• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Fourth Horseman, Part 1 (910)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON NINE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 910

Earth is infected with a deadly Ori plague, prompting an ally from SG-1's past to come to their aide. Gerak proposes that the Free Jaffa follow the Ori religion.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 09:51 PM.

Those Eeeeeeevil B_A_S_T_A_R_D_S!

Comment

?I'm sorry, what?
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

another great epidsode tonight, i can't wait for part 2
        My DVD Collection http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...id=deathshadow

Comment

One of the best episodes this season. Can't wait till January
          Dr. (Bob) Lee's best episode of the whole series.
          sigpic

Comment

I want to know why they'd take an interesting, dynamic semi-villain and transform him into a one dimensional boring villain just to cheesily stack the odds against earth some more.

(And why couldn't they make the pryors' powers original? They just hacked the jedi and made them look like Palpatine! Lame.)

Comment

Originally posted by Bobthespirit
              I want to know why they'd take an interesting, dynamic semi-villain and transform him into a one dimensional boring villain just to cheesily stack the odds against earth some more.

(And why couldn't they make the pryors' powers original? They just hacked the jedi and made them look like Palpatine! Lame.)
              I totally disagree. Not that I don't respect your opinion, of course. I think Gerak will now probably be his most interesting. And as for the Priors being lame, I don't think so.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Now THAT was a creepy ep, I mean even at the end I know Garrik would become a prior from the screen shots but man... it still creeped me out.

Comment

Sometimes creepy can be good. In this instance, I think it was.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

SPOILERS.....
                    Orlin himself said it. Ori are just lying to their followers. That and they somehow sap the life-force of those who believe in them to make them more powerful. The Priors and Doci are not aware of these actions by their so-called "gods".

Not only that... the Ori and Alterans were 1 people, but a philosophical divide sent them into a civil war. The Alterans didn't want to fight and just fled when the Ori tried to destroy them.
                    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

I like this ep pretty well and can't wait until the second half of the season but its hard to judge this ep when compared to Prototype.

However
                      Bratec - Yay
                      Garek - boo and yay - I hate him, but I guess thats the point.
                      Olin - I soo wish Sean had been available but the kid did a good job.
                      Ori - I knew they were sucking their worshippers dry... they are ascende wraith? or AD&D gods...either way... I knew it.
                      Mitchell - Great
                      Sam - Great
                      Daniel - Great
                      Teal'c - Great
                      Dr Lee - Great
                      Walter - Great
                      Jaffa counsil woman - still solid
                      Gareks first prime like guy --- hes soo gonna turn to our side
                      CJs brother -- nice to see him back too.
                      Lam - Great
                      Landry - Great
                      Virus --- very bbaadd.. bad virus.. but good plot point for midseason cliffhanger.
                      New toy to beat the priors - Cool.

I will grade this ep a B or B+. It was a solid ep but didnt get me cheering like Prototype..
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Didn't see it hear so I thought I'd start it.

Spoiler:

I liked the explanation of the Alterans & Orii originally being one race and having philosophical differences.

Also liked the discussion of the Orii religion being a lie to gain power by submission.

Like the explanation as to why the Ancients don't interfer with corporeal matters. Nice bit of consistency there.

I thought that Orlin coming back as a child was a novel way of dealing with the original actor not being available. However, I did find it somewhat comical knowing the real reason he was a kid. His mention to Sam that he still has the same feelings for her was just weird/downright bizaree/comical.

Liked the idea of the Ancients allowing him to return to help out.

"The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Yeah, I'd give "Prototype" an A, and "The Fourth Horseman Part 1" a B++
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I think this revelation was big. Up until now, the Ori weren't for sure totally evil. Now, we know they are. All they care about is serving their own needs. And sg-1 is going to find a way to make them pay. If we could turn a Prior or two, that wouldn't hurt either.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Ok, this one, I have to say I enjoyed a little more. Although, I have to say, peaking of clones, SG9's starting to feel like a bad clone of the original Stargate.

A few nitpicks as usual:

The whole scene in the beginning with the Lam comment was stupid. Who cares if someone makes a joke about her giving someone a spongue bath? And why would Mitch care?? I don't care! So what if she's the General's daughter, it's not like he actually has my respect, even though he's a general. In fact, the whole base seems to be falling apart under this guy. I don't get a sense of security any more. And Lam - this whole daddy/daughter angle...what's it for? As to her doctoring skills, I don't think i'd feel as comfortable knowing Lam is gonna take care of it as I would knowing Dr. Frasier's gonna take care of it. Fraiser had a mothering presence. She knew how to make you comfortable. She had power and she knew she did. I don't think Lam totally realizes her power as a Dr. Without her ok, nothing happens, period.

We all applauded here when Hammond showed up - same as when we saw SPF on the flashbacks. Ah, how I missed his bull-dog like voice. *sniff*

Again, Show me, don't tell me. I didn't see one person drop dead, go into convulsions, foam at the mouth, eyes glaze over white, nothin. What kind of sucky virus footage is that!? SHOW ME PEOPLE!!! I WANT CARNAGE, CHAOS, CONFUSION, CALAMITY!! Besides S9 that is...

Of the whole show, Mini-Orlin had to be the funniest - oh, and that part when Sam had her phones in. Heh heh. It never took an Oeudipal turn - whew. I practicaly lost my appetite snickering when - uh - mini-orlin said - uh - ;The Thing'. [snickers uncontrollably] Man, I'd love to see some bloopers from that one. Meanwhile, young Bright could have pulled his lines off a little less dryly. Orlin was always dry - but in an emotional way. Which brings me to the question - how could SPF decide some romance flick was more important than appearing as a beacon of light for us in the SG fandom??? I mean - *SMACK*! How could you abandon us!?? *sobs* Anyhoo, AT pulled it off without too many smirks of course, that's a plus. This being Cameron Brights second flick being cast as 'involved' with a more mature person, you gotta wonder if the poor kids been type cast into a slightly uncool rut. I hope not.

The Ori are boring - as usual - and by the way, why did Orlin decide to decend at this time now? Awfully convenient - I must've missed his reasons for that. Gerak is a fool, Teal'c needs to bring in the heavy ammunition, and someone needs to throw some soda in the Orii Pit. Bada bing bada boom, problem solved. And no need to tell us why you chose "that form", kid, I know, I know, the 'Other' is a tad pre-occupied at the moment. Now I suppose they'll kill him off. That's right, complete your mass genocide of interesting characters, PTB. *siiiiggghhh*

The last question I'm left with which swims it's way up to the surface from the midts of countless others is...why the back to back eps?

Ah well...it's Miller time....
                              TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Working...
                              X