No announcement yet.

Crusade (919)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that was pretty boring. A whole ep of someone telling a story that's not all that interesting was, well, not that interesting. It was nice to see Claudia again, and she had some funny moments as Vala, but I was sooo tired of hearing her narration by the end of the ep.

Landry and Chekov were thankfully in a couple of very short scenes because I just don't find these scenes with the Russians believable. I keep thinking of how the West Wing does it, and things are sooo much more realistic there.

This looked like an ep to give the actors (except Claudia) a rest and to save money. I just wish they had come up with a better way to tell this story than the static method of having Vala sit at a table and tell it to the rest of the team.

My favorite part is Vala in Daniel's body checking out Mitchell in a towel.

Comment

It was an okay episode, a little slow for me. The bits at the beginning in the men's locker room when we see Daniel as Vala (or is is Vala as Daniel?) in the mirror were hilarious.

MItchell was good---no stupid frat boy jokes. Butthead? Please, this is a grown man, keep the 8-year-old's stuff out of his mouth.

I liked Vala-- more toned down. Still fiesty, but not OTT like the beginning of the season.

Okay, but boring. If it's on and I have nothing else to do I would watch it again, but I wouldn't search it out.

On a strictly female note: Claudia Black carried her pregnancy beautifully.

Dana Jeanne
      Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

decently interesting episode, but bring on the finale.......

Comment

Nice set up for the finale. Loved the fact that at the end the Tok'ra, Asgard, Tauri, and Jaffa were all working together to find the supergate. After watching all those alliances weaken throughout the season, it's so cool that all are working together. Can't wait for next week!

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer
            This was better than I thought it would be...and here I was thinking it would be the Daniel and Vala show again XD

well its a bit hard for it to be the D+V show when Vala is possessing him

nice set up for next week....but couldent they have well used a better design for the Ori ships....they look like giant pottys >_<
            I agree--much better than I anticipated. It was really the Vala-guy she married show. That story really hooked me (I guess I'm really a soap opera fan at heart).

I also liked the team's skepticism at Vala's story, and their theories of the pregnancy without the "other bits" or whatever it was that Vala termed it. Funny that they left out one of the better known "I know not man" births in history. But...whatever.

The opening scene was hilarious. I also like Vala's comment about being in Daniel's pants and Mitchell saying that he (Daniel) couldn't defend himself.

[QUOTE]
            Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne

MItchell was good---no stupid frat boy jokes. Butthead? Please, this is a grown man, keep the 8-year-old's stuff out of his mouth.

I liked Vala-- more toned down. Still fiesty, but not OTT like the beginning of the season.

Okay, but boring. If it's on and I have nothing else to do I would watch it again, but I wouldn't search it out.

On a strictly female note: Claudia Black carried her pregnancy beautifully.

Dana Jeanne[/QUOTE
            Mitchell was good. "butthead" is a phrase I use often, and I'm as old as Mitchell It's better than a&%$...etc, etc

I liked Vala too, especially when she lays it on thick for Tomin in the end, convincing him that she was "forced" to go along with the resistance. Nice to see that she hadn't changed significantly but was still toned down.

Yep, girlie but true. CB does the pregnancy thing well

Comment

This was a very cool show. Vala was mild in here! The intro scene with her going to the bathroom was too damn funny.
              "I swallowed a bug" River

Comment

The opening tease with Vala as Daniel checking out towel clad Mitchell was absolutely priceless! As was Mitchell's reaction to being checked out by "Daniel". Too funny for words!

The rest of the episode was basically just an exposition dump setting up next week’s episode. A pleasant exposition dump, but an exposition dump nonetheless. Can't quite figure out why chaining Vala up for 3 days without food or water proved that they could trust her. Maybe they just needed to stretch it a bit.

Next weeks episode however looks like fun!

Comment

I think by torturing Vala with no food or water the rebels were testing to see if she could keep secrets under pressure. They wanted to be sure she wouldn't spill the beans before they told her the details of the plan.

I loved Vala in this episode. She still had hints of innuendo, but she was toned down beautifully. She was a very sympathetic character, and I am truly interested to see what happens to her in season 10.
                  SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

This might be the first episode all year that I consider worth even spending an hour viewing it.

No, that's wrong. It's the second or third. But, I really liked the way the story was told. It brings a human element to the other side, one that was almost completely absent in the pryors.

Comment

Seemed like a filler episode to me, which in a way it was, i almost fell asleep lol good thing I have it on the Dvr

Comment

By far, the best part of this episode was Teal'c Darth Vader comment...although I thought Cameron whipping out the Authurian Legend knowledge was a little fruity. Silly me, and I thought he was going to say Jesus. Or Aaron from LOST.

I guess the next episode will make up for the serious lack of action in this one. Although it was cool seeing things from Vala's POV.

Comment

i watched it.

*greatly* relieved to see a toned down vala!

where was daniel/michael in this ep? or really, 'what' was michael shanks doing that he was barely in this ep?

not enough other characters (like sg1).

michael ironside is 'always' good.

robert cooper did a good job in the writing/directing department. the *only* quibble i can make is when vala was talking about her hubby being sweet and such, and then the camera came back to vala and she was tearing up. i didn't 'feel' it. and i didn't feel the others reactions to it. i felt the direction in that scene was amateurish. (i really didn't like the close ups on sam, teal'c, and mitchell) but that's the only part i had probs with, and it was just looking at it from a directing angle.

now, for the story. it was slow, but interesting enough. lots of set up for the season finale.

what i feel the most, though, is tremendous relief that vala was toned down. why? because if she's going to be on the entire of season 10... at least i know she's not going to be taking over. (i'll trade off mitchell being class clown to vala anyday).

vala's writing in tonight's ep gave me hope. and alleviated some of my fears about season 10. (now i just need to 'find' some interest for season 10 )

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma

The new toned-down but still feisty Vala was perfect. The character was not over the top but could still appreciate Cameron in a towel.

yes, i wasn't bothered by vala's 'antics' in this ep at all (because it was classy, not brassy).

sally

ps - i'm sure the slashers had a ball (excuse the pun) with the opening scene.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

So, I'm guessing that the person whose body is being used by the communication device doesn't realise what's going on at the time. Because Daniel had to ask how he got there. So, I'm guessing the person goes into a kind of unconsiousness? Harrid and Sallis must not have had any idea that Daniel and Vala were in their bodies in Avalon and when they woke up, chained and about to be burned to death, they must not have known how they got there.
                              I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Nice episode, especially the build-up for the season finale.

Comment

Working...
                                X