No announcement yet.

Arthur's Mantle (918)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved this one and especially when it turned out that the Sodan invisibility cloak worked in the same alternate dimension. Still, I can't really see how the alternate dimension could work only one way.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by david2708 View Post
      If Carter and mitchell cannot grasp any solid matter, how come they can stand on the floor. They should fall straight through it.
      Stargate Zombies? A new low has been reached-if that's possible.
      That basic flaw is used in many such episodes/movies. I asked the same thing the first time I saw Ghost.
      Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Yes, that could be a flaw, but on the other hand when a hologram projection of the knight fighting Cameron in the earlier episode moves, he appears to be on solid ground. Perhaps it is part of the dimensional change, that you have your feel on the ground. Of course one would still ask how they could sit on a chair instead of going right through or even more importantly, when Sam is pressing the keys on the keyboard, why doesn't her finger go right through it?

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
        That basic flaw is used in many such episodes/movies. I asked the same thing the first time I saw Ghost.

Comment

My LiveJournal post

Crystal Skull revisited? Well, I love both eps.
          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Me too...and I watched CS today on TV....nothing like being out of phase for a bit of fun and games!

Deeds xx
            sigpic
            Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
            MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
              Yes, that could be a flaw, but on the other hand when a hologram projection of the knight fighting Cameron in the earlier episode moves, he appears to be on solid ground. Perhaps it is part of the dimensional change, that you have your feel on the ground. Of course one would still ask how they could sit on a chair instead of going right through or even more importantly, when Sam is pressing the keys on the keyboard, why doesn't her finger go right through it?
              I wouldn't compare a hologram to a phase shift. But yes, how could they not be able to eat and yet be able to press the keys. It's all very inconsistent.

As I watched this episode today, seeing Carter having to go through the tedious procedure with Jackson to decipher the Ancient script, I asked myself why in 9 years, Carter has not bothered to learn Ancient. I would think this might be important. Only having one member of the team knowing seems a little short-sighted.
              Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

It was an average episode.

So this is how the Sodan gets wiped out (I think).

Tomorrow, Vala's back, and she's pregnant (oh boy).
                sigpic

Comment

being able to touch the keyboard isn't a goof in that it was also in the same phase as them as the connection to the normal phase (that's how Merlin designed it).

as for not falling through the floor yeah that's a goof, as are them sitting on furniture (which Daniel does in crystal skull). but i imagine the reason for this is simply they couldn't have an episode where two of the characters keep falling through the floor.
                  sigpic

Comment

Who says they have mass in our dimension? They may not be falling through the floor because of inertia.

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                      I wouldn't compare a hologram to a phase shift. But yes, how could they not be able to eat and yet be able to press the keys. It's all very inconsistent.

As I watched this episode today, seeing Carter having to go through the tedious procedure with Jackson to decipher the Ancient script, I asked myself why in 9 years, Carter has not bothered to learn Ancient. I would think this might be important. Only having one member of the team knowing seems a little short-sighted.
                      I think it was part n parcel of the device to exist in both phases/planes.. so that way people COULD manipulate it on both sides.

Comment

An okay ep. I liked the interaction through Merlin's device.

That's the Sodan wiped out. I wonder if Haikon survived in the end? More importantly where was Jolan? Did Volnek kill him? Speaking of Volnek he looked creepy.

Better not forget the weapon that can defeat ascended beings.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hmmmm...

1. Crystal Skull revisited. Meh.

2. My first thought on the Volnek thing was "Broca Divide" especially the foam coming out of his mouth.

3. Is Mitchell that much worse than Sheppard when it comes to insane stunts?

4. General I shrunk the Colonels! Er...no Bill!
                          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I kind of like how this episode starts an arc that leads into the S9 finale. It brings a little more serial depth then is otherwise missing from SG-1. The story of this episode is quite entertaining as well. Alternate dimensions hasn't been seen in 6 years so it was interesting to revisit this kind of storyline again. Some might call it a Crystal Skull rehash but I look at the alternate dimensions at how often time travel is used. But its more of what happens in the alternate dimensions that interests me. I found myself interested in the Merlin device and the revelation of the Sangrail and its use in fighting the Ori. I have to wonder the point of basically killing the Sodon. They had such a wealth of a different Jaffa mentality it seemed premature to kill them all off as an Ori plot
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

I think the whole point to the Sodan being killed off, is
                              "LOOK AT US, we are mighty.. IRKKKKK The ori kill us easily"

Comment

Intriguing device that hides things in different dimensions. I like the out of phase idea, always fun to watch the frustration of not being seen and not able to do anything. The Ancient 'keyboard' was pretty cool.

Another weird way the Ori destroy non believers, turning one of the Sodan into a zombie who then kills all his fellow Sodan.

So, so far we've had, plagues, genetically created addictive corn, bugs and zombie killers! The Ori are pretty inventive with finding ways to kill non believers!

Comment

Working...
                                X