Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jace021903
    replied
    I think this is my favorite episode of season 9 so far which is saying something because I have really enjoyed the season overall.

This has been a different kind of season because of the cast changes, but with this episode, I think they have hit their stride in meshing the new with the original. Of course, now they are going on haitus for a few months. But at least, I have something to look forward to in January.

Good team feel to this episode--everybody working toward the same goal. Great villian who was menacing without being over the top cheesy. There was a feeling of urgency in having to stop this guy. Loved seeing Woolsey again. I didn't guess the ending which is nice.

The new characters--Mitchell, Landry and Lam have settled in and feel like part of the show now, not just guest characters.

The new team dynamic is not the same that Jack had with the team but
    I like it. There is a developing friendship and respect which I love. Mitchell doesn't have the same style as Jack, but I think it works for the character and the story. He doesn't order them around a lot because he doesn't have to.

I have been really liking Sam a lot this season and she is really good in this episode. Competent at her specialty but take charge and kick butt when she needs to.

My, how our Daniel has changed over the years--eliminate the threat immediately rather than communicating with it. He has learned a few things along the way, which is kind of poignant when compared with his earlier idealism but makes perfect sense since he has been at this for so many years and been through so much.

Teal'c didn't have tons to do individually, but he was a solid presence on the team. Loved the stunt where he flies back and takes out the people behind him.

A final note , the music was excellent in highlighting the sense of peril in this episode. Actually, it has been great all year, so cheers to the people responsible.

Overall, an excellent episode that I will definately rewatch.

Jace

Leave a comment:

• lethalfang
    replied
    Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
    I was so upset when he was shot. That was incredible acting for that character.

Sokar all over again.
    It's great writing that the prototype is killed. It was entirely unexpected. It was a shocker. I thought they were just trying to get in to manually set up the Iris and the episode is over. I was certain that was going to happen. And I was thinking to myself, "yeah, one more problem one more enemy without resolution. SGC screws up again. The bad guys get away as always. The bad guys always get away (e.g. foothill aliens, etc.)."
    Then, suddenly he pops back into the gate room and goes "bang bang bang," and I didn't know what hit me.

Leave a comment:

• the dancer of spaz
    replied
    OK, I haven't read through the thread yet, but... Here it goes.

First order of business: I guess the "Who's The Boss?" War between Sam and Cam fans is (somewhat) over. Cameron identified himself as SG-1 leader, and Sam did her 2IC deal. Business as usual. Except she ordered people around, and Cam's "orders" were more like suggestions when addressing her.

Second order: Still, my feelings on the subject were neatly summed up in two words by the lovely Daniel Jackson: "New guy?!"

Why, oh why, oh why would Cameron think that he could just go hitting buttons on a panel that he couldn't hope to decipher? Looking for a dang light switch? Wha?!?! Yes, Daniel hit stuff too, but he could actually READ it. Again, this could be categorized as an "honest mistake" on Cam's part, but I'm not so sure I buy that. What happened to the "no touchy-touchy rule?" If they had just waited a bit, Daniel would have figured out WHO and WHAT they were dealing with, and they would have been able to move on accordingly.

Then again, the episode would have panned out differently, wouldn't it have? Oh, how it's soooo interesting when the characters' behavior is used as a plot device.

I liked the actor who played Nuby Jr. Not only was he Jude Law-esque, but he was also just so incredibly sinister. It's a shame he died so soon. Dang. Hey, maybe HE found some cloning technology!

I'm beginning to like Lam more and more. LD did a great job of showing how unnerved Carolyn was at the thought of killing a patient (Nuby 2) who was in her care. Still, she was dedicated and steadfast in finding out what was going on. Lam's got a very rough edge to her, but her soft side is definitely reminiscent of Janet. She wasn't nearly as ticked off at Daddy as she was in previous eps. I'm looking forward to seeing more of that soft side come out as the season progresses.

As much as I liked the Daniel/Cameron shot of them walking up the ramp, I thought the Billions of Bullets was unnecessarily violent - even for this show. Meh. I'll live.

Bridges stood out to me as well. It was great to see Landry under stress. He's got a lot on his plate, he's really overwhelmed, and he's got 3/4 of his frontline team acting as if this is normal. Landry earned many more points in my book this episode.

Robert Picardo and Michael Shanks also did well in this episode. From start to finish, "Dick" provided the perfect opportunity for us to see how idiotic the government was being - like Sam said, he honestly believed his own spin. By the end of the episode, he was once again questioning his position and his beliefs. The ending scene was very well done, and it's good to see the confliction in Daniel again. He really ISN'T a murderer, but he knows what needs to be done from here on out.

Overall, it was a good episode, and a surprisingly good tie-in to "The Fourth Horseman Part I."

Leave a comment:

• JanusAncient
    replied
    Fantastic! It was appropriate to kill Khalek, but the way they did it, in the words of Ancient Aiyanna "amazing." I was thrilled, Daniel actually wanting to kill someone, a complete 180, I loved this episode, it satisfied my Stargate craving.

Leave a comment:

• Kliggins
    replied
    I really enjoyed this episode. It kept me interested from beginning to end. Nice direction by Will Waring.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X