Ethon (915)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dannygirl
    The Promie's destruction was why I gave this epi a 5/5. I didn't like to see it go at all. How crazy to say this, but there's an emotional connection there. It covered SG-1 from Anubis when they were getting to the outpost in Antartica, and it was the first of our ships, so that always gives it superiority over all others. Yes, when I saw the first blast I thought, "It'll recover". I saw the second and then saw those people get blown out to space and it was a shock. And then it went, along with Pendergast, and all it could do was just sit there because there was nothing else it could do. It would be slightly different if it fell in an all out battle, but it didn't. This was slow, brutal (not to mention cruel) and cold hearted. That President guy actually was enjoying it which made it worse. This epi showed that nothing we have (Asgard shields and all) can match the Ori's tech. Kudos to the writers, this was a good epi.
    Seeing the Prometheus and Pendergast go was one of the saddest moments in the series for me. It was scary not only for the fact that it shows how outmatched we are by the Ori's tech, but also that there is a vicious core to the faith of their true followers that is just as dangerous. THAT aspect of the Ori's power is really scary.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
      Take a beer into your workplace on Monday and see how that works out.
      Well, there was the Christmas party that we had during hours, and the champagne they served. Although it wasn't a military facility.

The beer in the scene was not appropriate and not necessary. They could have accomplished the same thing with Soda or OJ
      Yes, that's true. For me, the beer had as much impact as if it had been a soda (please no OJ. Brings back bad memories of a certain scene in RE). I can understand it bothering others, but for me, it was as minor a thing in the scene compared to what was happening as, say, if it had been a soda and the brand name was clear. Um, stupid example. But, I just mean what they were drinking was a minor concern for me compared to the shared moment between the two of them.
      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
        Is it against the rules to have beer on a military facility period, or just when you're on duty? I wouldn't know myself. But, I'll confess I liked the scene so much -Mitchell seeking Daniel out, giving him credit, probably in an attempt to make him feel better over everything- that I really wouldn't have cared if it had been against the rules. There was so little for me to like. But, still, I thought it was clear Mitchell wasn't on duty, and Daniel could very well have been there after hours, which would mean he wasn't officially on duty either. Would that still have been a breach of military rules?
        Well, you know what they say - "When the General's away...."
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I wanted Mitchell to destroy that satalite soooo badly. They killed Prommie and Pendergast! They needed to play!

It's a shame we wont be seeing Jarod around anymore since he's proably dead. I really liked the guy. When he first came through the gate in teh begining you could see and hear how deprested, devistated and desperate he was. I like him in Icon too. Though I have to wonder why he went back to the planet with Daniel when it was dead obvious they were going to charge him with treason.

What a dark ending but I loved it. Everything is not all and good in the galaxy and people do die. I think this ep is IMO the best this season. My hopes for season 9 had slowly been waning even though I like Stronghold but this has iven me new hope.

And aboutthe beer...I thought it was very aproprite since Mitchell was off duty and all this really depressing crap has happened.

So far the count is...
          Ori- 2 (The Powers That Be & Ethon)
          SGC-2 (Beachhead & The Fourth Horseman)
          Last edited by GatetheWay; 03 February 2006, 08:34 PM.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
            The beer in the scene was not appropriate and not necessary. They could have accomplished the same thing with Soda or OJ or if they really had to have a beer they could have said at the end of the scene "lets go get a beer" or had the scene outside the facility. Its my only real gripe with the ep.
            I think it was just another opportunity for the franchise to pimp Coors. And out of all the beers to promote...blech...

Comment

Originally posted by nccjones
              Man, I had tears in my eyes when Pendergast wouldn't leave the ship, I knew he would be the Captain to go down with his ship.
              i almost cried too.

<-- pendergast and prometheus -->

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

My word, this was an incredible episode. I was on the edge of my seat from beginning to end and felt very moved by the whole thing. This might become one of my top ten SG-1 eps of all time.

The plotting was so tight and and just flowed along from one twist to the next. I loved the intelligence of the strategies employed all around by all 3 sides. I wasn't able to guess what was about to happen, yet once it did, it made sense to me.

I was very sad for Leda. And Pendergast died a tragic hero's death. His closing his eyes just before was so sad. I'm sure he was thinking of his family. Sniff.

Daniel was "Daniel" again, arguing for the peaceful, win/win solution and he almost succeeded. The line about never giving up even when he's dead made me LOL. So true! I loved his grief when he thought his friends were all dead.

