No announcement yet.

Off The Grid (916)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty good I think. Glad that a ship, not from Earth, was destroyed. The Odyessy looks cool, should be a good replacement for Prometheus.

Comment

It was an OK episode. Entirely non-spectacular. I agree.. feeding Nerus accomplished nothing. But as to making an enemy of the Alliance... it was already too late. Seeing as how they'd pretty much executed SG1.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

hmm. I felt about this the same that I felt about Tuesday's episode of Gilmore Girls. Nothing made me scream in frustration, but nothing made me stand up and cheer either. Warning, if nitpicking gives you hives, bail out now. Or, read with the right ointment.

My first thought with the corn was, couldn't they think of some better way of introduce the actual plot? I mean, addictive corn? Hmm, wonder what an episode where the corn was the actual plot, with SG1 actually getting addicted might have been like.

I really didn't see Mitchell as being OTT. I was wondering if the whole them going off on the planet together was going to be the only time they were together, and then Mitchell would be separate from the rest for the majority of the episode. Glad that didn't happen.

Daniel whumping. Mitchell whumping. Results of Sam whumping. Did they just not hit Teal'c, or is it he doesn't bleed as easily as those puny humans?

Hmm, who would win as most pointless Goa'uld? Anubis or Nerus? Nerus wins for most stupid. And, small mercies that they didn't show whatever led to the food against the bars. Gag.

I don't know if they were going for comedy with the Rambo!Teal'c on the ship. The arms spread out at each side stance, the blast away in answer to Mitchell's what do we do now, the second arms spread out on each side thing, blasting away. It just seemed like, "Okay, Chris, we're going to let you show off those muscles in this episode."

At least Daniel didn't have his glasses off the whole episode. Who's to say that someone from wherever they were supposed to be posing as wouldn't wear glasses?

I prefer the flanged voice. Look at me go with my newly learned terminology! Is Ba'al dead, then? Or, is this another clone dead? Or, did anyone die?

Another freaking ship! Blow it up! Blow it up! Destroy! Destroy! Off screen, preferably.

That's about it, until I read other posts.

First, the whole jumping back 8 hours then jumping forward again. I hate it when shows do that, especially when they replay the scene when they get back to it. It's almost as if the writers just do it to waste time. It's annoying.
        When did that happen?
        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

At first I thought the Odyssey looked sort of different on the front end than the Daedalus but then they used a stock clip from the Daedalus to show it in hyperspace. Maybe I was just hallucinating did anyone else think that the odyssey looked at little different than the Daedalus when it was hovering around earths orbit in its 1st shot?

Comment

Any screen caps of the Odyssey yet?
            Season 10 is by far my favorite season and i have been watching Stargate since the beginning.

Comment

Man, what a total snoozefest. The plot was so achingly slow I thought the episode would never end. It picked up slightly when they were on Ba'al's ship (why didn't they just beam directly into the bay?) but there were 40 minutes of zzzz before that point.

Looks like the Odyssey is going to be to SG1 what the Deddy is to Atlantis - a deus ex machina.

Damn, the wisecracking Mitch is back. And just when I was starting to like him...

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                It was an OK episode. Entirely non-spectacular. I agree.. feeding Nerus accomplished nothing. But as to making an enemy of the Alliance... it was already too late. Seeing as how they'd pretty much executed SG1.
                What do you mean feeding Nerus accomplished nothing? That was a key part of the episode because the locater beckon that he ate lead them straight to Ba'al, which in part allowed SG-1 to complete the mission

Comment

For an episode that had wisecracks, I thought Mitchell was pretty subdued (I was afraid going in that he would be OTT in that area) and none of the comments were too -worthy.

So, Mitchell was being all fanboyish at the end. But, really, what made Teal'c so pleased? Had be in going through blast everyone out of sight withdrawal, and this pepped him up?

I think there was a bit more whumping than shown, because Daniel seemed to be having residual pain in his jaw throughout the episode.

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Comment

Wow its like Hercules and Xena with Machine guns.
                    Hey Mitchell apparently said something stupid again to get his team in trouble, more great leadership on his part it appears.

