M. has been dropping....

MGM can make a quick buck or two with an SG-1 movie, I think. And they're definitely going to need to, ASAP.
                sigpic

Comment

Chris Judge said this in a recent interview:

I asked him the possibility of another Stargate movie. Chris said all the actors are signed on for another but after the financial crisis stalled things, time has passed "and now the timing of it, I don't know how they'd ever get everybody back together again other than throwing heaps of money at us"[deadpans at camera]
                  http://www.earthsmightiest.com/fansi...a/news/?a=6846

Comment

I'm still going through the series for the first time so I have a long way to go yet, but i've heard that the final episode only ran for 45 minutes. It would be really nice to have a final 90 minute production to see the team off.

Comment

Originally posted by TryWhistlingThis View Post
                      I'm still going through the series for the first time so I have a long way to go yet, but i've heard that the final episode only ran for 45 minutes. It would be really nice to have a final 90 minute production to see the team off.
                      The 1st SG-1 movie was really like a series finale.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                        Chris Judge said this in a recent interview:

http://www.earthsmightiest.com/fansi...a/news/?a=6846
                        Nice to know they're all signed. If they want to do it, it'll get done. Schedules are easy to work around if they want the actor badly enough.
                        sigpic

Comment

Nice to know they're all signed. If they want to do it, it'll get done. Schedules are easy to work around if they want the actor badly enough.
                          Exactly!! I think everyone wants to do the movie and schedules should not be the problem
                          sigpic

Comment

Ummm...IDK if you guys read the article...but Chris said....
                            all the actors are signed on for another but after the financial crisis stalled things, time has passed "and now the timing of it, I don't know how they'd ever get everybody back together again other than throwing heaps of money at us"[deadpans at camera]
                            to me that doesn't sound too promising...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                              It's still not that bad at all. We waited 10 years for second The X Files movie. No one believed it's possible, and yet they did it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                                Ummm...IDK if you guys read the article...but Chris said....
                                all the actors are signed on for another but after the financial crisis stalled things, time has passed "and now the timing of it, I don't know how they'd ever get everybody back together again other than throwing heaps of money at us"[deadpans at camera]
                                Considering he was "deadpanning at the camera" did you consider that he may have been joking around like he normally does??

If the movie(s) go ahead I don't really see a problem with rounding up the actors to take part.
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X