Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amconway View Post
    A miniseries would be good, but would take a larger budget, something that MGM is unlikely to be able to do. The films are made to be the length they need to be to fit into SyFy's movie time slots, with allowance for commercials, so they can't make them longer without forgoing an important source of revenue.
    A mini series is typically, and purposely, split into 2 hour segments to accommodate advertising.

They could do it they had a viable idea to pitch to the suits at MGM.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Those were two separate thoughts. Sorry, I should have put a paragraph break between them, so what I meant was (1) it would cost more, and MGM doesn't seem to have enough money for under two hours, let alone a miniseries, and (2) response to the poster's comments that the movies seemed short, by way of an explanation.

Sure, they could totally pitch a miniseries if they had a viable idea. That would be awesome, and probably lead to more character development than a movie. I can't imagine anything more fun. It doesn't seem like a productive use of their time at the moment though, given that things are on hold for a shorter project due to the financial situation.

Comment

While a mini-series would be amazing, I'll take the movies if that is all we can get. I just want to continue to see the adventures of SG-1.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          While a mini-series would be amazing, I'll take the movies if that is all we can get. I just want to continue to see the adventures of SG-1.
          Same here. That's what I meant when I said earlier that I don't even let myself think about the notion of a miniseries. Until MGM has the financial backbone or willingness to take the risk and we see the SGA telefilm and third SG-1 telefilm, both of which we were promised some time ago now, I won't even think about the infinite possibilities of a two- or three-part miniseries.

Uh-oh, I take that back. I'm getting flashes of brilliance now. Oi.
          If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

There are still so many good stories left to be told. I really believe that.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

There are still so many good stories left to be told. I really believe that.
              So long as Daniel's back, I'm as good as sold even if the stories are subpar.
              If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
                So long as Daniel's back, I'm as good as sold even if the stories are subpar.
                I don't think the stories would be sub-par. I think that TPTB still have some magic left in them.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I don't think the stories would be sub-par. I think that TPTB still have some magic left in them.
                  I don't either. I really, really want to see Brad Wright's script put into action sometime. If the hiatus goes on more than a couple more years, poor RDA might not be up to it so much anymore if it's really action-heavy.

Comment

A mini-series would be a nice experiment instead the movies being watched and consumed through quickly. But movies have been the plan so oh well, I just really want anything involving SG1 at the moment, even if its a bunch of talking! Call me crazy, but the odd episodes are usually my favs.

Comment

I think AoT would have been about twice as good if it were given four hours instead of two, whereas Continuum was pretty much fine as-is. It was Continuum's intention from the get-go to throw the viewer into a state of confusion early on, but AoT was the finale to a two-season build-up, and while I like it a good bit, it has some issues.

Spoiler:
                      If we were given four hours, we could actually experience Daniel's new visions of Merlin popping up over the course of half an hour or so, and develop the search for the Ark more naturally, as everything else in the series' long run has always had the opportunity to do. Instead, we jump from Dominion and Unending to, 'suddenly we've been searching for the Ark of Truth and we have to find it, it's the key'!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                        A mini-series would be a nice experiment instead the movies being watched and consumed through quickly. But movies have been the plan so oh well, I just really want anything involving SG1 at the moment, even if its a bunch of talking! Call me crazy, but the odd episodes are usually my favs.
                        I agree...I think a mini series would be an awesome route to take!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
                          I think AoT would have been about twice as good if it were given four hours instead of two, whereas Continuum was pretty much fine as-is. It was Continuum's intention from the get-go to throw the viewer into a state of confusion early on, but AoT was the finale to a two-season build-up, and while I like it a good bit, it has some issues.

Spoiler:
                          If we were given four hours, we could actually experience Daniel's new visions of Merlin popping up over the course of half an hour or so, and develop the search for the Ark more naturally, as everything else in the series' long run has always had the opportunity to do. Instead, we jump from Dominion and Unending to, 'suddenly we've been searching for the Ark of Truth and we have to find it, it's the key'!
                          Continuum was fine, Ark of Truth was very rushed, but still a somewhat decent movie.

Comment

I'd say that if either one was rushed then it was definitely Continuum, the movie had a no middle, it had a beginning and an end but the bulk of the movie was just filler, and the resolution just came out of nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                              I'd say that if either one was rushed then it was definitely Continuum, the movie had a no middle, it had a beginning and an end but the bulk of the movie was just filler, and the resolution just came out of nowhere.
                              Indeed, the worrying thing tho is that Continuum was about 1000x better than the AoT which was simply terrible.
                              Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

miniseries suck, compared to movies anyways

Comment

Working...
                                X