No announcement yet.

Prototype (909)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy Crap...Wow, I cannot articulate enough synomyns to state how awesome this episode was

Great acting all round, good to see how much Daniel has grown over the 9 years.
    Nice to see the cut Cam got in Babylon still on his face though...I like little things like that
    It actually felt like SG1 again...don't get me wrong, I love Season 9 but it didnt have the same vibe SG1 gave me in Seasons 1 through 8...this brought it back

Here's hoping SG1 continues to be this damn awesome

Comment

Got to agree wiv Serebii, pure SG1 once again for the second time this season I have been amazed at the brilliance of an episode. The side of Daniel we saw has been there the whole time, looks like a little of Jacks personality rubbed off on him. Khalek was damn sinister as hell, a really great villain who it was a shame to see dye after 1 episode, but still a fantastic ep, especially the closing scenes with Woolsey and Dan

As a rating 9/9 chevrons, perfect!!!!!!
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by Fargater
        Gah! I don`t have time to read the whole thread now, but have to say I agree with a lot of things and disagree with others.

First being I did NOT like the whole "New Guy!" thing and that Cam would be stupid enough to push the button. I can guess why the writer put it in there but I wish they`d thought of a better/more plausible scenario for using that line. And I don`t think Jack would have pushed it either.

Also, and so far no one else has brought this up that I know of, umm, why did it only take pushing one button to release the guy? There was a whole panel of buttons, everything else always has a sequence you have to push, often with much drama and suspense if finding the right sequence is a matter of life or death, so it shouldn`t have opened so easily.

Loved pretty much everything else about the ep. Gotta read the rest later.
        I actually thought the new guy thing was quite funny. However, most important thing - Khalek was British!!! which means Anubis must have been British!!!!!!!

All glory to the British!!
        Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

is it me or did the action scenes look different ( bear with me )...

eg: when they are searching the base for mini-anubis the picture/cinematography/position of camera/ AND or lighting just looked odd!

ok apart from that -> great ep!!!! 2wks and then we get 4thH'man.Prt2
          It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

The Anubis guy was incredibly believable as Evil. He was the best thing in the ep - and that's high praise cos all of the regular and recurring characters in the ep were on excellent form.

Best line: "I thought it was [i]always [/]our fault"

Madeleine

Comment

This was probably the closest we've got to team and the feel of the real SG1 this season, for me. It was certainly less boring than the last few episodes.

All the same, there were too many elements of same old, same old for me to put this in my A class eps. The old 'desk jockeys ignore the experts (SG1/SGC) advice on the danger and think they know best, only to end up with egg on their face plot. The danger that turns out to be worse than we thought and that our precautions can't contain (Menace). The solution at the end was the same one Carter used to get rid of Anubis in Lockdown. And so on. So nothing original or fresh there.

There were some nice moments, though. I really like the whole 'Pirates of the Carribean' moment where Evil Guy thinks he's not been shot by Mitchell, then the blood starts and we realise he was shot by Daniel while distracted by Mitchell. And the walk up the ramp was well done, too.

We got to see some good Sam action <nostalgic sigh> - could do with plenty more of that. And some team - could do with lots more of that. And Lam was actually also on message this week and not bickering with Daddy instead of doing her job professionally, so she didn't even grate on me at all. Except for when she told Evil Guy that once he was better they'd see what they could do to get him home. Since when is that her call? Overstepping her mark slightly, wasn't she? That small lapse aside, I found her okay.

Even Landry was pretty watchable.

So, one of this season's best, I think. Which in a poor season so far isn't saying much. In any previous season, I think I'd have put it at the bottom of the heap. But in S9....it actually didn't bore me before the end, so it counts as a good one.

BTW, that guy was British? I thought that accent was Australian!

Albion
              Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                Except for when she told Evil Guy that once he was better they'd see what they could do to get him home. Since when is that her call? Overstepping her mark slightly, wasn't she? That small lapse aside, I found her okay.

BTW, that guy was British? I thought that accent was Australian!
                Nope, not australian.

I thought she was just "helping" him recovery and heal and tell him everything will be all right type stuff.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                  This was probably the closest we've got to team and the feel of the real SG1 this season, for me. It was certainly less boring than the last few episodes.

All the same, there were too many elements of same old, same old for me to put this in my A class eps. The old 'desk jockeys ignore the experts (SG1/SGC) advice on the danger and think they know best, only to end up with egg on their face plot. The danger that turns out to be worse than we thought and that our precautions can't contain (Menace). The solution at the end was the same one Carter used to get rid of Anubis in Lockdown. And so on. So nothing original or fresh there.
                  What I thought was interesting was that really Woosley was right in thinking of studying Anubis jr. Sure you don't know if its of any use in the episode but in the Fourth Horse Man
                  Spoiler:
                  it turns out that Carter way able to invent possible way to make a Prior lose his powers.
                  So in the log run Woolsey was right along about the potetial of studying Kalic.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Woo! Amazing ep - really intense!

I personally loved the 'New guy!' line. It's not the first time Cam's caused problems by not reading the instructions first, though - remember the Avalon cliffhanger? You would have thought he'd have learned by now!

Scary to see 'Son-of-Anubis'. That ultimate personification of naughtiness really doesn't want to go away, does he? Even though he's occupied elsewhere in a higher plane of existence, he still manages to turn up like a bad penny - albeit in junior form.

Yay! Woolsey popped in for a visit! An officious little prig as always - but we love him anyway.
                    sigpic

Comment

Absolutly loved this episode, its what SG-1 is all about, the interaction between the team gets better and better each week. Khalek was well the scary side of Anubis that we never go to see as we never really saw Anubis' face until S8. The "new guy" line was a typical Stargate line which when you think the writers can't come up with anymore they do and they are great lines. The Daniel part at the end was a dark moment for the character which was helped by the way it was shot. At last Daniel had something to do other than read ancient text!

Prototype recieves a S.G.C rating of 9 out of 9 Chevrons!

Comment

One of the best episodes so far!!! Khalak was great, in fact it was a shame to kill him off, but I also loved Daniel and Mitchell laying their 9mm clips into him. Daniels line to Mitchell was very funny and it was cool to see Danny sort of come to terms with Anubis from Full Circle. All and all this was one of the best eps so far and possibly one of the best eps of all of Stargate. Can't wait to see more!!!
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

One of the best episodes of Series 9 so far. I agree with other posts about it feeling like SG-1 again, plus its good to see Robert Picardo playing Woosley again and seeing landry's feelings towards him.

I loved the enemy and the acting was top notch.

More of the same.

Cant believe were on our Tenth episode next week.

STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                          legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

do you guys think we can use the genetic manipulator to help the Asgard with there cloning problem?

Comment

Originally posted by RonTheAncient
                              do you guys think we can use the genetic manipulator to help the Asgard with there cloning problem?
                              Logically, yes,
                              Plot wise, no.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

I just watched this again, and realised this for the first time, this may have been done already, but meh:

When khalek comes back in, and mitchell shoots his gun, you can hear daniel shooting his once.

This episode is still awesome, even on wahtever time i've seen it (at least 4 all the way through, and lots more of almost all the way).

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Working...
                                X