We got such good team moments: everyone was concerned for each other without being sappy. The losses were felt. Mitchell was very likeable this time IMO.

Poor Sam sure underestimated the satellite's technology, didn't she? This ep shows the havoc that the SGC has wreaked on on planet, from causing the world war to inviting the Ori to our galaxy. I wonder how poor Daniel can sleep at night!

The guest characters were all great. I loved the Rand General and was glad to see the President buy the farm. I find it hard to relate to anyone buying the Origin religion but I guess it's really happened, hasn't it.

I could go on, but I'll just say thanks and well done, Damian! It exceeded all my expectations and gave a lot of food for thought too.

Comment

I'm fine with them losing this one. Realistic and all. But, when was the last time Daniel won a victory? Enemy Mine?
                  I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1

-Shared command nod! Loved that neither Cam nor Sam would sit in the "Big Chair." Nice touch, having Cam debate with himself whether to sit there or not, and deciding not. Hmmm. Why does Sam smile like that when Cam nixes the chair? Hmm-hmm.
                    i loved that scene!

-More or less a team ep, altho Teal'c had minor input here. Daniel's sabotaged diplomacy was nicely handled. That Daniel still tried to set the warring factions on a peaceful course was so Daniel.
                    i know. i love that side of daniel.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                      Teal'c has been first chair in the 302 before - there were 5 302s in the squadron why didn't he get his own - he should have. I would rather see him flying a 302 then playing back seat to Mitchell - but hey that's just me and again piss poor writing, imo, minimizing the strengths of the original characters in favor of the new boy.
                      i agree. i was wondering the same thing. teal'c could fly mitchell around the block with his pinkie. pinkie fingernail!

*protective of the original powerful three team*

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

The scene where Sam came back, I didn't get the impression that Mitchell's reaction was more important or heartfelt than Teal'c's. Teal'c's expression was definitely full of emotion, and it seemed to me that he wanted to be able to look at her. I felt the holding her the arms and staring into her eyes when he said that they feared the worst had a big emotional impact.
                        i felt mitchell's reaction was normal and nice, but it was teal'c's that showed the years of friendship and love between one another. a beautiful and perfect scene.

And, one nice thing in the cell after the Prometheus blew up and Jared was saying all of Daniel's lines (grr) was they cut to Daniel and when the commander dude started talking about what the pror did, Daniel's head turned slightly towards them. Like the whole time he hadn't heard a word, because he was in shock, but that managed to penetrate his fog. I like the idea that he was so lost that he couldn't participate. And, yes, at the same time I hate that Jared was doing all the talking.

i liked the way that scene played out because for once, FOR ONCE, they showed someone grieving. they've fallen away from that, giving the impression that everyone doesn't give a crap about anyone else. i liked seeing daniel hurting and in his own private moment of grief. but yes, he wasn't 'out of it' and heard what was going on.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Sounds to me like the Ori tech penetrating Prometheus shields, leading to Prometheus destruction showed the true threat...

Sort of like the Dominion tech penetrating the Odyssey's shields, leading to the Odyssey's destruction (by ramming), in DS9.
                          sigpic

Comment

Is it against the rules to have beer on a military facility period, or just when you're on duty? I wouldn't know myself. But, I'll confess I liked the scene so much -Mitchell seeking Daniel out, giving him credit, probably in an attempt to make him feel better over everything- that I really wouldn't have cared if it had been against the rules. There was so little for me to like. But, still, I thought it was clear Mitchell wasn't on duty, and Daniel could very well have been there after hours, which would mean he wasn't officially on duty either. Would that still have been a breach of military rules?
                            well, i didn't like seeing mitchell drinking on the base, but i'll give daniel a pass because he's not military. but it was a small nitpick for me.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Rule one. Do not make reference to the possibility of a tortured Daniel and not show even a glimpse of a little knocking around.
                              LOL! I thought the same, Dani347: Yipe, here we go, whumped Danny! Alas, no.

Just playin' just sayin', teasers.
                              MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                              sigpic
                              Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by RZN
                                I liked it, but I want to know what happened to the weapon? I think it must have been destroyed somehow, because otherwise the Daedalus would have picked it up

Thats exactly what I was thinking! I mean if they blew themselves up then the weapon should be ours for the taking. Its only fitting that SGC get it seeing that they blew up Earth's ship. Thats the least that Earth should get for all the crap that we took trying to help them.

Comment

Working...
                                X