Mitchell keeps saying stupid stuff. Of course not BBs fault when he keeps getting stupid things to say in the script.

30 million potential customers and no showers or tailors in sight.

Haha, writers couldn’t figure out how to get Mitchell out of the situation so they took a shortcut, kinda like superford in The Hive. I wonder if they will admit to it in the commentary the way J. Michael Straczynski admitted he did it for Sheridan in “Z'HA'DUM”

For about 2 seconds I thought we may have an African American captain… no such luck.

Hey they mentioned the Tokra well at least there was that.

“Happens all the time.”. that was funny and sooo true.
                    “Because we are more valuable alive…”yeah at least someone is still thinking.

Gosh will they get out of it….oh no…

Nerus is still amusing.
                    Landry is a crpy negotiator. Hope he bugged him.

What devices did Nerus have besides cupcakes?

Gee didn’t get the promo pick, must have been edited out.

Gee they can actually move like a unit, who would have thunk it.
                    That was kind of cool, too bad we had to go through the rest of the crp to get there.

45 minutes stupid
                    15 minutes cool

Was the ship in close enough orbit to gate off of it.
                    Is Nerus dead? Too bad.
                    4 more baal clones down.

It was an ok ep. Lots of cheese but some cool stuff at the end.
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                      When did that happen?
                      In the very beginning of the ep the SG1 team ran away, shot at the baddies, and looked confused when the gate vanished. Then the episode went back 8 hours to the whole casa mission, and 8 hours later TPTB showed several of the exact same scenes when the team ran, shot, and looked confused a second time. It was probably a way to save money, but it irked me.

Comment

The beginning of the episode was a waste up until they started debating on who was a drug dealer then "Mr. Shaft" zings Carter with the Mary Poppins one-liner. The Odyssey started firing on the Lucian Alliance to buy time for SG-1 to find a way off baal's ship since they regained shield capability. Feeding Nerus did seem pointless but later it made sense when Gen. Landry said he planted a locator beacon on Nerus by placing it inside a piece of cake. Nerus was stuffing himself so much he never even thought twice about being wary of the food. Very good episode with the ship scenes and did bring back memories of the good ol' days. In my opinion the reason why ratings have been dropping is because episodes have been seriously lacking the type of action sequences and team play this episode displayed. Odyssey was nice and for those of you talking about a "made up" ship you must have forgotten that it was stated in an earlier episode that the focus of the stargate budget was going to be directed towards building earth built space vessels. I give it 4 out of 5 stars with 1 being deducted for slow start to episode. Baal's ship getting annihilated was a major surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by JUNIOR
                          That was a key part of the episode because the locater beckon that he ate lead them straight to Ba'al, which in part allowed SG-1 to complete the mission
                          Oh, man. You know, the thought of the locator beacon being on the cupcake takes me to thoughts that I'd rather not have on this show. Particularly with Nerus.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                            In the very beginning of the ep the SG1 team ran away, shot at the baddies, and looked confused when the gate vanished. Then the episode went back 8 hours to the whole casa mission, and 8 hours later TPTB showed several of the exact same scenes when the team ran, shot, and looked confused a second time. It was probably a way to save money, but it irked me.
                            Okay. I wasn't in the room for the very start of the episode, so I missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347

My first thought with the corn was, couldn't they think of some better way of introduce the actual plot? I mean, addictive corn? Hmm, wonder what an episode where the corn was the actual plot, with SG1 actually getting addicted might have been like.
                              Yeah that kinda through me off too, and then I thought they were going to say that Ba'al was actually behind the corn/casa. I thought that they were going to explain how he regular old corn from earth and altered in order to get people hooked and to build his new empire after observing how drugs can be a quick way to power here on Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by JUNIOR
                                What do you mean feeding Nerus accomplished nothing? That was a key part of the episode because the locater beckon that he ate lead them straight to Ba'al, which in part allowed SG-1 to complete the mission
                                He didnt Eat the locator beacon, it was packed with his cupcakes.
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X